--Chapter Thirteen--

Unbeknownst to me, as I was getting angrier and angrier at myself, everything around me started to shake

Unbeknownst to me, as I was getting angrier and angrier at myself, everything around me started to shake. The madder I got, the faster they shook. Soon the net was torn apart from its molecules moving so fast.

As soon as I was aware this happened, I shot up like a rocket and started web-slinging away from the place, leaving thinking about what happened to be thought about later. Unfortunately, the police had gotten extremely close, so they started chasing me.

My mind started buzzing, they were chasing me in cars so it wouldn't be long before they caught up to me and then I would have another net around me. I had to be smart if I wanted to get away and keep my identity a secret. They were chasing me in their police cars, so if I went somewhere in which the cars can't follow, I had a chance of getting away.

My eyes were frantically looking for areas cars can't follow when they landed on a small alleyway, leading to the other side of the street. I could easily slip through it and continue slinging away, with more of a lead on the police.

Waiting until it was almost too late I ducked into the ally, almost banging my whole body on the wall. Thankfully I didn't and was able to reach the other side as the police reached the other side of the ally. I continued on my way, doing my best to put as much distance between me and the police as possible, for I knew that they could easily pursue me on foot.

This is indeed what they did. Luckily for me, I had put enough distance between us that they couldn't fire the nets at me. My muscles were starting to get tired, but I couldn't stop, I had to keep going. At some point the police would realize it was a lost cause, they would quit following me and I would get away. I kept repeating this logic to convince myself that I could keep going. For the sake of my muscles, I sure hoped that this point in time would come soon.

----------------------------------------

Look! Another chapter! Another cliffhanger too! I am in the middle of writing a new chapter, along with more. Updates may be slow until I have more chapters written so I'm not just ahead of you guys. I thank you all for your patience. These next few chapters may have a couple more cliffhangers too. Just bear with me here!

-RF