--Chapter Six--

"Yeah, this is a very good place to get one. It's a shame a bakery like this got robbed." Gwen responded naturally, my guess being used to talking about this with Daisy and I wanted to hear about it.

"Really!?" I asked with fake enthusiasm trying to make it seem like I didn't know, I didn't want to be a suspect for the 'New Ghost-Spider.'

"Yeah, just a few blocks from here actually. Apparently, someone who could sling on webs, was stronger than normal, and could crawl on walls walked into a bakery took a bag of money and just left. Not making a huge scene or doing any real damage." She continued earning a warning look from Daisy.

"Isn't there someone with those powers already, Ghost-Spider. So wasn't it just her?" I asked wondering how far Daisy would let me get before putting her foot down and sternly saying it wasn't her.

To my surprise, Gwen's eyes lost the playful glint they just had and narrowed slightly. I was so surprised that I completely overlooked the obvious reason why. I had not expected this reaction from her.

"Ghost-Spider is NOT a criminal!" She said sternly, "She is a hero and has done this city more good than it knows." She said defensively.

"And how would you know that? Now that I think about it you are probably the only person I've meet who would defend Ghost-Spider." I respond, the truth finally dawning upon me.

"I think Gwen is just trying to come from her point of view. I mean you wouldn't want to be accused and then chased for something you didn't do, right Gwen?" Daisy said quickly not giving Gwen the time to defend Ghost-Spider again. I think they were hoping that I hadn't noticed the slip-up, but I had. I was, however, going to play their little game of ignorance. The more I know, the more they will watch me, and I don't want that.

"Yeah, I get it, I guess I accused her too quickly, but I'm guessing that's what a lot of people will do." I respectfully responded.

"Sorry, I guess I don't like people who jump to conclusions. Thanks for not yelling back at me." She responds. I was about to change the subject when our donuts arrived. We all thanked the waiter and then started eating.

We sat in silence for a while, leaving me alone in my thoughts, the more I thought about it the more my conclusion of Gwen made sense. She hung out with Daisy, aka Quake leader of the Secret Warriors, Daisy was comfortable talking to her about classified superhero stuff, and she got defensive when I accused Ghost-Spider of things she didn't do. Her strange slip-ups only made sense if my conclusion was true. Gwen Stacy was Ghost-Spider.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I would recommend re-reading the previous chapter to remember where it left off. It would help a bit!

-RF