Chapter Seventy-Seven ~ Virgil

I meant to post this yesterday. Oops.

{Possible trigger warnings: ambush, knife (IT'S NOT ANGST I SWEAR), swearing

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

The living room was dark, aside from the light of the TV. Virgil gripped the small handle of the knife he was holding and pressed against the wall as he slipped into the kitchen, keeping below the window opening in the wall.

He could hear Logan snoring softly. He wasn't sure if Roman was asleep as well, but he hadn't gotten his attention yet so he should be okay.

It was Roman's head he could see above the sofa as he came back around the other side of the kitchen and began to move across the room in a crouch.

His roommate shifted and Virgil froze, hiding the knife in his hoodie pocket. Roman ran a hand through his hair and settled a little lower on the couch.

Virgil pulled the mask down over his head and crept closer, keeping his full attention on Roman to make sure he wasn't moving now that he could hardly hear anything. He slowly drew the knife again.

Three. Two. One.

He leapt up and wrapped his arm around Roman's neck, bringing the rubber knife to his chest with a cackle of crazy clown laughter.

"OH JESUS F*CKING ¡POLLAS EN VINAGRE! ¡PUTA MADRE!"

Virgil fell backwards, collapsing on the floor and completely losing his sh*t. He weakly shoved the mask off so Roman wouldn't completely curb-stomp him while he was laughing.

"What the f*ck was that?!" Roman demanded, vaulting over the couch and standing over Virgil. "Nearly gave me a godd*mn heart attack!"

"Happy-" He gasped with laughter, throwing an arm over his face. "Happy Halloween!"

"IT'S THREE IN THE F*CKING MORNING VIRGIL!"

"Shhhh." Logan peeked over the back of the couch, his hair sticking all directions. "You'll wake up the whole apartment complex."

"Well if I do they'll have this stupid motherf*cker to thank." Roman snapped, smacking a throw pillow down on Virgil's head. "I hate you so much, that f*cking hurt!"

Virgil rolled onto his side, still giggling, and curled up into a ball. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god- I'm gonna f*cking pee-"

Roman hit him with the pillow again and Virgil hooked his arms over his head, protecting himself.

"I'm actually going to kill you, you're the biggest pain in the a**-"

"You guys!"

Roman stopped and Virgil peeked over his shoulder, wiping tears of laughter off his face. Patton was standing in the hallway, looking exhausted and a little bit annoyed.

"Shhh!" He reprimanded. "It's really late! Actually, it's really early. What are you guys doing up?"

"Virgil decided it would be a good idea to assault me while I was asleep and scared the absolute sh*t out of me." Roman complained, taking another swing with the pillow. Virgil yelped and tucked his head once more.

Patton yawned and adjusted his glasses. "Well can you guys settle it after the sun's up? I'm trying to sleep and you're very loud."

Roman made an irritated, noncommittal noise. Virgil scooted a few feet away from him on the ground and grabbed his things, scrambling to his feet.

"Absolutely we can do that, Pat. Sleep well." He vaulted the couch and made his retreat.

"You're dead at dawn." Roman called after him.

~~~11 AM, Halloween~~~

Virgil inched the door to his bedroom open, peeking into the hallway.

He'd heard Roman yelling that he was heading out earlier, then a door slamming, but Virgil wasn't stupid enough to fall for that.

He backed up and pulled the door closed quietly, getting his phone out and scrolling through his contacts.

"You out in the kitchen, Roman?" He whispered, cracking the door open once more as he hit dial. Roman usually had his phone on vibrate, so he'd have to be very quiet to catch him.

As he hit the call button, he heard a faint buzzing noise. 

"THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT MOTHERF*CKER." Virgil yanked the bedroom door closed again. He heard Roman cursing in the kitchen.

Locking the bedroom door, he walked over to his bed and flopped down on his back, calling Patton.

"What's up, kiddo?"

"Can you bring me lunch?" 

Patton laughed. "Are you still in your room?"

"Hell yeah!" Virgil curled up. "Roman's seriously pissed off, he just tried the Lilo and Stitch laundry room trick."

"Did he really?"

"Yeah! I heard the front door close and everything."

"Wow." Patton hummed for a moment. "Yeah, I'll bring you lunch. What do you want?"

"Do you have time to swing by the Chinese buffet? I'll pay you back."

There was a pause, he assumed it was Patton checking the time. "Yeah, I'll get you some food. Usual?"

"You're the best, Pat. Thanks."

"Try to convince Roman to maybe not kill you so I don't have to hand you your food through the window, okay?" 

"Nooooo promises." Virgil sighed. "Bye."

"Bye!"

He sat up, looking around his room. What could he bribe Roman with... oh. Oh!

Virgil got up and went to the door, easing it unlocked and open slightly. He peeked into the hallway again. 

"Yo Princey!"

After a moment, Roman appeared in the doorway to the kitchen. "You're dead meat, Hailstorm. Get out here and face it like a man."

"I'd rather not." Virgil braced himself against the door, just in case Roman decided to try something. "I do have a peace offering though."

Roman glared at him suspiciously.

"Patton's bringing me food and I'd like to eat in the kitchen if possible."

"What's your peace offering?"

"How into SFX makeup are you?"

He saw the flash of interest in his roommates eyes. This might just work.

"What are you offering?"

Virgil shrugged even though Roman couldn't see. "I think I proved to be a good enough model last time. F*ck me up."

"You're being serious?" Roman raised his eyebrows.

"Hell yeah. Halloween is my favorite time, dude."

Roman paused and Virgil adjusted his grip on the door handle. C'mon, c'mon.

"Deal."

Virgil grinned and opened the door fully, stepping out into the hallway.

"But you're still not getting off that easily!" Roman snatched something off the counter right by the door. Virgil yelled and tried to back up before he got hit.

"Silly string? Oh come on, Roman, up your game a little more!"

{Halloween is my favorite holiday}