--Chapter Thirty-Four--

After that was settled, they all went to their rooms

After that was settled, they all went to their rooms. Before Gwen went to her room, she covered Kevin with a blanket. I grabbed a blanket and pillow and set them in a chair for me.

"Thank you." Gwen said out of nowhere.

"For what?" I asked her.

"Well, you helped save Kevin and you've saved me. You deserve much more than one thank you." She told me. I didn't know what to say, I never thought about it like that.

"I- wow." Was all I could manage.

"If Kevin wakes up, come and get me." She told me with a yawn, walking away.

I sat in the chair and put the blanket across my legs. I even with everything that had happened, I knew I wouldn't sleep. My mind was racing, and with thoughts going as fast as mine, it would almost impossible to fall asleep. I also wanted Kevin to be able to wake up and not panic.

I sat in the chair thinking, time passing fast. Soon I heard Kevin stirring, so I got up and walked over to him. When his eyes opened, I saw them dart around before landing on me. He tried to get up, but I put a hand on his shoulder and gently pushed him back down.

"Where am I? What's going on?" He asked me, fear in his voice.

"You're safe, but I need to go get someone before we continue talking." I answered him calmly. I got up and started walking down the hallway.

"Wait!" He called, I stopped in response. "Who are you getting? Who are you?"

"Relax, you'll know what's going on when I come back." I told him firmly while walking away.

I walked down the hallway to Gwen's room. I knocked softly before opening the door and walking in. Gwen was on the bed, still in her suit. She was fast asleep. I sighed as I walked over to her.

"Gwen," I said shaking her shoulder. She moaned in response. "Kevin's awake." I told her shaking her some more.

"What?" She mumbled sleepily starting to wake up.

"Kevin's awake. You know, the guy you wouldn't leave without, and was your best friend." I said to her.

"Kevin's awake?" She said still sleepy, then all of that vanished. "Oh my gosh! Kevin's awake!" She said springing up from the bed. She started towards the door to then look back at me.

"Come on Ace, it's about time you meet Kevin for real." She told me grabbing my hand and leading me out. I merely chuckled.

As soon as we were in sight of Kevin, he got to his feet and ran to embrace Gwen. I chuckled at this.

"Gwen, where are we? How did I get here? Who is she?" He started asking a lot of questions before Gwen shushed him.

"Relax. I know the answers to all of your questions, but I can't tell you if you won't let me talk." She told him, causing me to smirk.

"You're right." He admitted sheepishly.

"Now, to answer some of your questions, this is Ace, she helped to get both of us away from Hala. Remember the team I told you about? They came and rescued us. We're safe." She answered. This seemed to satisfy him because he sighed and flopped back onto the couch.

"How'd they do it?" He asked her. I guess he was talking about getting us out.

"From what I know, they used Lockjaw to teleport to me and bought Ace enough time to get me out of there. I told them about you, so we teleported to your cell and came here." She told him. I nodded along with what she was saying, confirming it to be true.

"Wow, I guess you were right. I don't know how long I was there, but it was a while. I can't believe your team got us out of there so fast. And I am very grateful." He told us looking both of us in the eyes.

"Well, we couldn't leave you on the ship. I know Daisy and Kamala will want to get everyone on that ship away from Hala, and knowing them, they'll do it." I told him.

"That's a relief, some of the kids on the ship have been there longer than me, and have no hope." He said the last part quietly, like the more it was said, the truer it was.

"Yeah, but for now, maybe you could join the team and help us. And after we go get something to eat, we can tell the police that you aren't dead." She told him, it was then that I realized how hungry I was. Glancing at my watch I saw that it was only 6:47 a.m.

"Yeah, why don't we go get something to eat, then we can make a plan for telling everyone." I said, not truly voicing my thoughts.

I truly thought that going out and telling everyone Kevin wasn't dead wouldn't work too well. They would ask questions about how he had been found, and why he was the only one found at that time. It would get too personal and risk Gwen's identity, not to mention my own. It would be easier to explain everything if we got everyone off the ship, then we could stick somewhat close to the truth.

"Okay." Gwen responded shrugging, "Now let's go eat!"

-------------------------------------------------------

Say hello to a filler chapter. This was just a passing of time, but I have big plans for the next chapter. This showed emotions that will help the story make sense later, like ten chapters later. Also, do you know who Sumereii ships in this story? Ace and America. It's because they fight all the time, a little more in the next chapter too. If you don't see it, or want it, don't worry. As far as I'm planning there isn't going to be major romantic moments. Either way, I hope you enjoyed and I may need to talk to someone about another banner for chapter forty-six...

-RF