fiftieth

Taehyung's mother had always been extremely  good at reading people, and she had known Jimin for a long time, so she was really starting to feel like a second mom that always seemed to appear magically when he wasn't alright.

"I-I had... Taehyung and I fought." He mumbled, looking down.

Taehyung's mother smiled gently.

"I'm sure it isn't that bad, knowing the both of you, you'll be back together in no time." She said.

Jimin chuckled sadly.

"I don't think so." He said.

"Did you.. did you two fight physically?" She suddenly asked;

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, looking at her questioningly.

"We didn't, why?"

"Well, the school called me to say he had been in a fight. I'm here to see if he's alright."

Jimin's eyes widened, flashes of Taehyung's bruises suddenly coming back to mind. Why hadn't he asked Taehyung if he was fine? Had he been that blinded by his own minor problems that he had failed to take in consideration his best friend looked like he was beat up?

Then he remembered Hoseok's wounds, and made a mental note to ask the older about it.

"I-i think it's my fault." He conveyed.

Mrs kim remained silent, as if to urge Jimin to say more.

"I didn't realise, i didn't take in consideration Taehyung's feelings when we argued and, and i think i may have really hurt his feelings." He said, looking down.

Mrs Kim's smile faltered.

"Did Taehyung tell you?" She asked.

Jimin looked up towards her, feeling even worse to know his mother knew of this.

"One of our friends told me, he liked me." He mumbled.

Mrs Kim took a sip of her tea, before putting it on the table silently.

"Taehyung doesn't like you Jimin. He is madly in love with you." She said. "He had been for... almost six years now i think." She said.

Jimin's eyes widened.

"He, he really does see you as the most important thing in his life. I'm sure he would do anything you ask, and one thing for sure he, he really values your happiness more than his life." She chuckled.

"He never told me you know, i can just see it. Then," She smiled at the memory. "Being the curious mother i am, i snooped in his room and found a few things." she said.

"I brought them here to give them to him, so that he could maybe feel better." she said, taking out two notebooks out of her bag.

They were both identical, two black leather sketchbooks, completely worn out.

He took one of them, opening the first page under the eyes of Mrs Kim.

It was a drawing, from the 13 october 2010. A boy with a party hat had been drawn in pencil, the graphite strokes depicting the boy's smile perfectly.

He chuckled, recognizing himself.

Under the drawing, was a small sentence, written messily.

"Your smile shines brighter than the candles on your birthday cake."

Jimin found the sentence to be extremely cheesy and endearing at the same time.

On the next page, was a very scruffy drawing of a boy, dancing. His body was very slightly awkward, the young still having a hard time with proportions and movement.

"You look the best when you dance."

Jimin teared up. On ever single page, was a drawing of himself, in different situations and at different ages.

I made him want to slap himself so bad, for being such an asshole, for everything he had done, to taehyung but also his friends.

The love he felt radiating from that small notebook, made him and to be a better person to finally feel worthy of the person that had filled it with his vision of the person he loved.

He opened the other notebook, now fully crying as Mrs Kim rubbed his back soothingly.

À/N:  

what do you guys think of this story?