--Chapter Forty-Six--

We were all caught by surprise when the fiery threat started

We were all caught by surprise when the fiery threat started. We felt the tremor and immediately went to check it out. We were even more surprised when we saw a young girl in the center of the street, with two teenage boys around her. That was when the lava started.

It came flying out of the sewers. Next, the ground trembled and then split open, creating trenches for the lava, all the while the girl and boys staying in the center of the chaos.

"Kevin, Inferno, Squirrel Girl, you go help evacuate the area. The rest of you go to the three in the center of all of this and make them stop this destruction." Quake ordered us.

"What are you going to do?" America asked.

"I'm going to try and minimize the tremors, if I can't I'll help evacuate." She responded. The rest of us nodded.

Patriot, Ms. Marvel, America, and I all started heading towards the middle, our first goal would be trying to figure out what was going on.

"You're doing great, but more tremors will cause a lot more damage!" One of the boys said to the girl.

"I'm trying C.J, but something's stopping them! Why aren't you and K.G helping me?" She responded to the boy, C.J.

"We told you, T! This is your initiation, you have to cause as much damage as you can. All we can do is give you suggestions and provide you with as much time as we can." The other boy responded. He must be K.G, leaving the girl to be T.

"Fine." She huffed as more magma spewed around us.

"Not on our watch!" I yelled as I flung myself at K.G. He fell to the ground with me on top of him, then in a flash I was the one on the ground.

"T, focus on creating damage, we'll deal with these punks," K.G said from on top of my back. He grabbed my wrists and twisted them behind my back. He had no intent to be gentle, his grip as strong as steel. Before I could even start to struggle in his grip, he stepped on my legs and forced my head to the ground.

"Not so tough now are you Ghost-Spider?" He taunted, twisting my wrists even more.

"Get off!" I yelled trying to free my arms, however, this only ended with my wrist in unbearable pain.

"Try that and you may break your wrists, oh and your friends won't be any help, C.J already has them occupied." He told me. He was right, if I tried to break free again I would break my wrists. But there was something I could move to get him off of me.

I quickly kicked my legs towards him, and I knew they hit him because his grip suddenly loosened and I was able to push him off and stand up.

"Not so tough now are ya?" I taunted him, rubbing my wrists.

"We'll see..." He told me mysteriously before there was a flash of light and I was knocked to the ground.

"How are you doing over there C.J?" K.G asked him, I was trying to get back up, but C.J kept 'flashing' and knocking me back down.

"Great, the only thing I need my copies for is keeping them away from you. I only summon them when they're getting too close." I heard him respond, I hoped the others came soon, I was struggling to keep getting up.

"T, once you cause enough damage we can go, these guys aren't going to get anywhere near you anytime soon," K.G called over to her while pinning me once again.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him. I was too tired to throw him off again, so I let my body relax as much as it could while he held my arms behind my back.

"It's initiation, and with her powers and the destruction she's caused already, I have no doubt that she'll pass." He responded casually, almost like this was normal.

"Initiation for what?" I asked as I tried to think of a way to get out of his hold. I couldn't come up with anything but keep him busy until the others come and help.

"That's top-secret, but all you need to know is-" He suddenly stopped when the lava stopped flowing and disappeared. When I looked up I saw that Ironheart had arrived and that she had stopped T.

"No no no no NO!" C.J yelled, pushing my face to the ground further. He grabbed my left wrist and pushed it back, causing me to cry out in pain. My vision started to blur, the pain becoming too much, I faintly heard a snap as more pain flooded my wrist.

Suddenly I felt his weight vanish, leaving me lying on the ground, clutching my left arm. It burned, I couldn't feel anything but pain. I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate on something other than my wrist, but it was all in vain.

"-en? Gwen! Come on Gwen!" I faintly heard someone's voice call. I pried open my eyes to see Kevin in front of me. I saw him relax a little when I opened my eyes.

I could see his lips moving, but his voice was too faint to hear what he was saying. I saw him close his eyes briefly before my wrist started to cool off. I knew he had iced it, to numb the pain.

"Thanks," I told him, already feeling a little better now that the pain was subdued.

"No problem, but we'd better go check on Quake." He said helping me up. It was nearly impossible for me to walk on my own, so he let me lean on him as we made our way to Quake.

"Is that who I think it is?" Inferno asked Quake once we reached her, I could barely see Ace behind her, everything still being a bit blurred.

"Yep, and boy am I glad she showed up. Riri, have you met Ace?" Daisy asked Riri.

"I think we've crossed paths once, right Riri?" Ace asked her with a wink.

"Yeah, I think so..." She responded with a laugh, I barely heard the rest of the conversation, just looking at Ace.

"I'd better get going. So long!" I heard her say, turning to walk away. However, before she could take a step, Daisy stopped her by stepping in her path.

"So you're just going to show up, save us, then leave?" She asked her, Ace simply shrugged before stepping around her.

"Yeah, I've got a life to get back too." She stated as she continued on, only pausing to turn around and look at Riri.

"Oh, here Riri," She said giving her a piece of paper.

"Thanks, but why do you have to leave? Can't you join the team?" She asked Ace, I was wondering the same thing.

"I have my reasons, besides, ask them. I'll see you on the flip side." She said to Riri with a wink before teleporting away.

"Well, that just happened." Ms. Marvel said after an awkward silence.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry about the late update, but enjoy Mimic while you can because as I've stated before, it's ending soon. I also don't have a lot of the Underground written, so it'll be a bit of a wait until I start updating that. I have a couple of stories in the works so maybe I'll show you guys one of those. One is a Young Justice story where there was a Supergirl clone as well as Superboy, so if you're interested in that, let me know and I can publish a chapter with the first episode. I'm almost done with the second episode so if I do end up publishing that, updates would be extremely slow. Again sorry about the wait, have a good day, night, or whatever's happening with you.

-RF