Chapter 10

while me and august was walking next door to my house i was thinking was he gonna ask me out or not. we pretty much knew each other for a long time anyways so it wouldnt be bad. he had his arm around me the whole time while we was walking.

"ard so you not talking to no boys right" august asked.

" im not talking to anybody" i laughed.

"ight good because i'll beat them up" august said.

"you aint beating up anybody boy" i started laughing.

"i was gonna beat chres ass but tay already slapped the shit outta him and that was good enough" august said. i started laughing remembering tay slapping chres, funniest shit ever.

"yeah she really did slap him hard" i said still laughing.

"but im serious, any guy who try and talk to you gon get these hands forreal. if they try and break your heart".

"i deserve better huh" i said looking at him.

"yup" he nodded.

we walked up the steps of my house and i faced him and gave him his jacket. "well thanks for the song.. and walking me here.

"nah keep the jacket" he wrapped it around me again.

"its your jacket" i said.

"its your jacket now baby" he said "just take it".

"baby? baby huh. since when" i said folding my arms.

"okay well baby girl then" he said.

"i think you say the word baby so cute" i said. i aint mean to say it out but i just said it!

"i think you cute" august smiled. "see you just moved here 4 years ago from somewhere else.. you wouldve been cuter with a New Orleans accent" he said.

"oh so you dont like my voice????" i said.

"nah i like your voice ! i do. but i can imagine you with a new orleans accent"

"oh" i raised my eyebrows. "maybe i should go inside".

"ight can i have a kiss before you go"

"wait after like 3 times you wanna ask, i cant" i started laughing.

"aye the 3rd time you kissed me first so that dont count" he said.

"whatever august" i said.

"so can i have a kiss or nah"

i nodded and stepped up on the upper step.

"you still not taller then me" he said.

"i know big head" i wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed me and i kissed back. we kissed for like 5 minutes outside on my porch, im surprised my mom aint pull up because sometimes she comes to the house to eat. but she didnt, i pulled away to breathe a little. he smiled and hugged me and i hugged him back.

"i have to go inside" i said.

"try and get your phone back and text me" he said letting me go.

"i cant , the only thing i have is my ipod and she dont know i have it" i said.

"well text me on there" he said kissing me one more time and walking away. "you know my number". all i did was smile and walk inside my house closing the door. i didnt wanna text august right away so i waited until like 9 o clock? yeah i waited till 9 o clock to text him. i closed my door and locked it to make sure my mom wouldnt come in. i grabbed the ipod and went to imessage. i put in august iphone number and it turned blue so that meant i could text him. i didnt know what to put so i just put the waving emoji. a couple seconds later he texted back