--Chapter Thirty-One--

Once we finished our lunch, another message came. It told us that we would soon be tested and that if we didn't fight we would be punished, what the test was, we already knew.

"So, what are we going to do?" Kevin asked me.

"We need to fight, we all know how it turned out when you didn't. We could fight to win but not hurt them, or we could 'fight' them. Still fighting them, but not aim to win." I said.

"I like the second plan. That way we won't hurt our opponents, and we can keep our families safe. I'm also still getting used to having you here." He admitted.

"Okay, so it's a plan." I finished.

We talked a little more before the guards came in. They put blindfolds on us again and lead us to another room. There was more noise from the way we came, and then they took the blindfolds off us and put something in our ears. Then the guards took off our cuffs and left the room, pointing their staves at us as they did so.

"Is that Ghost-Spider?" One of the two boys said facing us. They had dark brown hair and tan skin. They two boys looked identical, so it was hard to tell them apart.

"What's it to you?" Kevin responded, ice forming around his hands.

"She's a wanted criminal and you're saying 'what's it to you'?" The other one responded.

"So you guys know about that. Well, here's the guy I supposedly killed. Does that prove my innocence?" I asked them. They looked confused by my answer. Suddenly the collars on our necks let out a shock.

"Stop talking and start fighting, otherwise all of you will be forced to watch those you care about die." Hala's voice said coming from the earpieces.

"Well, we'd love to keep talking, but..." One of them started.

"You know how it is." The other one finished. Then they charged at us. We quickly dodged, and I webbed one to the ground while Kevin froze the other one's feet.

"You think..."

"That's going to..."

"Stop us?" They said right before they grabbed each other's hands. Their eyes started glowing yellow and they blew off the ice and webs. Suddenly there was a strong wind making it hard to find footing. Kevin and I exchanged looks, realizing we could easily lose here, if we put up enough of a show to make it look like we tried.

I 'tried' to shoot a web at them, but it missed. Kevin tried the same thing with ice, but again it missed and came back and showered us with ice shards. The twins started laughing at our failed attempts.

"This is the Ghost-Spider that the NYPD couldn't take in?"

"How pathetic." They said increasing the wind, my hood flapping all around the place.

"They're right, you can do better than this." Hala's voice said in my ear. My collar gave a slight shock. "I know you're holding back. I've seen you fight. Do better or your friend over there will be in for a shock."

I glanced over at him receiving another small shock when I did. I knew she wasn't bluffing, so I did what she told me to do. I spread out my arms revealing the webs that allow me to glide, or slow my fall. I started riding the wind getting closer to them. When I was close enough, I lunged at them. They were thrown to opposite corners of the room, and the fierce wind stopped.

"You're gonna..."

"Pay for..."

"That." They said trying to work their way back together.

"There's the fight I knew you had. Keep it up and maybe you could be my champion." Hala's voice said in my ear. She knew I was only doing it for those I care about and she was rubbing it in.

The twins were almost together, then I realized where their powers came from. The strong wind disappeared when I knocked them apart, so if I can keep them away from each other, their powers will be minimal, if not non-existent.

"Don't let them touch each other!" I told Kevin as I shot a web at one of them and pulled it bringing him closer to me. Kevin gave me a questioning look but didn't argue.

Once the twins were separated, they could only control small amounts of air. Kevin and I faced our own twin, and we were about to overpower them when we all received a sudden shock from our collars.

"That will be enough, you have shown us your strength, but we can't have our new champion getting tired." Hala's voice said, seemingly coming from the room.

"What does she mean by that?" Kevin asked looking at me. I just shrugged in response, even though I knew the answer.

The guards came back in, this time not even bothering to put the blindfolds back on. They lead us down the hallway, taking many confusing turns. It seemed we weren't going back to the cell we were in before. The guard leading me started to take a different path than the one leading Kevin. He tried to follow us right before both of us getting a shock.

"Do as you're told, or else you and your friend will be in for a bigger shock." One of the guards said waving a little remote.

"Fine." Kevin muttered before allowing himself to be lead in a different direction. Soon I found myself in what I assumed was the control center for the ship. The guards forced me into a kneeling position in front of a hovering chair. Then the chair turned around revealing Hala.

"Welcome my new champion." She greeted me as she walked over. "Today will be the beginning of your new life serving the Kree. Welcome to the Kree Empire." She said smiling like she was mad.

"I will never serve the Kree! Not of my own free will!" I told her struggling in my restraints.

"We already knew that. That's why your friend is in a cell on the opposite side of the ship, in a cell that only guards can open. If you don't do as you're told, things might get rough for him." She threatened, pulling up a screen of Kevin alone in a cell.

"Don't hurt him!" I shouted at her.

"That all depends on you. If you become difficult or don't do as you're told, well here's what will happen." She then pressed a button on the remote, causing Kevin to crumple to the ground in pain, crying out.

"I said don't hurt him!"

"That was a demonstration. Now you'll see what it feels like, for talking back." She then pressed another button on the remote causing the collar around my neck to release a long, continuous, powerful shock, causing me to cry out. The guard holding me in place was the only thing keeping me from hitting the ground.

"Now I suggest you behave or the shocks will only get bigger. Be careful with your mouth, because you know what will happen otherwise."

She looked like she was about to say more when a red beam hit her.

----------------------------------------------

Look! another cliffhanger! But of the good kind?! I'm just realizing the torture I put you guys through with cliffhangers, and I'm sorry. They are slowing down, I just looked at all the chapters I wrote and there was like two major ones. But, until then I hope you don't mind and I will try and not leave you guys hanging for too long. I may try to at least publish on Saturdays so you can expect that one day of the week, and maybe be spontaneous and publish some other day too. Who knows? Until I have it all sorted out, I hope all of you enjoyed and don't forget to vote if you did.

-RF