--Chapter Thirty-Seven--

It had been three days since I ran away from the Secret Warriors

It had been three days since I ran away from the Secret Warriors. I still slept in allies, but didn't steal anymore. I couldn't risk anything, not getting caught by the cops, or the Secret Warriors. I made money by playing the ukulele on the street, or if I was lucky, I could play in front of a restaurant after I asked the owner.

Tonight, I was playing in front of a simple restaurant. People were eating, and would come over when they were done or placed their orders. Some of them would throw money into my open case, and every now and again the waiter would give me a glass of water.

I quite enjoyed the owner of this restaurant, he was really nice and even offered to pay me if I entertained the customers. They had also offered me a meal. I had just started playing after I finished.

"They pushed me away, because they didn't trust me.

And in return I left, them,

I ran away from all of it all, scared to let my defenses fall.

I knew it was wrong, but I still ran,

To get away from them, while I knew I can.

Why does it have to be so hard? Now, I'm always on guard."

I sang this and went on to plucking singular notes on the strings. Tears came to my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. All of what I sang was true, but they didn't know that. They all thought it was some metaphor.

"I thought it was for the best, but I was wrong,

You made my day, but you'll never hear this song.

It's the sad truth I have to face,

But it was me who made it a reality.

You turned around and I was gone, now I'm here,

All gone."

I ended the song, earning a round of applause, I looked up, my eyes still holding tears, and I saw Gwen standing there.

When we were eating, whoever was playing started to sing another verse. My curiosity got the better of me and I stood up to go see who was singing. When I did see who was singing, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Ace.