.17.

Penelope's POV

-2 days later-

Corey Marlowe and I have been hanging out a lot lately. Finals went great I maintained all my grades so I'm happy. And it's fucking summer break. I haven't really talked to Billie. I honestly don't know what's happening between us we started dating again  like 2 weeks ago. It was comfortable. We were just in agreement with everything so far. I was planning to hang out with her but she said she was busy cleaning the house all day. I don't know why she hates cleaning. Finneas will probably do all the work anyway.

My mom is downstairs in the kitchen. She's been at home a lot these past few days. The things with the dude she met somewhere didn't work out. I go downstairs to see her in the kitchen drinking WATER. That's different, but she's been like this for a few days trying to stay sober. I occasionally hear a few plates crash and then crying but at least she's trying on her own. Quitting cold turkey is pretty difficult so I'm proud of her.

"Hey Penny,"

"Hey Mom," I pause looking at her and then I get a great idea "Mom you wanna do something today, together," She looks at me her eyes widen and a smile grows on her face.

"Of course baby I'd love to," I smile and pull out my phone. "Where do you wanna go,?"

"We should do an escape room,"

"We need at least 3 people,"

"I can ask Aunt Kate and Parker," Aunt Kate is my dad's twin sister. And Parker is her son. I haven't seen them in years. Parker and I used to be so close when we were little, Billie too we were all friends. Then my dad died and Aunt Kate separated themselves from us because mom became an alcoholic. My mom goes to call Aunt Kate while I go get ready.

Twenty minutes later we're all sitting in the car. Parker and I are in the back while my mom and Aunt Kate are in the front. Parker and I look so much alike for cousins. We both have the same green eyes and dark brown hair and the same nose. We could pass for twins. Which was great when we were younger.

"So It's been awhile right?"

"Yeah it has I kinda missed you bitch," I laughed and he laughed.

"Looks like you haven't changed at all,"

"What do you mean I have I wasn't like this when I was 10," I exclaimed.

"Yes the frick you were," Parker was a good kid he never cussed.

"Yeah ok,"

The car ride felt almost nostalgic. All of us together, my mom actually trying? I felt safe.

"Guys we're here," Aunt Kate said. She parked the car and I got out. We all walked inside and I could see my mom shaking.

"Mom are you ok?"

"Yeah just the alcohol getting out of my system," She laughed even though nothing was funny. I walked away and to the counter. Picking out the escape room and waiting for our turn. The dude at the counter said we would be paired up with another group because they only have 2 people. While we wait I decide to tell my mom somethings that she's missed.

"Ok and mom we have to talk about something too," Time to come out of the closet officially since Hannah did it for me the first time.

"Cool tell me then,"

"So you remember Billie right,"

"Yeah of course you guys used to be best friends when you younger. How could I forget,"

"Well um she's um she's my girlfriend,"

"She's your girlfriend,?"

"Yes," My mom looks at the ground "Mom are you good,"

"I'm fine it's just," She pauses looking into my eyes. She opens her mouth and closes it over and over and over. Oh God she's homophobic isn't she. Crap maybe I should've saved it for later. I just ruined everything. "I have a girlfriend too," That's not what I expected.

"WAIT WHAT,". My jaw dropped open and my mom smiled sheepishly.

"yes I'm bisexual you're dad knew it too,".

"That's fucking amazing,". I turn around to talk to Parker but then I see a familiar blue eyed girl walk in and my heart drops. "Billie?". She looks at me and her smile widens. She's with some other girl I don't know who's unbelievably beautiful.

"Hey Pineapple," She waves and walks up to me. The other girl is just looking at me, she looks shy as fuck.

"Billie you told me you were cleaning all day today,"

"I decided to take a break,"

"Why didn't you call me? I wanted to hang out today,". Parker had walked over to us.

"Well one I have other friends also and two you have Peter here,"

"Parker. His name is Parker. You know that Billie,"

"I'm sorry Penelope, I haven't seen him in forever," Billie came over to me grabbed my face and kissed me. In a snap all the anger was gone. God damn I'm whipped. "Babe this is Miah she's my friend,". Miah walked over to us slowly. She looked so nervous.

"Hey I'm Penelope,"

"I know, Billie won't stop talking about you,". I looked at Billie.

"Oh when did you guys meet?," I looked at Parker and her raised his eyebrows at me.

"Beginning of the year. She was new and I walked into the choir room and there she was." Billie laughed at this. Now I raised my eyebrows. I felt sick.

"GUYS it's time for the escape room," My mom called out to us.

"Welp nice seeing you Bil and nice meeting you Miah but we have to go,"

"Actually love we're the group of two that's pairing with you and guess what else now I can film because my beautiful girlfriend is with me," I actually let out a real fucking smile. We walked to the room and Parker walked with me.

"Hey Pen you good you seemed kinda stressed,"

"Yeah I'm good. Bil just told me she wasn't free today,"

"I get it," He paused. "So you like girls,".

"Yeah Bil in particular," I winked.

"You're disgusting,"

"I just wished she wouldn't have lied to me though," She was mad about Marlowe and now she's hanging out with someone else.

"You guys are gonna be just fine," He grabs my hand and squeezes it as we walking into the escape room. I really hope so because right now it doesn't feel comfortable anymore.