.30.

Thursday August 30

By Wednesday we were all back in the swing of things and tired of camp and ready to go home. We wrote songs today, yesterday and Monday. It was just a short poem honestly. Today we perform them in front of the class. I'm heading there with Alyssa right now. We're meeting Marley there. I'm kinda scared though. I haven't even started writing it. We walk into the choir room and sit down.

"Ok so you guys just need to finish your songs and then you can chill,". We all nod and get to work. Thank God our teacher changed the due date. I don't know what to write about. I wish I could call Billie she'd know exactly how to help, what to say and how to deal with my bullshit. Maybe I should write about Billie. Or depression. Or anxiety. Or mental illness. Or love- you know what I'm just gonna sit here until this class is over.

Billie's POV 1 hour later

Finneas and I just got signed to a label, and I'm writing songs for an EP. I'm so excited and I just filmed a video about it before I decided to write. Penelope can help me sing some of them too. I'm pretty sure she told me she was doing singing. I'll just call and ask. As I pick up my phone I see a notification of a dm from Kaylee pop up with a picture. What the hell. I click on the notification too see a video of Penelope kissing some girl. What. The. Fuck. Wait a minute I know that girl. I think it's someone Penelope sent me a picture of. I go to our messages and see a picture of her and her camp friends. Of fucking course. I dial Penelope's number.

Pen's POV

As I was on my phone searching for inspiration Billie called me.

"Hey baby,"

"PENELOPE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK,"

"um are you ok," why is she screaming at me.

"YOU FUCKING CHEATED ON ME WITH-"

"hold up bitch i did not cheat on you,"

"and now you're a lying ass trick," she laughed "we're done Penelope have fun fucking L-"

"I DIDN"T CHEA-" I heard the dial tone. She hung up on me. I burst out into tears. I laid in my bed sobbing like a fucking baby. The fact that I didn't have a clue what she was talking about and I couldn't explain, made this even worse.

-3 hours later-

I woke up and checked my phone. It was 1 am. shit. I thought about Billie. I'm fucking mad at her. I didn't even cheat on her. She's just assuming shit. I don't even know why she's mad. She didn't even let me say anything. I don't even know what I did. I'm left alone to tear myself apart. Wait.

tear myself apart.

i know exactly what my song is gonna be about.

---

Friday August 31.

By the time singing rolled along on the last day of camp my song was completely done. I let out all my feelings and to be honest I felt great.

Believing rumors? Billie.
Feeling great regardless? Me.
Hotel? Trivago.
Bitches? Not broken hearts. Well maybe except Billie's but that's her fault.

I walked into class confidently and sat down. I grabbed my phone and went to my album. I recorded the song last night and made the music in garage band and put them to together. Not gonna lie im so excited for Marley to hear it. She makes music and she's a musical genius.

"Alright everyone we're gonna start with Marley and Penelope you'll go next and then Torri,". Blah blah blah.

Marley walked up and sang remember me. Its one of her songs. I fell in love with it the first time she played it for me. After that I was up. I handed my teacher the ipad and my aux and she plugged it into the speaker.

"So it goes my summer rose is cut and thrown away,
Petals fall and you don't call for days and days and days,
You say, you say it's not my fault,
You say nothing at all,
Can you see my hands shake?
Heart is now an earthquake,
I'm left alone to
Tear myself apart
Tear myself apart,"

The song stopped playing. It was only a snippet. I opened my eyes, I didn't even realize they were closed. Looking around I saw that most people were about to cry or looking at me in awe.

"Um that's it"

"Penelope that was fucking amazing,"

"Thanks Marley,". Nobody wanted to go after me so we just sat and talked about our plans for the rest of summer and college.

-two hours later-

"damn Penny your song was fucking amazing,"

"thanks,". It's been like this for the past 2 hours. I don't know who recorded but it's all over Instagram right now. I've gotten so many notifications. I guess one of the more influential people at this camp posted it. I'm guessing Marley. I hope Billie saw it.

"BROOOOOO," I heard Lindsey yelling at me down the hall. Her acting class is longer than my singing class so haven't seen her "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU RIGHT THAT. did billie break up with you or sum shit?" She asked smiling. I frowned

"well actually,"

"Is she still coming to pick you up?". i hadn't thought of that.

"I'll text her and ask,"

me:
are you still coming to pick me up later

lil bil:
yeah

me:
ok thx

"yeah she's still coming,"

"good,"

"hey guys," alyssa walked up to us "you wanna do something it's the last day of our last year,"

"Hell yeah,"

"sure," Marley looked up from her phone grinning.

We walked back to our room set out the board games that were in there and put some snacks out. Game night it is.

-time skip-

By 9pm all of our things were packed up and we were crying outside while waiting for our rides. Marley's mom showed up first we all hugged her and said goodbye. Then Claire and Lindsey then it was just me standing by myself waiting for Billie. She pulled up and I put my stuff in the backseat and got in the front.

She started driving and we sat in an awkward silence.
"Pen can I just ask you one question,". I sighed.

"Sure,"

"Why'd you do it?"

"I still don't know what your talking about."

" I'm talking about you and Lindsey. Why'd you make out with her when you were with me?" I laughed.

"Bitch what are you talking about,". She huffed in anger and pulled out her phone.

"Go to the camera roll,". I opened the phone and went to the camera roll like she said and saw a picture of Lindsey and I kissing. I laughed again. "What's so funny?"

"Girl this was 3 years ago and it was part of some stupid game. Linds is straight." Billie face palmed her head and groaned.

"You serious?" She looked at me and I nodded. "I'm such a dumbass. I'm sorry Penelope. Will you get back together with me,". I stopped laughing. Huh?