Chapter Sixty-Three ~ Logan

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"Everyone has their cameras?" Logan asked his roommates. Roman and Patton nodded while Virgil waved his, looking bored. "Good. Don't be stupid, stay in pairs, lets have a good day."

"Those are too many rules." Roman complained as he started his recording. "You know I'm stupid all the time."

"Wow, did you just admit that on camera?" Virgil's vlog camera was also going, and he smirked at Roman. "I just hit the f*cking jackpot."

"What- oh come on!" Roman tried to grab the camera. Virgil danced backwards.

Patton intervened, grinning. "C'mon, play nice."

Roman stuck his tongue out. Virgil returned the gesture.

"Right." Logan turned to his camera. "Today we're at a local festival setup just outside of town, it's not open yet but it will be soon. Requiem Summer Cirque will be open for four weeks, link will be in the description with more information.

"Patton came up with the idea for this video, so I'll let him explain it." He turned to Patton. The vlogger grinned and turned to his camera.

"We are going to be playing a team variation of Hide and Seek Tag! We've talked through our rules so I'm just reiterating them for you... and I don't think Princey and Ame were listening the first time."

"Hey!" Roman protested. "I was paying attention!"

"I wasn't." Virgil smirked.

Patton shook his head, laughing. "Of course you weren't. So we're going to divide into teams. One team will seek, the other two teams will hide. Logan and Roman are a team, Ame and his boyfriend are a team, and then my boyfriend and I are a team! Introduce yourselves." 

He spun his camera around to Remy and Emile, standing to the side.

"'Sup. I'm Remy, I've got a little YouTube channel but I never use it." Remy shot finger guns in his direction.

"Hey, I'm Emile."

Patton turned the camera back to himself, then made a noise of annoyance and looked at Virgil. "Here, hold this."

Virgil snickered and trained the camera on him.

"So we are going to play three-way rock paper scissors to decide which team will be seeking. Couples should hide within eyesight of each other because only Ame and I have vlog cameras in our couple. Our boyfriends have agreed to take video on their phones if we get separated."

"But Pat, how would we get separated?" Virgil asked in an advertiser imitation. 

"Well if the seeking couple finds another couple, the tag chase begins to the center plaza of the place. If someone is tagged they freeze, and their significant other can try to tag them back into the game. If both are tagged that team becomes seekers and gives the previous team thirty seconds to hide."

"We'll text who's tagged in a group chat, and we'll use the honor system." Roman put in.

"Exactly! So Logan and Roman, pick your player. Virgil and I will face off with you."

"I'll do it." Roman nodded.

Virgil, Roman, and Patton squared off, and Logan closed in with the camera to get a good shot.

"On shoot, gentlemen. Rock, paper, scissors, shoot."

"HAH!" Patton cheered as he showed paper and both Virgil and Roman showed rock. "Remy and I seek first! We'll give you guys a minute and a half to hide, there's supposed to be one or two workers in each maze to help you out. Mirror maze is off limits- three, two, one!"

Roman grabbed Logan's hand and began to pull him along, grinning. Virgil and Emile darted off in the other direction.

"Where are we going?"

"Well..." Roman smirked, glancing at the mirror maze. "It's not like they could find us..."

"NO CHEATING ROMAN, I F*CKING SEE YOU!" Virgil's voice rang out over the main plaza.

Logan snickered and tugged Roman away. "Come on."

They slipped off into one of the other mazes, called Pilot's Puzzle.

"Let's find somewhere up high to hide. If they can't reach us they can't tag us." Roman snickered.

"It has to be structurally sound." Logan reminded him. "We don't want another shoulder brace situation."

"That was Ame though, I heard tall people have more brittle bones-"

Logan looked at him strangely. "That is... factually unfounded. Where on Earth did you hear that?"

Roman shrugged. "The internet- c'mon, lets look in here."

He and Logan made their way farther into the maze, looking for anywhere they could hide. They eventually ran into a redheaded girl who introduced herself as Leanne. 

"Wait, can we get up there safely?" Roman pointed at the top of a stack of crates. Leanne paused and looked up at them.

"Probably, but I think only one of you would make it up there. You'd have to boost each other and I can't help you with that sh*t."

"Up you go, Poppy." Roman turned to Logan with a grin, setting his camera up on a nearby box to capture the moment and then lacing his fingers together.

"What happens if you get caught?" Logan raised his eyebrows.

"I won't! But if you stay near the back up there I bet they wouldn't be able to see you at all. You could sneak past them and come get me."

Logan sighed and placed one foot in his boyfriend's hands.

A minute later he was crouched on the back of the stack of crates. Roman assured him he was out of sight, then disappeared back down the maze to find somewhere else.

Logan sat down to wait, talking quietly to his camera for several minutes. There wasn't really any rhyme or reason to it, he just talked.

A screech rang out through the maze and Logan froze. It certainly sounded like Roman had been found.

He checked his phone and found a text from Patton saying Roman had been tagged.

Logan pulled his camera to his chest so the viewfinder was hidden, and carefully placed his finger over the flashing light on the camera that told him it was recording. He took a slow, deep breath and then held it.

"Well if Roman was there then Logan has to be around here somewhere." Remy was saying as the couple came into the room.

"I know, but where?" Patton peered around the area. Logan narrowed his eyes and prayed his glasses didn't catch any light.

"Lets keep looking." They disappeared around a corner and Logan waited, counting the seconds. When he could no longer hear voices, he carefully crept out of the spot and dropped to the floor.

Leanne was leaning against the wall not far off. "He's been b*tching since they walked away from him."

Logan snickered and kept walking. He spotted his boyfriend, arms crossed, standing in the middle of a room they'd gone through previously.

"What happened to you not getting caught?" He teased as he walked up and tapped Roman on the forehead lightly.

"Oh f*ck off." Roman huffed, pulling his phone out and sending an unlocked padlock emoji to the group chat. "C'mon, they'll be coming back this way in a minute."