--Chapters Thirty-Five and Thirty-Six--

After we had eaten, we came back to find the rest of the team awake

After we had eaten, we came back to find the rest of the team awake. They were all discussing something, my bet was either the other kids on Hala's ship, or me. I really hoped it wasn't me.

Then America's voice grew to almost a shout, "You can't trust her! This is all an act! She'll betray us when she gets the chance!" I then knew that even before I explained my life last night, everyone had already made up their mind.

Hearing this all three of us stopped, not sure what to do. I was scared. What would Daisy do if the team never trusted me? Gwen put her hand on my shoulder, but I pushed it off, and before she could stop me I left. I left before they knew I was there, before Gwen or Daisy could stop me, and I left the medallion on a workbench before opening the door and leaving it all behind me.

 I left before they knew I was there, before Gwen or Daisy could stop me, and I left the medallion on a workbench before opening the door and leaving it all behind me

I saw the hurt in Ace's eyes when she heard what America said about her. I tried to put my hand on her shoulder but she pushed it off and launched herself back up to the garage before the floor closed up again.

I just stared up, not believing what I heard. The team didn't trust Ace the way Daisy and I did, and America didn't trust her at all. Kevin pulled me into a hug.

"What the heck!? Don't you know you shouldn't talk about someone behind their backs?!" Kevin told her causing everyone to face us.

"Even if it's true? I'm just stating the facts. Even if any part of that was true, she said she wanted to get revenge on Ghost-Spider!" America countered.

"That was before she knew the truth." I told her, I had a softer voice than the others, but it was filled with anger.

"That you didn't mean it? Yeah, cause you trying to convince your father that you were innocent worked so well." She said sarcastically.

"Forget it. I need to go find her." I said breaking away from Kevin.

"You mean she heard that?" Inferno asked her.

"Yeah, then she ran off." Kevin responded.

"Probably because she realized her cover was blown." America said with a scoff at the end.