--Chapter Thirty-Three--

As soon as the light faded, I saw Ms

As soon as the light faded, I saw Ms. Marvel's eyes dart to Kevin lying on the couch. I guess Squirrel Girl told them about Kevin, and Ms. Marvel was someone who was told he was dead. Now he was alive and lying on a couch.

"So that's Kevin huh? Maybe we can get the NYPD to stop chasing Ghost-Spider when he explains his part of the story." Patriot said once he saw him.

"Maybe, but it might be hard to explain how they know each other without revealing her identity." Ms. Marvel pointed out.

"But they can't say she killed him anymore. At least that's something." Squirrel Girl said, bring up another good point.

"Would anyone care to explain who that is and why we have her and him in our base?" America asked motioning to me and Kevin. I was glad she did because I was also confused who Kevin was. I was not excited to explain my story, but I knew it was coming.

"The reason Ghost-Spider is a criminal in the NYPD's eyes, is because she was caught near the place Kevin 'died'." Quake started. By this point, Gwen had fallen asleep in the chair, so they had to explain.

"Squirrel Girl and I caught her one night, however, once she told us the truth we let her go." Ms. Marvel stated.

"Kevin was the only one who knew she was Ghost-Spider, and he was inhuman. He had his own powers and wanted to use them for good, like her. However, on their first patrol, he didn't show. She tracked his phone to the warehouse, she found him lying on the ground. Then Sheath showed up and she barely got away, because she didn't leave any marks Ghost-Spider got blamed for Kevin's death." Squirrel Girl rambled finishing Ms. Marvel's thoughts.

"Great, so he was dead but isn't anymore. Now, what is she doing here." America said nodding to me.

"Well..." Daisy started before getting cut off.

"No, I want to hear it from her." America said giving me a hard look.

"Well, how about I tell you my life tale then?" I asked sharing a look with Daisy.

"No, I just need to know what you're doing here." America said quickly.

"It all started when I awoke in a hospital bed." I started earning a groan from America. "With no memory of how I got there. I had no family and only knew I had been in a car crash. The police officer had been focusing on Ghost-Spider and not on the road. My parents died after two days and I was in a coma for ten."

"I was sent to an orphanage, and I didn't stay there for long. After eating I went up to the room I was assigned and went out the window. I had started to rain making the ledge slippery and I slipped and barely grabbed the ledge. However, when I tried to pull myself back up, I couldn't hold on. I started trying to find a handhold somewhere on the wall when I stopped falling. I had stuck to the wall."

When I said this, I earned gasps from everyone but Daisy. America started to move towards me when Daisy held out her hand to stop her.

"Let her continue." Daisy told her.

"Seriously?! We have Mimic in our base and you're telling me to let her continue? This could all be a lie, and you're acting like you trust her!"

"That's because I do. I know her story and I trust her. She did, after all almost die fighting with Gwen." Daisy said firmly. She then nodded for me to continue.

"After I panicked for a minute or two I went to explore where I was. I was alone and wanted revenge on Ghost-Spider. I came upon a newsstand and was looking at one when the guy running the stand just let me have one. This was when I realized my powers matched Ghost-Spider's. I then realized how to get your guys' attention.

"I started stealing money, the first was the little bakery. I left before there were too many people. I went to buy some clothes and then a donut, that's when I meet Daisy and Gwen for the first time. They slipped up and I figured out that Gwen was Ghost-Spider and Daisy was Quake."

"I was going to another place to steal more money when I saw a kid hanging from a balcony. I quickly saved him and then carried on like nothing happened. After I came out of the store, the kid approached me and distracted me, the cops coming dangerously close. I got caught in a net, and without knowing it I mimicked Quake's powers to get out of it.

"The cops chased me for a while before giving up. I landed in an ally behind some trash cans. I was thinking about something when I heard voices in the ally. It was Quake, Inferno, and Patriot. I had to think of a plan fast so I took off my sweatshirt and mask, then I webbed myself up. I had just finished when Quake came around the corner. I saw her raise her hands and then black."

"I still feel bad about that." Daisy said earning a chuckle from some of us.

"I woke up in Dante's room and then helped them figure out the clues I left them. Gwen came in on us and her eyes landed on the paper, I knew she had spotted the address and I was counting on it. When she was taking me around, she started going to the address. I told her I knew where I was when she saw the fire in the building. She rushed to help and told me to get help, in a way I did."

"She checked the first two floors and I was checking the third. She came up to find me in the last room with a boy and his grandfather. She took the grandfather down and I took the boy. I had given the boy my mask and put webs around my eye. As soon as he was safe, I went back to check the final floor. Gwen caught me when I didn't have my mask on and once we left the building we talked in an ally. I told her what I'm telling you now and had just finished when Sheath and Exile showed up."

"Gwen started fighting Sheath and Exile was about to attack her from behind when I stepped in. We fought for a while when Exile pinned me. Gwen tried to come help, but then Sheath pinned her. Gwen was trying to get up while they gloated, but when Exile handed me to Sheath I blasted her and tried to get away with Gwen. Before we could, Sheath threw one of her knives at us, Gwen was able to get out of the way but I was too slow. It hit me in my leg causing me to fall to the ground in pain."

"I don't remember everything that happened next, but I know Gwen brought me here." I finished. Our conversation didn't really matter, besides they would've found out about it if Gwen hadn't been taken.

"I don't believe it." America said skeptically.

"Believe what you want, but it's the truth." I told her.

"We know at least part of her story is true. Gwen told me the same thing happened in the ally, so that part checks out." Daisy told the team.

"We could ask Gwen when she wakes up to confirm the story. It would be hard to tell it twice with the length of it." Ms. Marvel said. The rest of the team nodded in agreement where Daisy just sighed.

"Guy, she wouldn't be here if I didn't trust her. Gwen told me what she knew about Ace, and it matches with what she told us now. She risked her life for Gwen and the people in the fire. She may have made some mistakes, but I know she's a good person." Daisy told them. I was glad at least someone in the room trusted me.

"Yeah and if saving someone several times doesn't earn their trust, I don't know what does." Gwen said from her chair. Apparently she had woken up sometime during my story. Most people in the room nodded in agreement. I knew at least some of them (if not all of them) didn't trust me fully, but I was glad they at least acted like they did. Well all except America, she shot me a death glare. I just shrugged at her in response.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again. See, it's not a cliffhanger, even though I'm sure you're dying to see what happens next. Something big for sure. I'll try to publish another chapter tomorrow, and sorry this one is a little late in the day. Until then, I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote if you did!

-RF