--Chapter Twenty-Three--

We will be backtracking a little for this point of view, just so we get her reactions.

When I saw the fire in the building I told Ace to go find help. I put my suit on and ran into the building. I helped people from the first two floors down the stairs. I told them not to panic and to wait outside.

When I finished on the first two floors I made my way up to the third. Smoke made it harder to see and breathe. I heard voices from one of the open doors I walked in to find Mimic, a boy, and his grandfather.

"Please! Help him." He cried to her desperately.

"I'll do my best but we have to get you both out of here." I heard her say to him.

"I'll take the man out, you get the boy." I said to her taking the man. "I'll be faster. You look pretty banged up."

"Thanks, I don't know how long they've been here. I'll come back and do a sweep on the top floor. You're welcome to join if you want."

"I'll meet you there." I said as I lifted the man up, running out of the room.

I quickly ran down the stairs with the man in my arms. I rushed to the medics handing him off and asking them to help.

I was about to go back up to the building and check the fourth floor when I saw Mimic coming down the building with the boy on her back she reached the ground and told him something. He then ran to someone in the crowd. She soon went back into the building to go check the fourth floor.

I moved to follow when the police confronted me.

"Ghost-Spider! Stop right there!" My father said pointing his gun at me.

"You really want to do this now?! People could still be in there!" I respond while preparing myself to get ready to run.

"For all we know, Ghost-Spider, you're the one who set that fire." He responded, his voice full of hate.

"Well, why would I be helping people out if I started the fire!"

"We don't know your motives. Our job is to protect citizens from people like you." He responded.

"Well this has been interesting, but I've got places to be." I said as I swung off to the top of the building. I ran inside to the fourth floor, seeing Mimic forcing open the door then walking in.

"Are the other rooms empty?" I asked her from behind.

"Yeah, I just got this door open it's the last one." She said between coughs.

"We need to get out, you don't sound too-" I cut off when I walked over and saw her face.

"No time to stare, I gave it the kid, Ash. Let's clear this room and get out of here."

"Ace..." I start not sure what to say.

"Yeah, that's my name I know yours too Gwen." She said making her way around the room seeing no one there.

"How? How do you know?" I asked her grabbing her hand to stop her from walking out of the room. She cried out when I did this.

"You slipped up when we first meet. Now come on we have to get out!" She cried desperately.

"Have you told anyone?" I questioned her.

"No! 'Course not! I know how important these things are! Now would you like to keep breathing in smoke, or continue this conversation somewhere else?!" She rushed out.

"Fine, but this conversation is not over." With that, I let go of her hand and ran out the door. When I reached the roof, I started slinging away hoping she was following.

"You have some explaining to do Ace, and you better do it fast." I said when I landed in an ally.

"What do I have to explain?" She puffed trying to catch her breath.

"I don't know, maybe why you're stealing money from places, or mimicking me, along with several other things. What would your family say?" I asked pulling off my mask and looking her straight in the eye.

"They wouldn't say anything because they died in a car crash!" She yelled. I was filled instantly with regret. I know what it was like to lose someone you care about.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I responded in a quiet voice.

"No, you didn't. You don't even know the worst of it." She said sadly. I knew that there was a lot she wasn't telling me.

"That sounds pretty bad. You sure that's not the worst thing?" I asked trying not to provoke her.

"Well, it depends on your perspective."

"You're right about that. Your perspective is different from mine because I barely know anything. You wanna see what my perspective is after I know everything?" I asked trying to find out more.

"Sure, but don't say I didn't warn you. I'll be very brief this first time and then go into detail later."

-----------------------------------------

Hello again! What do you think of the new perspective? I'm not going to go over everything Ace said to Gwen because we've heard it enough times. It will pick up after that. I hope you guys enjoyed! Don't forget to let me know if you did by voting or commenting. Thanks!

-RF