--Chapter Twenty-Eight--

After Gwen left, Daisy got me a few blankets and a pillow

After Gwen left, Daisy got me a few blankets and a pillow. She told me that in the morning depending on how I was she would take me to go get breakfast. I thanked her and then she left. I thought about my day as I got comfortable. I helped people from a fire, told my life tale, and almost died. Not my worst day.

I chuckled a little as I thought about it. My life had become so weird that a day I almost die wasn't the worst day. That's when you know your life is no longer normal. With that comforting thought, I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was alone in a cell of some kind. The walls were completely white and there was no door. I somehow was in my suit, without my mask.

Suddenly an image of Hala appeared in front of me. She had her arms spread out almost like she was welcoming someone.

"Greetings, I am Hala the Accuser, and you are charged with refusing to serve the Kree. However, I am offering a second chance. Soon you and another will be teamed up to fight another pair. Defeat the other pair to move on. Those who refuse to fight, will be forced to watch their loved ones die. Good luck."

With that, she disappeared. I just stayed where I was, because I had nothing else to do. As far as I know, we could be in space. I also know Daisy won't know I'm missing until tomorrow afternoon, or this afternoon I guess. All I could do was play along until help came, or break out if given the chance.

Soon guards came in and put cuffs around my ankles and wrists. They also put a blindfold over my eyes. They then roughly lead me out of the room and into another room where they left my cuffs on, but took the blindfold off. However, they placed some type of collar around my neck.

"Get yourselves aquatinted, this evening will be your first test." One of the guards said walking out.

After the guards left, I realized I wasn't alone. There was someone in the corner, in an icy blue suit, kind of like the one Inferno wears. When I walked over to him I saw him tense, because of the noise the chains made.

"Hey." I said which caused him to turn around in surprise, I gasped when I saw his face.

"Gwen?"

"Kevin!?" I responded, running to him hugging him tight.

"How long have you been here? Did they take you because of me? I'm so sorry." He started rambling, but I didn't care. I was so happy he was alive.

"I just got here Kev, and I'm so happy to see you!" I said not letting him go. I was crying tears of joy. Kevin was alive.

"Gwen it's okay, I'm okay. I never gave up hope that you would find me, but I never imagined this." He said trying to comfort me. My embrace loosened but I refused to let him go. I was afraid this wasn't real.

"How are you alive?" I asked him reality slowly setting in.

"What do you mean?" He responded with a questioning look.

"On the night of our first patrol, you didn't show. When I tracked your phone to a warehouse, finding you dead on the ground. Then from nowhere Sheath attacked, when she cut me, barely cut me, it was like she sucked the life right out of me. I barely got away and because she didn't leave any marks I got blamed for your death." I explained. I could tell he was confused because it was written all over his face.

"That's not what happened that night." He said slowly.

"Would you like to tell me how you remember it?" I asked him. He nodded in response.

----------------------------------------------

What do you think? I brought Kevin back because I thought he never got a chance, plus it gave Gwen a reason to fight. Also! I'm writing chapter forty currently and may I say, you're in for a ride! I just got done writing a slight twist, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, don't forget to vote and let me know!

-RF