--Chapter Two--

As I inspected my position on the wall I found out that my hands had somehow stuck to the wall

As I inspected my position on the wall I found out that my hands had somehow stuck to the wall. I decided to try and 'walk' myself down the wall finding that my feet also stuck to the wall through my shoes. I was able to get the the ground safely but when I got there I yet again looked at my hands and feet. Nothing appeared different so I assumed that if I went out into the crowd no one would be the wiser that I had powers. As I walked down the street many people rushed past me muttering about the rain.

I glanced at my surroundings I saw a newspaper stand and I decided to walk over to it. As I browsed through the papers the man in charge of the stand walked over to me.

"You looking for something specific?" He asked me.

"No, just moved into town and I decided to see what's been happening around here." I responded.

It technically wasn't a lie I felt like I had just moved into town and I did want to see what had been happening, even if I had known it at one time.

"Not much is happening. There's a new group of heros going around stopping some problems. The fools added Ghost-Spider to their team, the police still chasing her. One even killed some people chasing her. Some people just don't pay attention any more."

I took all of this in attempting to remember all of it. I understood something and realized what I had to do to face Ghost-Spider. I needed to cause some trouble to attract her little group, then separate her from them and then confront her.

"How much for a newspaper?" I asked him.

"These? I'll give you one for free. They're not gonna sell now that the day's done."

"Really? Thanks!"

With renewed energy I walked away from the news stand. If I read about the type of stuff Ghost-Spider and her team respond to I can figure out how to get their attention. I could also learn about the team as a whole so I could separate and eliminate them. I found an ally that was semi dry and sat down. As I read I learned about Ghost-Spider and her team's powers. The leader Quake had vibration powers, Patriot had a shield he could fly and shoot projectiles out of. He didn't necessarily have powers but he was still a threat I wouldn't underestimate. Ms. Marvel had stretching powers and was normally accompanied by Squirrel Girl who was basically just super athletic and had a little squirrel named Tippy. Inferno had fire powers just like it sounded. America Chavez could fly, was super strong and if you fight her you'll see stars. She had an attitude and was someone to watch out for.

Strangely I found Ghost-Spider had similar abilities to me. She could climb walls like me and was super athletic. She however could shoot webs from her wrists. A power I was unsure if I possessed. I decided to keep reading to see if I could find anything on how she triggered it. From the pictures I saw she would trigger the webs by pressing the center of her hand I pointed my hand at the wall and then quickly pressed the center of my hand. I was shocked to find a web had landed where I had been pointing my hand. Intrigued I positioned my hand to face a new part of the wall and once again I pressed the middle of my hand this time keeping my hand in that position. Yet again a web shoot from my wrist, this time however instead of just the web on the wall a strand of the substance was also connecting from the wall to my wrist. As I tested the strength of the web I found that it could easily hold my body weight.

With these powers I figured that gaining the attention of Ghost-Spider would be easier than I originally thought. I stopped and thought about all the information I had, I knew Ghost-Spider acted on emotion more times than not, so if I could figure out a way to manipulate her emotions for my purpose, I could easily carry out my plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, updates... The thing is yes I am writing this story, but I have written ahead of what I publish. So if I am not updating either I want to keep things suspenseful, or I am getting close to what I have finished. Just a note!

-RF