Chapter Fifty-Two ~ Roman

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Seeing Logan sleepy was Roman's favorite thing.

His boyfriend shuffled into the kitchen on that Saturday morning with his hair a mess, eyes barely open, and glasses loosely hooked on the hem of his loose t-shirt.

"Good morning, Poppy. I started coffee."

Logan blinked sluggishly at him and Roman chuckled, setting down the whisk he was using. "Late night? How much sleep did you get?"

"Two hours?" Logan answered after a few moments of thinking. "Was busy...."

"I can see that." Roman got Logan's favorite mug out of the cupboard, pouring him coffee. "Did you finish up what you were doing?"

"Mmm. Almost." Logan accepted the coffee mug with a sleepy smile and a peck on Roman's cheek. "I was looking into costume design notes."

Roman raised his eyebrows. "You stayed up almost all night to look up stuff for my video? Poppy, that's very sweet, but sleep is good for you."

Logan shrugged and leaned against him, sipping his coffee.

Roman smiled and glanced at the stove. "Why don't you take a seat, I'm about halfway through making breakfast. Wanna see what you boys think of my grandma's maple pancakes."

Logan mumbled something incoherent and wandered over to the island to sit. Roman checked his mix to make sure everything had been added and then grabbed a measuring cup to use for measuring.

Roman hummed to himself as he scooped pancake mix into the three pans one by one. He hadn't made these pancakes in almost three years.

He glanced up at Logan and found his boyfriend watching with quite a bit more attentiveness than he'd possessed a few minutes ago.

"Good morning." He teased, smiling.

Logan grunted and took a sip of his coffee. "What are you making?"

"Wow, you were really out of it. My grandma's maple pancakes."

"Oh, you said that already, didn't you? I'm sorry, sweetheart."

Roman smiled. "Have you ever noticed you use older fashioned pet names?"

Logan raised his eyebrows, sitting up a little. "Do I?"

"Mhm. Sweetheart, mostly. You called me darling the other day."

"I suppose I've never thought about it, but before the mess of my parents' recent years they always used those sorts of names. Sweetheart, darling, lovebird was a favorite of my mother's."

"Awww, that's so cute!" Roman cooed as he flipped a pancake. 

"Like you." Logan sipped his coffee, meeting Roman's eyes over the rim of his mug. Roman could practically see his boyfriend's hidden smirk.

"Stop it, you're not allowed to flirt with me while I'm trying to focus on something."

"But I like flirting with you." Logan set his coffee down. "You're incredibly easy to fluster."

Roman stuck his tongue out and returned his attention to the pancakes.

He finished up the batch of batter and did a count. There were definitely enough for all of them to have at least three at breakfast and some left over.

"Alright, breakfast is ready. How quickly do you think Virgil will run me down if I bang on his bedroom door as loud as I can?"

"Incredibly so." Logan got up, walking around the island to get a plate. "You wouldn't make it past the bathroom."

"Well how else should I wake him up? He still tries to bite my head off if I get so much as one foot in the door."

"Wait for Patton to get up and then have him do it." Logan shrugged as he put a couple pancakes on his plate. "Virgil likes him."

"Lucky him." Roman muttered, sulking. 

"You're making progress with him, you know." Logan wrapped an arm around his waist and rested his head on Roman's shoulder. "Just think, when the two of you moved in, you hated each other. Now he at least tolerates you."

"Most of the time."

Logan raised his eyebrows and Roman fought the urge to press a kiss between them.

For about half a second anyway.

His boyfriend blinked a few times at him as he pulled away, making Roman blush.

"You're very affectionate."

"I'm sorry, I can stop-"

Logan shook his head. "I don't see why you should. I'm simply not used to such physical interaction."

"You're not?" Roman gasped. "That's like, impossible. You're so pretty! You've never had a boyfriend or anything? Oh no wait you said there was that one girl who tried to lock you in a closet... that was it?"

"Mhm. I had other things to worry about." Logan reached over the counter to grab his coffee. Roman had to smile when his boyfriend immediately returned to his side. He looped an arm around Logan gently.

"That is completely unacceptable. From now on I'm taking on a full-time role as doting boyfriend."

"Isn't that what you are anyway?" Logan smirked and sipped his coffee.

Roman rolled his eyes. "Aren't you the oldest of us? Why are you such a brat?"

"I'm not that much older than you are." 

Roman grunted and kissed him, stealing his coffee mug and setting it on the counter. He heard Logan's soft chuckle, and felt his boyfriend's arms tighten around his waist.

"Get a roooooom, oh my god."

"Good morning, Virgil." Logan reclaimed his coffee mug as he pulled away from Roman, picking up his plate.

"Why are you guys always making out in the kitchen?" Virgil complained. "Seriously, your rooms are like, a dozen feet away from the kitchen. I don't mind being the only single guy in the apartment, but Christ, it's not like everyone else wants to see it."

"You know, you never complain when Patton has Remy over." Roman pointed out. "I made breakfast."

"That's because when Patton and Remy want to make out, they go in his room!" Virgil made a wild and clearly irritated gesture in the general direction of Patton's room.

Roman looked at Logan, who shrugged. "I suppose he has a point."

"Thank you." Virgil grumbled as he grabbed a plate for pancakes. "God-f*cking-d*mn. I'm so f*cking tired of seeing you losers sucking face."

"It sounds to me as if our Tall-Dark-and-Stormy is just a bit jealous, Logan-Berry." Roman snickered. "And Patton wouldn't appreciate your language."

"I'm not jealous, I'm f*cking irritated. Patton's not awake to yell at me either so eat sh*t."

{I can't believe that Tall Dark and Stormy hasn't been used for Virgil yet}