--Chapter Forty-Three--

"You're not fine

"You're not fine. We're not going to leave you here! Even if we don't trust you, you still need help. Whether you want it or not that's what you're going to get."

That was the last thing I remembered before teleporting away. I just wanted to get away from people, so I went to the place where I could be alone. An ally.

'Even if we don't trust you.'

That one sentence kept repeating in my head. Daisy didn't trust me, she never did. She was keeping me close in case I was an enemy. As the saying goes, 'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.'

Little did they know, I would be fine in a couple of minutes, I could mimic healing powers, that's how I got out of the encounter with Sheath. I started healing without even realizing it. I was lucky that it kicked in.

I sat in an ally thinking about what I would do next. I couldn't just go around in public like I was, otherwise they'd find me again. It would be really extreme to leave town completely, but they wouldn't find me.

I sighed, I really didn't want to do that. I had been in this city my whole life, I didn't know any other place. Besides, I couldn't just leave. As much as I hate to admit it, even if they didn't trust me, I still cared about the Secret Warriors.

After a bit of debating, I came upon my solution. I'd stay here, get a job, and look out for the Secret Warriors. It was the least I could do. After all, I knew Gwen still cared about me.

"Why would she leave like that? She was seriously hurt

"Why would she leave like that? She was seriously hurt." America said after a few seconds of silence.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling she'll be fine," Quake responded.

"What makes you so sure?" I asked her. I still couldn't get over the fact that Ace left again.

"She was fine a couple of minutes after Sheath's dagger cut her. I think whatever happened will happen again." She explained. I guess that made sense, but I still would've liked to make sure she's okay.

"I can't believe that she just left, what would've caused her to leave?" Squirrel Girl wondered.

"Oh no." Quake murmured.

"What?" Patriot asked her.

"It was something I said. I said that 'even if we don't trust you' implying that we still don't trust her. Trust is a big thing for her, she probably left because we don't trust her. We'll be lucky if we ever see her again." She told us sadly.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, surely she still cared about us, right?

"She could've teleported anywhere in the world, she remembers her past. She could've gone to somewhere she's been and started a new life. We've betrayed her so many times, why should she come back?" She told us. Deep down I knew she was right, why should she come back?

"It's a shame, I was kinda beginning to trust her, just a little," America said, rushing the last part.

"Well, there's nothing we can do now. Let's just focus on getting the last of the kids off of Hala's ship." Patriot told them as he started walking back to the garage.

"He's right, let's go." Quake told us. We all started following her, I was lagging behind.

"But I wish there was..." I said softly to myself.

----------------------------------------------

Happy Monday! Sorry for no updates, I've just been exhausted and swamped with work for my church. Also, there is no such thing as a 'Happy Monday' in my opinion. I've got good news though, I have officially completed 'Mimic' on my google doc. I only have nine more chapters to post until it's over. Like I've said, there will be a sequel. I'm about to get the cover up and everything. I'm going to make you guys a deal with updates, I'll try and make them once a week if I can. You guys are all so nice about asking me to update and I want to thank all of you for doing so. Here's your update for the week, and if you enjoyed don't forget to vote and comment.

Fun Quote(To make your Monday better)- The world won't change until we make it change.

-RF