.1.

(PENELOPE'S POV)

Billie and I used to be best friends. We went to each others houses, hung out all the time and we didn't need anyone but us two. Billie has silvery white hair and icy blue eyes. She was and still is the most intimidating girl in our school. No one knows what to do around her not even me, but I used to. 

Then one day it all changed. I was sitting outside at school, during lunch listening to my playlist when Billie ran up to me yelling.

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?" she yelled and everyone looked at us.  

"what? what did I do?"                                                                                                                                       

"YOU FUCKING LIED ABOUT ME. YOU BITCH DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN" she yelled and stomped off. I was confused, on the verge of tears and everyone was looking at me.                             

-

That was two years ago and I still don't know what I did. It's junior year, I'm in honors algebra 2 and Billie is staring at me with her icy blue eyes.                 

"Pen," my best friend Hannah whisper-yelled at me. I looked over at her and she's pointing to Billie and then she turns around 'I know' I mouthed back at her and turned my attention to Mr Clause, our teacher. 

"Right now is quiet work time if you need help ask a friend" Mr Clause told us.

I was not focusing on my math at all, instead I was reminiscing. I wish I could talk to Billie right now. She always has the best advice not that I could ask her what I wanted to. If I even tried to talk to her she would probably just yell at me and turn away.

"Penelope. Billie was looking right at you," Hannah was the one who came and found me after Billie yelled at me and pushed me out of her life. 

"I noticed."

"do you think she want's to talk to you?"

"probably not and i wouldn't talk to her even if I wanted to she's a wild card H, and I  don't need that right now"

"ok fine I'll drop it" she said and turned to do her work.

(BILLIE'S POV)   

        My morning started horribly. I barely got any sleep last night and I didn't get to eat breakfast and my mom made me do her stupid positive devotion thing this morning and now I'm sitting in math and thinking about Penelope.
        I still regret it everyday. The day I yelled at Penelope because some people told me that she had- it doesn't matter it was a rumor and now my best friend isn't my best friend anymore. I can't stop staring at her. I don't know if she remembers hell I can't believe I remembered. I'm not the sentimental type but this day is different. I notice Hannah point at me and I turn around. I pull out my phone. I should text her right or maybe she's over me. I put my phone away.                        

After I ended our friendship I fell apart I was lost. I didn't know what to do so I started writing music and started a YouTube channel to perform the songs I write and do covers. Right now I have 2 million followers. I'm really happy about it and it's one of the only thing that keeps me going. Fuck, I can't focus on this math. 

"Penelope" I whisper before I knew it was even coming out of my mouth. She looked up at me confused but still looking. Progress right? 

"what do you want," she snapped. Well I guess I was wrong. 

"oh um sorry I just needed some help with number 12"

"you have so many other people around you that can ask "

"ok I'm sorry I'll ask someone else"  Well shit. guess I'm gonna have to try harder than I thought.

I start attempting at doing my work when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Penelope laughing at me. I smile back.

"who knew you smiled," she said and looked at my paper "you're not even on number 12" she laughed and I felt myself getting embarrassed . Wait what the hell why am I blushing. 

"yeah um sorry about that," I shrugged.       

"it's fine let me just explain this to you" she said. And the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about how good it felt to talk to her again.