Home sweet home

We were finally parked outside my house. I got out of the car and Ivan followed a few steps behind. Surprisingly the door was locked, but I always kept a spare key under the flower pot.Thankfully it was still there, i unlocked the door and stepped in. I didn't know what I was expecting to see but it was exactly the same as I left it the day Colt came.

"Nice place" said Ivan

"Thanks" I respond with a half hearted smile,

I leave Ivan on his own as I wonder around, it felt different being in here. It was peaceful, I walk up the stairs .I open the door to my bedroom, all the pictures were still hanging on my walls, the memories the images brought were to upsetting to look at so I quickly left the room.

"What are we supposed to do now ?" I ask as I plod down the stairs.

"We wait for the phone call" he replies

"Ok" I blatantly replied.

Since we were here I thought I might tidy some things up to waste time as we wait for the mysterious "phone call".

Using the cleaning equipment I had in the cupboard I began to clean up. I emptied all the rotting food from the fridge, wiped down the counter,vacuumed the floors and changed the sheets on my bed.

I spent about 2hrs cleaning, when it was done it looked spotless. After all of that I was feeling incredibly famished, but i threw most of the food out.

"Can I go out somewhere?" I asked Ivan who was lying on the chair watching tv.

"What?" he questioned without moving his face from the screen.

"It will only take a second" I add

"Where?" He questions

"To get some food"

"I'm coming with you" he gets up from the chair and follows me out the door.Since it was a short walk we decided not to take the car.

We arrive at the shop I used to work at, I grab a basket and quickly scan the isle for something to eat. Looking around I make sure no one recognises me, I hadn't been to work in a few weeks and I left without notice. If any of the employees saw me, I'm sure they would of wanted answers for my absence.

"Do you want something?" i ask

"I'll pass" he responds.

Once my basket was full of goods I head to the self checkout to scan the items. I neatly pack the items and pay.

The walk back was silent just like the walk there, Ivan walked in front whilst trotted behind him.

It takes a little longer to get back to the house but when we did I wasted no time in preparing some food for myself, knowing Ivan likes to change his mind I left some for him just in case.

After I finished my food I washed the dishes and out them away.

I sat on the chair and watched tv for a little while, the programme shown no interest for me so I decided that taking a shower would be worth my time.

When I had finished I got changed into some comfortable clothes, I put on a cream oversized knitted jumper underneath I wore a silk vest  with matching short shorts and socks.

I was walking around when all of a sudden the lights went off.I moved my hands around to try and figure where I was going, when I felt someone blow in my ear, I knew it was Ivan so I brushed it off.

The electricity never used to switch off but then I remembered I hadn't been here in a while, meaning I hadn't payed my bill or purchased more electricity.

The sudden thumping on the door, making me  jump out of my skin.

What is he twelve?

"What are you doing ,help me find the switch" I called out, but there was no reply, instead I heard footsteps running up and down the steps.

"I'm serious" I repeat but with more fear in my voice.The cupboards and draws started banging simultaneously.

"I swear you better stop ,this isn't funny anymore" I could hear someone whistling and laughing.

"Ivan!" all of a sudden the lights flicked back on but nobody was there.Ivan was nowhere to be seen. So I check downstairs but he wasn't there, so I went upstairs to my bedroom , but just as before he wasn't in there, I heard something in the bathroom so I went in there to check.

I saw a figure standing behind the shower door ,I quickly slid it across but it was empty.

"This isn't funny " I turn round and scream when I see Ivan stood behind me.

"Easy there don't want you to have a heart attack " he laughs.He left the room and I remained in there to compose myself.

After Ivan's immature games I thought it would be best to stay up stairs.

As cool as I was my own companionship wasn't enough to keep me from getting bored, there wasn't much to do in this place so I picked out one of my books to read, as I was waking down the stairs I could hear Ivan shouting on the phone.

"What do you mean there not here.....we need all the evidence.....fine tomorrow....bye" then he hung up.

"Is everything ok?" I question

"No it's not ok, nothing ever goes to plan when you send a boy to do a mans job, I swear to god if anything happens tomorrow I'll kill him."

I stared blankly at him with confusion, I had no idea what he was talking about.

He continued to curse and rant for a good 10 minutes, his sudden outburst started to get scary and freak me out.

"Why does this always happen, this is all for nothing ,a waste of my fucking time.Jesus I'm so-"

'Smack'

My hand came in contact with his cheek .He had the exact same reaction as me.

Shock!

He looked me dead in the eyes.

"What the fuck" he angrily said

"I seen it in a movie" I reply ,but it was true, whenever the actor would freak out the other person would slap them to get some sense into them.

After saying in my head it sounds rather stupid, this wasn't a movie and Ivan wasn't an actor he was a vampire and a very pissed one at this point.

Vote and comment !!!!xxxx