Diamonds

Ivan was starting to make his way towards the hair and beauty salon that they had built. We walked in and was greeted by a young women, she had introduced herself as Mackenzie.

"How can I be of service?" She asked

"Just a trim of the top" Ivan replied.

"No problem sir ,I'll just go and get our stylist" she quickly left and shortly returned with a very feminine and flamboyant man.

"Oh helloooo" he greeted Ivan before pouting and biting his lip.

"My names Jamie but here I'm known as Jambo" he confidently added with his hands on his hips.

"This is M-" Mckenzie began to speak but was rudely interrupted by Jambos excitement.

"Now this is what I'm talking about, oh my god my prayers have finally been answered,let me see...let me see" using his pen he twiddled it in the air , signalling me to spin around.

"I'm lost" I admit.

He rolls his eyes and sassily walks towards me, he stands behind me and begins to mess around with my hair. Small mutters of excitement leave his lips as he massages my head.

"Is this natural?" He asks. I furrow my eyebrows at him and for the second time he rolls his eyes.

"The curls in your hair sweetie"

"Yeah"

"I knew it" he quickly walks back to the front.

"Kenzie, I need two hazel hair dyes, my cutting belt and I want her hair shampooed and conditioned before I come back" he spun round and began walking off.

I looked around and everyone had the exact same expression on their face, confusion.

"Wait! What's going on" I called out after him.
He sharply turned around and looked at me.

"I'm going to create a work of art of course, don't worry when I've finished with you, you'll be looking runway ready baby" he quickly stroke a model pose.

"But we're not here f-"

He cut me off before I could continue to speak.
"Calm down, I'm only going to take a couple of inches off and add some highlights....maybe even a fringe" he added

"That's not happening" Ivan bluntly stated.

"It's going to look beautiful"

"It already does"

"It's the new sty-"

"No" Ivan firmly said. He clearly had the last word as the idea had dropped.

"Jambo, Mr Stone is the one who is your client and he only wants a trim of the top" Mackenzie says with a guilty expression.

After a few minutes of awkward a silence he finally spoke up.

"Would you like to follow me then Mr Stone"

Ivan looked frustrated and annoyed, it wouldn't surprise me if Ivan ended up saying something to him. He reluctantly followed him to a cutting station, where Jambo started his hair.

It was then that I realised what Ivan had just said. He had said my hair was beautiful....it wasn't the most spectacular of things but I couldn't fight back the grin that was growing on my face.

After about 5 minutes my excitement and curiosity got the best of me as I got up to walk around the building.

"Where are you going?" Ivan asked

"To look around" I reply.

Before he could reply I left the salon and made my way to the next shop that caught my eye. It was a jewellery shop.