Chapter Fifty-Five ~ Logan

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing (minor)

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"I can't believe he had a boy over!"

Roman was feeling better, and he would not shut up about Virgil's friend.

"Roman, he's a 24-year-old man. It's not as if he's a complete recluse." Logan leaned back a little more on the couch. "Are you almost done?"

"Yeah, hold on. You did really well on this by the way."

"Thank you." Logan chuckled.

"And did you see, Emile? He was so cute! Not at all the kind of guy I'd imagine Virgil would go for."

"Oh my God, Roman. Just drop it. He's allowed to make his own choices."

Roman blew a loud raspberry. "Okay, you ready?"

"Yes, come on out and let me see."

Logan was particularly interested to see if his headdress idea worked out. 

Roman sauntered out into the living room, head held high. He grinned and held his hands up, framing the headdress with full flair.

"I. F*cking. Love. It!" He beamed at Logan, grabbing his hand. "It worked so well, you're a genius, Poppy!"

Logan had to smile as well. "Thank you, darling. It looks good on you."

Roman laughed, carefully running his fingertips over the pieces. "I feel like this is something you should wear..."

"I was Spaceboy." Logan shrugged. "It would fit. Why don't you take it off so we can make sure it doesn't get damaged before you film the video."

Roman nodded and carefully lifted the headpiece off of his brow. Logan quickly went over and grabbed the box they were keeping it in.

"Babe I want to cuddle." Roman told him as he came back from setting the box in the office for safekeeping. Logan raised his eyebrows.

"Roman, I need to work."

"You can't spare twenty minutes?" Roman pouted, pulling his knees up to his chest as he sat on the couch.

"I could..." Logan said slowly. His boyfriend sat up in excitement. "But twenty minutes with you turns into two hours, and I really need to get started on my list."

Roman whined and flopped sideways. "It's true but you don't have to say it."

Logan went over to the couch and leaned down, kissing Roman's forehead. The beauty vlogger tried to grab him and pull him down onto the couch, but he sidestepped with a smirk.

"Logaaaaaaan." Roman whined loudly. "C'moooooon."

"Roman, I have to work. I'm going to have to do a lot of research for this one, so I need to buckle down and work."

Logan grabbed his half-empty mug of coffee and began to walk down the hallway. He faintly heard his boyfriend sigh heavily, and his mind conjured an image of Roman with his arm thrown over his face dramatically.

Logan shook his head and pushed his door open, walking over to his desk to grab his notebook. 

He heard Roman call his name loudly again, less whiny than before but still complaining. Logan had an idea suddenly and went over to his closet.

He wasn't sure if he still had what he needed, but when he checked he found the little fold-out TV tray desk.

"Perfect." Logan set his coffee aside and carefully pulled it out.

He carried the desk out to the living room and set it down next to the armchair, then set about moving the coffee table away from the couch so he could set up. Roman didn't look up, still sprawled dramatically.

Logan went back and retrieved his computer, notebook, and coffee.

"Roman." He set his coffee down on the table. "I have a potential concession."

"I want to cuddle." Roman said petulantly.

"I'm aware. Look at me."

Slowly his boyfriend peeked out.

"I'll sit at the end of the couch and work on my computer. You can lean against me, whatever way you want. That way I can get done what I need to while still providing you with physical comfort."

Roman sat up, making a face like he was thinking. Logan raised an eyebrow and waited.

"Okay yeah that works."

Logan chuckled and moved his portable desk over to the side of the couch. He sat down and got his little mini-setup put together quickly.

Roman cuddled up against his side as Logan began to research his topic for his next video.

He didn't notice at first, so wrapped up in his work, but eventually Roman was sprawled across the couch again. His head rested on Logan's thigh, and Logan found himself absentmindedly carding his fingertips through his boyfriend's hair as he read through various articles.

A few minutes later he glanced down and found Roman to be out cold. Logan smiled and turned his attention back to the computer, gently brushing Roman's curls back.

The apartment was blissfully quiet for nearly an hour.

"Hi guys I'm home!" Patton called loudly as he walked through the doors. Logan shushed him quickly and glanced down at Roman.

Instantly Patton dropped to a whisper. "Is he still sick?"

Logan shook his head. "He's just tired, I think. He didn't have a fever, he's seemed much better today... he wanted to cuddle but I had to work, so this was the compromise we got to."

"That's so effin' cute-" Patton beamed, covering his mouth. "You guys are so cute, it's so amazing."

Logan grunted and glanced at his screen. He had an active article-search going, and it had pulled up something interesting.

"I'll let you get back to work, Virgil should be home soon." Patton adjusted his grip on his bag and darted down the hallway to his room.

Logan opened the article, scanning it and taking notes with his free hand.

It was an essay published by a college student about current LGBT figures that were erased from the public eye by modern media. Logan wasn't sure what he wanted to do for his video yet, but this was well written and he already had an idea or two for how he could frame it.

Roman mumbled something incoherent (though Logan thought he heard something about mashed potatoes), nuzzling against Logan's thigh a little more. Logan shook his head affectionately and took a sip of his coffee before returning to his work.

{so I watched the Intrusive Thoughts video the minute it came out... Remus freaks me out

I have no clue if I'm gonna put him in stories from here on out but we'll see}