--Chapter Twenty--

"What the?! How did this happen?" I asked completely confused

"What the?! How did this happen?" I asked completely confused. That was the place I was supposed to go steal from to get Ghost-Spider's attention.

"You think it's Mimic?" She asks. "That's the address she left clues to."

"I don't think so. She's only stolen money, why would she go straight to lighting a fire?" I responded trying not to freak out. People could be getting hurt.

"I'm going to go help, go get more help." Gwen said running to go help.

"Okay! Stay safe." I said running towards the nearest ally. Someone surely already called the fire department, and the cops too. I needed to get in there and start getting people out. I had an opportunity to help and I would.

As soon as I got in the ally, I ran up the wall while putting on my sweatshirt and mask. As soon as I reached the top I stowed my bags and started jumping from building to building rushing to the hotel.

As soon as I was close enough I shot a web and used the momentum to swing to the roof. I opened the door and ran down the stairs to two floors down from the roof.

The hotel had about four floors, the fire looked like it was on the third. The people on the fourth floor should've heard the fire alarm and went up to the roof to go down the fire escape. At least that's what I hoped as I ran down the stairs to the third floor instead of the fourth.

As I made it to the third floor I immediately found it harder to breathe because of the smoke. It was hard to see and burning hot too. My mask helped make it easier to breathe, but I knew I couldn't stay there forever.

I went door to door helping people get out. I would help in whatever way I could, like carrying them over the flames when they were too hot to move out of the way. I had two doors left when I saw Ghost-Spider, I guess she had already helped people from the floors below.

"You take that room, I'll take this one," I said to her, quickly dashing into the last room before she could argue. I could hear people crying from the corner of the room. When I looked in that direction I saw a wall of flames reaching to the ceiling, it was the worst fire I'd seen getting people out.

I took a quick look around the room for something to protect my hands as I'd done before, but I couldn't find anything. I knew this had been where the fire started, so I needed to get these people out soon.

I took off my sweatshirt putting wrapping my hands with it. I walked over to the corner where I had heard the crying, it had gotten quieter but it was still there.

"I'll get you out I promise! Get away from the beam, I'm going to lift it away and I don't want to hit you." I yelled over the noise from the fire. I waited a second before bending down and grabbing it.

I immediately felt the heat burning the cloth, hotter than anything before. I cried out as it started burning my hands as lifted it up and away from whoever was behind it. I threw the beam away and turned back to the corner, unwrapping my sweatshirt from my hands. I had bad burns from what I could tell, but I couldn't let that stop me. I saw the boy I had saved from falling before, and an older man unconscious in the boy's lap.

"Please! Help him." He cried to me desperately.

"I'll do my best but we have to get you both out of here." I said looking him in the eye.

"I'll take the man out, you get the boy." I heard from the doorway. I turned to see Ghost-Spider walking towards us. "I'll be faster. You look pretty banged up."

"Thanks, I don't know how long they've been here. I'll come back and do a sweep on the top floor. You're welcome to join if you want."

"I'll meet you there." She said as she lifted the man up, running out of the room.

"Is she going to help Grandpa?" The boy asked in a raspy voice.

"Yes, but what's your name?" I asked him.

"Ash."

"Well Ash, you don't sound too good. The smoke is thick. I'm going to give you my mask okay?"

"What 'bout you? Don't you need it?"

"You've been here longer than me, you need it more. Besides, I'll be in and out." I responded as I put the mask on him. "Now climb onto my back and hold on tight."

As he did so I was walked to the window. I opened it when I reached it, wincing from the pain in my hands as I did so. There was no time to take the stairs, so I crawled out the window and started making my way down. I kept my head away from the people below to conceal my face.

The way down was slow because of my burns, but I went as fast as I could to get Ash down on the ground and sweep the final floor. As my feet touched the ground I slid Ash to the ground then shot webbing making a mask around my eyes.

"Go find your grandpa Ash, and stay safe." I said to him. I then shot a web and swung my way to the top.

-------------------------------------------

Well, there's another chapter. Sorry, it's a little late. I will not continuously update this every day, but I'll try not to leave you guys hanging. Until next time!

-RF