--Chapter Twenty-Nine--

"Well, I was on my way to patrol when Sheath pulled me into the building

"Well, I was on my way to patrol when Sheath pulled me into the building. I tried to fight her, but soon Exile came and I was overpowered. Then Exile opened a portal below us and everything went black."

"When I woke up I was in a room with another person. Hala appeared and did the whole evil speech thing, you pretty much just heard it and the other guy started attacking me. I didn't fight back and just let him beat me. It went on like this for a while when they started to threaten that they would hurt you if I didn't start fighting. That was only a few days ago. I thought you would be able to get away, but I guess I didn't consider all of the possibilities." He finished looking down at the ground.

"Well, I could've held my own if I was alone and not in the middle of the street." I said bitterly.

"You mean? Did people see you? Is that why you got caught?"

"Yeah, when I found out they wanted me, I was in an ally with my friend Ace, I tried to hold them off, but she got hurt. I rushed her to the Secret Warrior's base, and Daisy helped her."

"What do you mean?"

"I'll explain later, but then Daisy told me to go home and get some sleep. I was supposed to come back this afternoon so we could figure out what to do. I was walking home when they ambushed me. People were around so I couldn't use my powers. I tried to hold my ground, but I was fighting a losing battle and it was only a matter of time before I was caught." I finished. We sat in silence taking it all in.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you had it worse, with having to run from the cops and your dad." Kevin finally said.

"Yeah, it was so much fun." I responded sarcastically, he laughed and I realized how much I missed him.

We started telling stories about what we've been up to. He told me about different opponents he faced, and I told him about the Secret Warriors. After a while, a guard came in with two trays of food.

"I'm guessing that's lunch." I said when the guard left.

"Yep, you missed breakfast. Overall, they feed us well, probably because they want our best performance. Three meals a day, and they give us water after every 'match'." Kevin responded picking up the trays bringing them to where we've been sitting.

"Well, at least that means the Secret Warriors should know I'm gone soon. We won't be here much longer." I told him hoping they would find out soon and come looking.

"What makes you so sure?" He asked giving me a skeptical look.

"Because they've done it before. It was what got them together." I responded.

"Well, that's another story to tell me, but right now we eat." He said handing me a tray.

------------------------------------------------

For anyone who is confused, the Kree faked Kevin's death, I made it that way. Don't judge. I will have the 'test' in chapter thirty-one, so look forward to that. Sorry if this is short, I kinda forgot to post. Vote if you enjoyed, and I hoped you did. Also! Thanks soooooooo much for 500 reads! That's just nuts(As Squirrel Girl would say)! I can't believe it. I hope you realize how much it means to me. Anyway, thanks again!

-RF