.6.

Penelope's POV

"What?! You're lying. That's not true," I said to Billie laughing.

"It abso-fucking-lutely is,". She said, with the most serious face I've ever seen. I just laughed even harder "what's so wrong about that,"

"What's wrong is that the last thing you looked up on your phone is 'How to get rid of your period'," I started laughing again, Billie did too.

"I guess it is funny when you put it like that but I was desperate for an answer. Alright your turn," We had been going on for hours. It's like these past two years we had thought of millions of questions we had wanted to ask each other but we couldn't. The questions ranged from weird shit to really serious like 'What would you do?' questions. "Ok this is kind of a would you rather question but... If you had to choose between going naked or having your thoughts appear in thought bubbles above your head for me to read, which would you choose?"

Oh shit. "Um be naked I guess," She looked surprised

"Really?" I nodded "Oh ok," She paused thinking "Do it then,"

"Excuse me," She can't be serious.

"You heard me," She smirked. She leaned forward to kiss me but I pushed her back.

"Billie no we can't do that anymore," She pouted and sighed

"Why," I paused, not knowing how to explain this to her.

"Cause I-you-we aren't... you and I can't happen,"

"Penelope, I," She sighed and got up. "I'll be right back gotta um talk to Fin really quickly,"

"Of course I'll be here when you get back," I smiled and grabbed my phone and she ran out the room. She called out to Fin and I followed her to his room and stood outside the door. Listening.

Billie's POV

My heart feels like it's breaking apart. I should've expected that right? Just because she's bi doesn't mean she likes me. Of course I would play right into that stereotype. She probably likes Hannah. Fuck, I literally fell right into that trap. "Fin," I said walking into his room.

"What's up Bil?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course what's on your mind,"

"Ok so first I'm just gonna tell you I'm bi,"

"And," He doesn't look surprised. He can literally read my mind of course he would know. "You like Penelope don't you,"

"Yeah. It totally came out of no where though. Like when I looked at her in school today I just felt something," He nods at me. "But she doesn't like me. She just said that we can't happen. Fin what do I do?"

"Does she know you like her?"

"Probably I mean it's so obvious and I um ya know kinda kissed her,"

"Yeah she knows Billie," I sighed loudly. "and judging on what I saw earlier and how she was blushing she likes you too Billie, and she's scared of what might happen. You did kind of abandon her," The worst part about him saying that is that he was right.

Penelope's POV

Shit he figured me out. I go back to Billie's room laying on the bed and wait for her to come back. Eavesdropping is not a good look on me.

Billie's POV

"You think?"

"Yes Billie and you know I'm always right." He smirks at me. "Now I'm pretty sure your girlfriend is waiting for you." He winks at me and pushes me out of his room. When I get back to me room Penelope is laying on the bed with her eyes closed. I really don't know how to address this... situation. I'll just tell her.

"Hey Pen?" She opens her eyes, looks at me and, smiles.

"Yeah?" And now I'm tongue tied. I sit on the bed looking into her green eyes. She has such beautiful eyes. She's so pretty it fucking hurts.

"I um I think that-" At that moment the door busts open and Fin comes in.

"She likes you," I glare at him. Penelope's lips curves into a smile.

"I know," She says and she kisses me. Right in front of Finneas.

"I knew it," He whispers and walks out closing the door. I feel her hands slide around my waist and I bring my hand up to the back of her neck. She deepens the kiss and leans back pulling me on top of her. She's running her hands through my hair and I moan quietly and pull back looking at her. I roll over so that I'm on my back next to her. She turns her head to look at me sighing quietly.

"I heard everything," She whispers. I cover my face with my hands and groan in embarrassment. "He's right though I am scared. Scared of what my mom would say. Scared of what Hannah would do. I don't want anything to change. But I know I want to be your girlfriend and your best friend and everything in between but," she laughs and I look at her.

"But what?"

"I don't know we just got back to being friends don't you think that's a bit," She pauses. "fast?"

"I'll do whatever it takes for you to be my girl," I smile. She closes her eyes smiling and I lay looking at her, thinking for a good 30 minutes. I look at the time.

1:07 am.

"Shit. Penelope are you awake?" She doesn't answer so I wrap my arms around her and go to sleep.