--Chapter Forty-Seven Through Fifty--

Catch you on the flip side? What could that mean? It was about an hour after the fiery disaster, and I was back at the base thinking

Catch you on the flip side? What could that mean? It was about an hour after the fiery disaster, and I was back at the base thinking. Some of the team had gone with Gwen to the hospital after they had realized her wrist was bent out of shape.

I pulled out the picture she drew of me and inspected it. It was a beautiful picture but it was nothing else. Her words repeated in my head, 'Catch you on the flip side' then it hit me. I turned the paper over to find writing on the back.

'Ms. Dorris' Bookshop. I'll be there, how about you? -Ace'

I know Ms. Dorris' Bookshop, I've seen it around town. Ms. Dorris is a cheerful lady, always kind. Just as I was about to get up and head there, the platform started to lower down, bringing Kevin, Daisy, Rayshaun, and Gwen down. Gwen's left forearm was in a blue cast, which was in a sling.

"How'd it go?" I asked them, folding the picture back up.

"Fine, I guess. The doctor said it was broken and will take about three months to heal. I don't mind that fact, but explaining it to my dad may be a little tricky." Gwen responded, then flopping onto the couch, hissing as her arm hit the back of it.

"You could say you were helping someone and your wrist was broken doing it. It's technically not a complete lie." Kevin suggested.

"I'll probably do something like that." She responded sighing. It seemed that everyone had gotten lost in their own thoughts, so I headed to the lift.

Once the lift reached the top, I started heading towards the book shop. Ace had never said when she'd be there, so I hoped she still was. The shop wasn't very far, so I arrived there soon after I left.

Once I got there, Ms. Dorris was at the door closing the shop. I rushed over to her before she could leave.

"Ms. Dorris! I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but someone said that they'd meet me here." I told her, hoping that she'd understand.

"Who was that?" She asked me. Her eyes narrowed slightly, I almost missed it.

"Ace did, she told me on the back of something she drew," I responded, pulling out the picture to show her. At the sight of the note on the back, she relaxed and opened the door letting me in.

"She'll be in the loft, don't mind the keep out sign." She said smiling.

"Thanks a lot." I thanked her, relieved that she let me in.

I walked into the shop, looking for the loft. Eventually, I found it in the back. There was a ladder with a sign that said keep out. Like Ms. Dorris instructed, I ignored it and climbed to the top.

"Ace? I found your note, so here I am." I called waiting for a response before continuing further into the loft.

I heard a thump, then a muffled "I'm here, come on in."