--Chapter Eight--

I awoke to the sound of the city, cars honking, people talking, and above me, one or two birds chirping

I awoke to the sound of the city, cars honking, people talking, and above me, one or two birds chirping. I sat up so I could get a look at how I would take the hammock down, being as I didn't want to leave any evidence that I was here. I figured that I could pull it off the wall and then fold it up in my bag so that I didn't have to take the time to make it every night.

After that task was done and I was looking out the ally from my perch on the wall, I saw that the sidewalks weren't as busy as I first thought. I could easily walk out of the ally and no one would notice.

I decided to do just that, and then walk and go check out my next 'attack' sight. It turned out to be a little music store, with a couple of instruments and what I guessed was a cash register with plenty of money. I was thinking about how nice of a shop it was, but I already attacked my first location, this one was next. I would rob it later no doubt, but right now it was time to find a job and get some breakfast.

As I walked out of the store I saw Gwen and Daisy again, I decided that I would go say hi, after all, I quite liked them and would like to hang out with them again, this time without the shock of finding out Gwen was Ghost-Spider.

"Hey, fancy meeting you here," I say to them from behind causing them to turn around in shock.

"Ace! Yeah, we were just on our way to buying breakfast, you want to join us?" Asked Daisy seeing it was me.

"Sure, I was on my way too," I responded, eager to hang out with them again.

We talked a bit as we walked to a small restaurant for breakfast.

"So Ace, I don't think I've seen you around the city before, granted it's a big city but we've run into each other twice now," Daisy said as we sat down.

"One of those times was quite literally too." I responded, "Well I'm new to the city, and I've just been exploring these past couple of days."

"Really? Well, maybe we can show you around a bit, tell you what's good and what to avoid." Gwen said

"Yeah, that would be great!" I was excited that I would be able to learn about the city, I just had to make sure that I still robbed the music store.

"It's a plan then after we eat we'll give you a tour of Jersey City!" Daisy responds as our food arrives and we start to dig in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Another shorter chapter. On the bright side, at least it's posted! I wanted more interaction with Daisy and Gwen, so this chapter and a little bit of the next is that. I hope you are all enjoying this. I'll try and post soon!

-RF