--Chapter Five--

"I'm so sorry!" the person said immediately.

"It's fine," I responded as I looked up.

I saw Quake and another girl I didn't recognize, I was slightly upset about the donut but now I had something better.

"Here, come inside, I'll buy you another donut." She said while leading me inside. As we sat down she looked at me with a strange look on her face.

"This is going to sound weird, but have I seen you before?" she asked.

"No, what makes you say that?" I swiftly answered because if she had been at the bakery she probably got a description of me which might explain why she thinks she knows me.

"No reason. Must just have one of those faces. I'm Daisy by the way and this is..."

"Gwen Stacy, but call me Gwen." The stranger responds. As she set her gaze on me I take my first good look at her.

She had piercing blue eyes and long blond hair fading into pink about half way down. She was wearing a white crop top with pink lining the edges and a pink spider in the middle, with black jean shorts. She had a pink jacket tied around her waist. She was wearing black boots stopping around mid thigh. Daisy looked pretty much exactly like Quake. Same short black hair which turns to a purple once again halfway down. She had a black shirt with a black leather jacket and some deep purple jeans. She had a blue crystal necklace and small black boots.

"So..." I start trying to fill the awkward silence, "How do you two know each other?"

The response I got from that was the two of them throwing frantic looks at each other. I interpreted this as that they know each other through superhero business, and that they thought I was an innocent bystander and not someone plotting to destroy them. Typical.

"We're on a bowling team together!" Daisy finally responded, earning a questioning look from Gwen.

"Okay..." Gwen says despite obviously being confused, "What brings you here..."

"Ace." I finished for her. "And to answer your question, I just decided to buy a donut."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, not the longest chapter. But it's published and, there's a funny story of why I stopped here. As I mentioned earlier, I pre-write chapters on a google doc, and I have it shared with some of my friends. One of those friends wasn't the best at reading what I added, and sometimes it annoyed me. I also often leave off in a sentence which she hates,(justice my dear friend JUSTICE!) and for a whole day, I refused to finish this part. Then when I did finish it, it was just for the donut. What I had written was, '"Ace." I finished for her. "And to a' then I finished it with what is above. Oh, I drove her mad that day! Don't worry, it wasn't mean, per se, just harmless fun which she has done to me too. It's just how our friendship works. Don't judge.

-RF