Chapter Forty-Eight ~ Roman

{Possible trigger warnings: none that I see but as always:

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"Hello to you all, my Ladies, Lords, and Non-Binary Royalty, this is going to be frantic because someone decided he wasn't going to give me enough time to properly prepare-" Roman barely checked his viewfinder as he started his camera up. He frantically dug through his makeup, looking for what he'd need.

"You're all about to witness my quickest makeup job because I am going out tonight and we were supposed to leave-" He checked his watch. "Now. But of course he waits until the last minute to ask me along- Patton, you're an angel for helping me out."

Patton was visible in the background, racing around the room to find clothes for Roman. "Ro, which of these is your best suit? I mean, I like the blue one but he's wearing blue-"

"The maroon one. Let me know what you put with it." Roman grabbed his moisturizer and primer.

"I'm thinking black shirt and silver tie-"

"There's a silver striped bowtie, if you can find that."

Roman began to work on his eyebrows, careful even though he was rushing. "So I'm thinking an eye look that will match his suit, I've got a good dark palette that will let me do that."

"Don't be super dramatic with it, Roman. You want to be able to make a good first impression without stunning her. If she doesn't know about you two she might be surprised by the relationship itself." Patton advised, running past in the viewfinder again.

Roman grunted to show he heard, then turned his attention to his camera. "Sorry I'm not providing my usual commentary, I might voice this over later when I get the chance. Or I might just leave it, it'll be really short so I'll turn it into a kind of partial vlog."

He grabbed his concealer for his eyebrows and eyelids, already thinking about his colors. "I'm going to be using my own Ofra-brand eyeshadow palette, the Winter Sunset matte palette. Y'all know the drill, use code Princey on the site for ten percent to my charity of the month. Info is on my site."

Patton was laying out Roman's clothes on the bed. "Roman, where are your dress shoes?"

"Under the bed in a storage bin." Roman grabbed his Winter Sunset palette. "We'll start with Dusted Evening, this dark blue shade here."

He flew through his eyes, which resulted in more fallout than usual but a wonderful dark blue smokey eye nonetheless. Roman admitted to himself that he had made it smaller than usual, not nearly as dramatic. 

"Now that the eyeshadow is done we move onto all the full face stuff- Patton would you be able to do something with my hair?"

"Do you have curlers?" Patton asked. Roman shook his head, putting on foundation. "Okay, I'll be right back."

Patton returned with a round brush and some sort of hairspray. Roman didn't give him more than a glance.

"Alright if you can sit down I can do your hair at the same time."

As Patton tamed his curls and Roman started on his contour, he heard Virgil say something about him being dramatic.

"How dare you!" He yelled.

"Sit still." Patton bopped him lightly on the head with the brush. He went back to work. "We're almost done, you'll have a great video."

"I might vlog some of the way there, I'll have to see what we figure out." Roman mumbled, grabbing a nude lip color that would match his skin tone. It was a lot gentler than what he would usually wear, but he figured he needed a sort of middle ground.

"Okay turn off the camera and get dressed." Patton laughed.

Roman stopped the recording and darted over to the bed, tugging his shirt over his head with as much care as he could manage. He slipped into the black button down Patton had laid out, making sure his hair stayed the way it should.

Patton crouched to pull the box of dress shoes out while Roman changed into the rest of the suit. He tossed a pair at Roman's feet and hopped up.

"Will you go get Logan?" Roman asked as he grabbed a pair of black socks.  Patton nodded and darted out of the room.

Roman slipped the shoes on and tied them, then checked himself over in the mirror on his closet door. He smirked and grabbed his phone.

He and Logan hadn't announced anything about their relationship, but that wasn't going to stop him from teasing his fans. They could discuss it in the car or something.

Roman took a mirror selfie, making sure to show off how well his contour had turned out. 

'A night out with the bae means a full face to ruin once we get home 💋💋💋'

Patton called from the hallway, letting him know Logan was outside. Roman grinned.

Once he'd announced himself (with minimal whining about Logan ruining his fun), Roman followed his boyfriend into the kitchen. Patton followed them too, grabbing Roman's arm and whispering, "did you see how he looked at you? That's so cute!"

Logan grabbed the flower arrangement, thanking Patton again, then took Roman's hand. "Ready to go?"

Roman grinned. "Absolutely. You told your mom it was traffic, right?"

Logan offered him a sly smirk and began to walk towards the front door. Roman gasped in indignation as he followed.

"Logan Fransisque! You did not put this on me-"

"She wouldn't care either way, Roman. But no, I did not."

Roman pulled the front door shut behind them since Logan's hands were full. They had to walk past the door to Thomas's apartment on their way to the elevator.

He was just letting himself in, waving at the two. "Tell Aunt Loretta I said hi, Logan."

Logan nodded.

"Loretta. That's a pretty name." Roman smiled as they stepped into the elevator. Logan chuckled and leaned against the wall.

"Do you think she'll like me?"

His boyfriend paused, looking him up and down. Roman forced himself not to fiddle with his suit. 

"She'll love you, Roman. How can she not? You're the perfect guy." Logan smiled. "Both in my own opinion and objectively."

Roman flushed. "You're not allowed to be smooth around me, Logan, that's not fair-"

"Ah, but it's so much fun to see you flustered."

{why is the Microsoft version of the kiss mark emoji the ugliest thing I've ever seen? I don't appreciate this}