.12.

Penelope's POV

Today is Tuesday. I don't want to go to school. I don't want to see Billie. I grab my phone and checked my notifications. Billie posted a video last night. So she didn't even care that I was mad for more than 2 seconds. That's fucked up. I'm fucked up. I click on the notification. Oh My God. The song is called Penelope. I listen some more and I realize the song is about me. I want so bad to talk to her but I can't just forgive her for telling Hannah to be friends with me. In all honestly I wasn't really mad at her. i'm mad that not even my friendships are real. And she had a part to play in that. It's mostly Hannah's fault. She never even bothered to tell me until there was something in it for her.

I get up out of bed and go to my closet picking out a sweater and some leggings and putting them on. I grabbed my white air force ones and put them on. I walked downstairs and saw my mom making breakfast. She never does that.

"Hey Penelope want some pancakes,"

"Uh sure mom. What's with the good mood?"

"I met someone," I turn to look at her.

"You what?!"

"I met someone at the bar yesterday," Oh at the bar. That's not gonna last long. Sometimes I feel sorry for my mother. Her husband died and she became a drunk. All she had was me and him. But then I remember that after he died

"Ok mom," I ate my pancakes quickly so that I could go then I remember my car. "Uh mom did you get my car?"

"Yea honey it's outside,"

"Thanks mom," I grab my backpack, keys and my purse and head out the door. I jump in my car and play the song Billie wrote about me. I know what I'm gonna do now. I'll just give Billie a hard time. She's gonna have to earn my trust and my love. Well not so much my love. I'll love her regardless of what she does to me. She can break my heart a million times I'll still love her. But that's the thing she can't break my heart again because I won't let her. No love shit. We're just friends. Until I know she won't go behind my back.

I put "Penelope" on repeat and I start the car and drive to Billie's house. She's just about to get in her car when I get there. She looks at me and smiles and walks up to my car. I roll the window down and turn the volume down

"Wanna ride?" I ask smiling back at her.

"Always," She hops in the car and slams the door closed.

"Geez Billie calm down the door didn't do anything to you," She looks at me seeming confused. I guess she wants to know if we're cool. "What's wrong,"

"I just- I'm sorry for everything,"

"You're forgiven," I look at her and she looks at me back. She leans in and right as our lips are about to touch I pull away and back out of the driveway. She looks at me shocked and turns in her seat facing forward, pouting. "What's wrong with you?" I ask acting clueless.

"You're such a tease Penelope you know I like you right?" I feign shock.

"Really? I actually never picked up on that," She laughs and we sit in silence. She notices there's music on and she looks at my phone.

"What's this shit playing it's been on repeat the whole time I've been in here." She laughs and turns it up. Then her smile drops "Oh it's my song," she pauses. "You know it's about you right,"

"Well yeah that's pretty obvious my name is the title," I pointed out and she laughed.

"Yeah good point," I pull into my parking spot and park the car. "Thanks for the ride Penelope,"

"No problem," I say and hop out the car. "I'll see you during math Billie," I wave goodbye and head into the school.

----

Billie's POV

Well that was a surprise. I definitely didn't expect Pen to pick me up today, not that I minded. The bell rang for the start of math. I sat down in my seat and turned behind me I saw Penelope smiling at me. I waved and she waved back. Then she looked at Hannah and smiled and whispered something to her. Hannah looked at me and smirked at me.

Wait why is Penelope talking to her? Then I remembered I forgot to tell her Hannah is blackmailing me. If Penelope tells Hannah what I told her I'm fucked. Stop panicking Billie if that happened she wouldn't be talking right now. Maybe Penelope feels sorry for Hannah. I know that doesn't make sense, none of this does, but I have to believe it. I pull out my phone to text Pen and ask.

me:
u cool w/ hannah now

pineapple:
not really

me:
I didn't tell you something earlier

pineapple:
what's wrong bil

me:
hannah said if I tell you what i told you she would tell you I'm the one who told everyone you were gay

pineapple:
oh that's fucked up

I turn around to look at Penelope and she isn't on her phone. I looked around scared for a second. Then I see Hannah looking at me smirking. She holds up Pen's phone and I gasp. Penelope looks at me and then Hannah and takes her phone. She looks through her messages and gets up and slaps Hannah in the face. I knew it. She lied to Penelope.

"You're a bitch Hannah don't ever talk to me again," Penelope yells and runs out the room. Everyone is looking at Hannah. I laugh and smirked at her face. She looked like she was about to cry. As she should. Miserable bitch.

"That's exactly what you get Hannah, me Mr Clause I've gotta go get Penelope," I say and run out the room after her.