.7.

Hannah's POV

Penelope told me that she's sick last night. I know she's lying. She hates coming to the mall with me. I'm going to her house though just in case she's actually sick. I'm actually going to surprise her. I get in my car turn and turn on some Melanie Martinez. I stop at Panera to get her some soup. Pacify Her is on. The light turned red and now I'm stuck waiting. Fuck I hate that as soon as Billie showed any interest in her she just went running back like nothing ever happened. Then she complains when Billie does something bad, like she hasn't set herself up"

pacify her. she's getting on my nerves

Melanie really understands exactly what I'm feeling in the moment I'm feeling it. Why can't Billie just leave and stay gone. I smile when the light turns green and step on the gas a little too hard to get to Penelope's house. When I get to Pen's house her mom is outside painting on the door. She always was a bit... weird. "Hey Ms. Charlotte,"

"Oh Hannah Grace what a lovely surprise," She always calls me by my first and middle name for one.

"Yeah I bought some soup for Pen. Is she inside?" She looks at me, confused.

"Um Penelope isn't sick she's at Billie's house," My jaw dropped. What the actual fuck.

"You're not serious right?"

"Yeah that's how I felt when she asked me to sleep there last night," WHAT THE FUCK. She knew we had plans today. She lied to me and told me she was sick. So she could fucking go to BILLIE'S house. I literally warned her about Billie. I would be more hurt if I wasn't so angry. That bitch is gonna get it.

"Here Ms Charlotte you can have the soup," I get in the car and speed off.

Penelope's POV

I woke up in Billie's arms. Which is basically the equivalent of Heaven. I turn around slowly so I wouldn't wake her and just admire how beautiful she is. The clock reads 12:36 pm. She yawns and her eyes flutter open. She smiles at me.

"Good morning beautiful,".

"Good afternoon, you mean," Her eyes widen as she looks at the clock.

"Wait really oh my gosh,"

"Um Bil you okay?"

"Yeah it's just I haven't gotten that much sleep in years," I sit up looking down at her.

"Billie are you kidding me years?! What's wrong?" She grabs me, pulling me back down and I laugh.

"I was thinking about you," she whispers. I sit back up. I've been causing her as much pain as she caused me. That doesn't make me feel much better about anything.

"Billie if you don't stop fucking with my emotions, I'm going home," I laugh and kiss her on the forehead. My phone dings. I grab it and check my notifications. "Oh shit. FUCK," I jumped of the bed staring at my phone.

"Pen what is it?". That bitch. She really just-

"It's Hannah, she went to my house and my mom told her I was here,"

"Ok what's wrong with that," She looks confused as fuck, But I'm pissed off as fuck.

"She..." I'm on the verge of tears. How could she. I can't tell Billie what she did. I have to lie to Billie. "she told my mom something that wasn't true,"

"Ok Penelope all you have to do is tell her it's not true,"

"But she's supposed to be my friend, my best friend and she just lied to my mom" Is it really a lie? No.

"How about we go somewhere today?" I'm glad she changed the topic. I'm not sure how much longer I could lie to her. Well I wasn't lying just not telling the whole truth.

"Yeah I guess,"

"And besides when you see Hannah all you have to do is shut her up. I can do it for you if you want,"

Billie's POV

As long as Hannah doesn't tell Penelope that I told her to be friends with her in the first place I'm cool. I don't understand why Hannah is mad. I told her to keep me away from Penelope but if we start talking she can back off. Well if we're gonna play this game fine. An eye for an eye is a good enough bet for me. I have almost nothing to lose anyways.