.4.

PENELOPE'S POV

After detention I walked out to my car to drive home but it wouldn't start.

"Damn it," I tried to start it again. It wouldn't work and the only other car here was Billie's. I can't ask her for a ride when I told her we couldn't be friends. I got out of the car, lifted the hood and looked at all the car parts. "Now what the fuck am I supposed to do with this?" I'll just text Hannah to give me a ride home. I reached in my back pocket for my phone but it wasn't there. Then I remembered that Mr Clause had it.

As I was walking back into the school I ran into Billie. 

"Oh shit sorry," She looked up at me "Oh right Penelope I have your phone Mr Clause just gave it to me because he was about to leave," She handed me my phone, smiling. It's gonna be hard to resist her if she keeps smiling at me. 

"Yeah thanks, um actually can you give me a ride home my car won't start and you're the only other person here," Her smile gets even bigger than it was. It's like she's trying to get me to fall for her. Well shit I already have.

"Of course. But just remember we aren't friends or anything," My smile dropped. She was definitely trying to make me feel bad. I started walking to her car.

"You can't make me feel bad about anything when you're the one who ended the friendship in the first place," I heard her footsteps stop behind me so I turned around. She was pissed. Oops.

"Are you serious right now. I tried to apologize, make everything better. And you know what you said," I was at lost for words. "You don't even think we should try,"

"Not those exact wo-"

"SHUT UP and let me finish. I want to be friends with you. You just," she screams at the top of her lungs. I'm just standing there. What would I even say.

"Billie are you okay,"

"No I'm not ok and you aren't helping me feel ok,"

"How am I supposed to make you feel ok?" I asked. I'm confused as fuck right now.

"Look I'll give you your ride home and maybe we can work this out later,"

"That's fine with me I'm gonna text my mom real quick,"

me:

hey mom my car won't start getting a ride from Billie

mommy:

ok 

She was already in the car when I was done. I walked over and got in. She plugged in the aux and Teenage Fever by Drake started playing "Ha this reminds me of us"  I joked trying to lighten the mood but she didn't answer and instead skipped the song. We sat in an uncomfortable silence for a while.  

"I kinda wish you were gay,"  Until billie interrupted the silence.

"What?" Holy shit. 

"You know what I said. Are you?" I wanted to scream yes at the top of my lungs.  

"I-I don't know," She sighed. "I'm sorry Billie I don't feel comforta-"

"You are aren't you," Her voice was rising and her smile was growing.

"I can't just," She pulled over, grinning at me. 

"You are, ha ha ha you are," she looked like she was about to jump out of her seat.

"I guess so," That is NOT how I wanted to come out but sure. I'll take whatever I can get. "But don't say anything I'm not... no one knows yet,"

"Look at us we aren't even friends but we know each other's deepest darkest secrets," She isn't making me feel any better about this. So I decide to play a little joke.

"No I'm not you dumb ass," I laughed. Her smile dropped so quick and I laugh some more just for extra measure. "You fell for that so hard oh my God that's to funny," She turns off the car while we're just on the side of the road

"You're joking right," 

"No why would I be joking," I said as seriously as I could.

"Well maybe this would help," She leaned to my side of the car and kissed me. Crap I didn't expect that. I thought she would stop but she didn't instead she climbed over and straddled my lap. We made out for a while until I pulled away, breathing heavily and looked at her. I went to kiss her again but she pushed me back and rolled over to her side. "Why are you looking at me like that? I thought you weren't gay," She smirked. 

"I was joking," I mumbled and she looked at me, grinning.

"I knew it," I just rolled my eyes while she leaned over a kissed me again. I grabbed her face so she wouldn't pull away and she laughed into the kiss. I parted my lips and she slipped her tongue in. She reached over me, let the seat down and laid on top of me. Then my phone rang. Billie groaned and I laughed checking to see who it was.

"Shit it's my mom. She's probably wondering where I am," I look at her.

"Why are you looking at me? Answer it."

"Hey mom"

"Hey where are you?"

"We're getting ice cream,"

"You and Billie Eilish are getting ice cream? What world am I living in right now?" Billie is now silently laughing her ass off .

"Yeah weird right. Oh can I sleep at her house tonight?" Bill stops laughing and is looking at me in disbelief.

"Um Penelope are you okay?"

"Yeah mom I'm fine," I laughed. "Billie and I decided to try and be friends today so,"

"I guess that's okay, just no freaky stuff okay," Billie decides now is the time to start cackling. "Is that Billie now?" 

"Yeah mom I gotta go ok I love you oh and mom my car is at school it wouldn't start,"

"Alright Pen I love you too bye,". When she hung up Billie was still laughing in disbelief.

"Damn Pen, your mom is still how I remember her."

"Yeah yeah let's go."

-

-