--Chapter Eleven--

When I woke up the next day I had tears in my eyes, for another memory had come to me while I slept

When I woke up the next day I had tears in my eyes, for another memory had come to me while I slept. It was the little girl, I'm assuming it was myself, standing in front of her parents playing the ukulele and singing the song with it. I was still as mad as ever at Ghost-Spider, and I now had an urgency in luring her into my trap. I had one more target before I expect them to find the hint to my next attack. I would be taking care of that today.

I grabbed the ukulele and it's case containing all my belongings, then started walking to the general direction of the place, strumming the ukulele in my hand with the case on my back. I was so focused on getting to my destination that I didn't realize the crowd following me, attracted to my music.

I just kept strumming my mind in a different place and humming a melody. After about twenty minutes of walking, I had pretty much reached my destination, but when I turned around I was quite surprised to see about twenty-five people following me, and when I sat down on a bench and set the case down people started putting money on top of it.

While my fingers kept strumming my mind was buzzing with possibilities. Whatever experience I had from the ukulele from my childhood, was earning me a lot of money. Once I finished the 'song' I was playing people clapped, some walked away while others stayed in the vicinity hoping to hear another piece.

I looked at the money, then picked it up and started counting it. The final count I had was $44.83. I was shocked. That was enough money to either buy a really nice breakfast or two decent meals. This got me thinking, I can't just steal money forever, I needed some sort of other income. Could this be it? I got about $45 from just strumming and humming one tune, how much could I get if I did more, or even sung a song? This way, I wouldn't need to steal every other day to make a living. I then decided that this was a great idea.

I felt really bad about robbing people, so what if I gave their money back? I could give them what I stole and a little more, with a note. The note would inform them that I had borrowed their money, and the amount in the bag would be what I stole and then some. I would ask them to keep it quiet so I wouldn't draw too much attention.

Thinking to myself that this could work, I gathered up my belongings and set off for a shop to buy myself a backpack, after all, I needed a place to keep my clothes if I was going to set out the case for the money.

-------------------------------------------------

So, sorry about no update yesterday. The thing is I have to share a computer with my family so I won't always be able to get to it. To make it up to you, I'll post another chapter right after this one. Sound good? Good.

-RF