sixty sixth

A/N:

the prologue for "More than just friends", my new story, is out!

Hope you'll check it out :)

Jimin ran a hand through his hair as a nervous habit, eating his marshmallow whilst hastily walking down the street.

The past few weeks had been so shitty he just needed something to get his spirits up.

So here he was, at the arcade.

Upon entering, he greeted the woman at the reception, who gave out gifts in exchange for the tickets they could win with the machines.

"Jimin-ah, haven't seen you in a while." She smiled, leaning onto the counter as he got closer.

"Sorry noona, i was busy." He mumbled, offering a small smile.

Her own smile faltered upon seeing his low mood, but she decided not to comment on it, simply cheering him on and offering to get coffee later, he smiled and thanked her before walking towards the dark room lit by all the colorful lights of the various games.

He walked around the aisles, not even knowing what to play.

Somehow seeing all the kids running around and laughing as they played contrasting with the gray cloud that had been raining over his head for the past week's made him feel a calming sense of numbness.

That was, until he noticed a tuft of black hair in front of a shooting game. The man looking very immersed in his game as he pointed the plastic toy at the screen.

Tears built up in his eyes, thinking back at the previous day when the same man had opened the door and had stood so handsome in front of him.

The feeling came back as he stood in the middle of aisle, just staring towards this man from a distance, the lights of the arcade giving his figure an unrealistic and colourful glow.

Was this feeling of being so far, so unable to possibly dream of reaching out to the other what Taehyung had felt for the past six years?

A kid ran past him and accidently bumped his hip, snapping him out of his daze, a tear falling from his glossy eye.

The young girl apologised, but Jimin didn't hear, he was too far into his thoughts.

His feet moved on their own, taking him closer and closer to the ravenette, until his arms wrapped around his taller's frame, standing between the shooter and his game.

"Yah! you'll make me lose!" he exclaimed, but again, Jimin didn't hear, it was like he was under water, and the only thing that could possibly save him was staying glued to Taehyung.

"What the hell Jimin!" Taehyung almost yelled, shoving him off.

Jimin looked at him with wide, teary eyes.

Taehyung seemed angry, black strands of hair falling down on his burning eyes.

God he looks pretty even when he's angry.

"Taehyung." He choked out, voice cracking, more tears welling up in his eyes and pouring down his cheeks.

The younger looked at him wide eyes, as if watching a glass figure breaking into tiny pieces right in front of him.

Jimin cried, sobbed, bringing his hands to wipe at his eyes.

Taehyung was so confused, his hands in front of him hesitantly reaching out for Jimin's trembling figure but then pulling back slightly as a hiccup made his smaller body jump.

"J-jimin?" Taehyung asked, not at all sure of what was happening, and not even aware he was getting more and more worried about him, his feelings nagging at him to take the crying boy in his arms.

"It's not fair" Jimin sobbed. "You can't just leave me Taehyung, that's not fair."