.9.

Billie's POV

I wake up at 11:36 am. Shit. I hope Hannah won't tell her what I did. I'll just go to her house. Hannah and I used to be friends. We were close not as close as Pen and I, but close. But then I told her to be friends with Penelope.

Flashback

"Hey Hannah,"

"Yea,"

"I need you to be friends with Penelope for me,"

"Um okay why,"

"She did something and as much as I hate her right now I can't leave her alone," Penelope is too sensitive to be alone. She hates it. 

"What did she do,"

"That doesn't matter," I turned away "Oh and Hannah forget about me too," And I walk away to go yell at Penelope.

Present Day

me: 
bitch don't u dare say shit to Penelope

bitch #1:
oh why not little Billie still scared she'll drop you like you did to her

This bitch really shouldn't be playing with me. I may not be as horrible of a person as I was but I was still pretty bad.

me:
first of all I said that once i tried to be friends with her you can back tf off

bitch #1: 
maybe we should talk abt this in person. we used to be friends too remember.

me:
fine starbucks in 10 

bitch #1:
ok

If this girl tries to pull anything she's dead. I arrive at Starbucks 15 minutes late. I find Hannah and sit down across from her. "What do you want?"

"To talk," She sighs. "look Billie I really don't like you-"

"The feeling is mutual," she rolls her eyes at me.

"But Penelope is my friend and I want the best for her,"

"Well I'm never letting her go again,"

"Actually you will cause I've done the exact same thing that you accused her of when I heard that she was with you," My jaw dropped. She told everyone she was gay. No wonder Pen was so mad yesterday morning. "Of course I know she's not gay, but if you say shit I'll just blame it on you," She smiles at me.

"Don't fucking smile at me. You didn't ask me if you could smile at me, the fuck"

"Well maybe you should smile back. It might make this sting less than it does,"

"You didn't ask me if I wanted to smile at you. So fuck you,"

"I was just trying to have a friendly conversation," 

"You know what bitch don't talk to me. I'm not trying to talk to you,"

"I'm trying not to hate you billie but y-"

"Hey I love hate so don't forget to leave the hate," And I walk out. I know I probably just messed up but I don't care. Hannah told Penelope's mom and a bunch of other people that Pen was gay. And now she's gonna blame it on me. I can't even be mad I accused her for doing the same thing. I can't hang out with Penelope. I'll tell her about Hannah and then tell on myself in the process. I'll risk everything that happened in the past two days. I can't do that.

Penelope's POV

I'm so bored right now. I don't want to talk to Hannah. I can't talk to her right now. She doesn't even know what she did. She probably thinks it won't affect me because she doesn't even know I'm actually gay. I can't hang out with Billie either that'll just make Hannah even more mad at me. Wait, why should I care if she's mad at me? I'll just see if Bil wants to hang out anyways. It's not like I have anything to lose now. 

me:
hey bil. do you wanna hang?

bil:
um sorry i can't

me:
ok

That was weird she seemed so eager to be with me yesterday. I'll just go talk to my mom. My family is kinda fucked up. My dad left when I was three, came back when I was five then died when I was in seventh grade and my mom became an alcoholic, not that anyone knows though. She just seems like your normal eccentric mom to anyone else but me. One day I was coming home from Hannah's house and she was drunk, really drunk she grabbed a pan and almost hit me on the head which would've sent me spiraling to the floor. I've haven't forgotten about it and I flinch every time she tries to touch me. Worst feeling ever.  

I walk downstairs calling out to her. She doesn't answer. Heading into the kitchen, I see a note on the refrigerator "getting some milk - mom". Milk is her code name for alcoholic drinks or going out to drink. Shit I can't be here when she gets back and I have school tomorrow. There's nowhere to go and I can't go to Hannah's. Thinking of her makes me want to cry. I can't go to Billie's. Well technically I could but that would make everything worse for me. Showing up with Billie the day after Hannah told basically everyone that I was gay. That would be a nightmare not even just for me but for her too. You know what fuck it. I'm gay anyway. So I text Billie.

Billie's POV

I wasn't planning on letting Penelope stay at my house, she just seemed like she needed somewhere to go. We're sitting on my couch watching a movie. I don't really know what to say to her. Do I ask her why she wanted to come over? She's been with me all weekend, not that I'm complaining. But this is not a good idea at all. This would probably set Hannah over the edge which would mean that my secret got out. 

"Hey Pineapple?" She looks up at me smiling. 

"Yeah?" 

"Why'd you wanna come here tonight?" Her smile drops and she looks at the screen.

"Oh nothing I-"

"I know it's not nothing Pen," She doesn't answer me just stares at the screen. I sigh. We sit in silence for awhile. 

"Hey Billie remember when my dad died?"

"yeah?" Why is she bringing this up now?

"And after that I came to school super shaken up and I couldn't focus or do anything?" I looked at her, piecing it all together. I shook my head. 

"Penelope?"

"My mom got really drunk that night," She says not looking at me. "She came home, yelled at me and she," She stops starting to cry. I pulled her into me

"Hey Pineapple don't cry, you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to," She just nods. "You wanna go to bed now?" I say looking at the time it's 10:47. 

"I guess. It's just that if she really believes what Hannah told her I have no idea if she'd try it again or anything," she whispers. I get off the couch and reach for her hand to pull her to my room she jumps on the bed, throwing the covers on top of her. "goodnight Billie,"

"sweet dreams Penelope," and I closed my eyes.