--Chapter Twenty-Five--

When my vision cleared, I found myself in Ghost-Spider's arms

When my vision cleared, I found myself in Ghost-Spider's arms. She was slinging through the air. She was focused on what was in front of her, no doubt trying to getaway. I focused on the feeling of the air on my skin to stay conscious. We soon landed and she rushed us into a building. Then we started to move down. I then realized we were in the garage, going down to the base.

I felt us stop at the bottom. I could tell she was speaking, but her voice sounded distant and far away. She set me on the couch and took off her mask. She looked down at me and started speaking. Her voice was clearer, but I still couldn't make out what she was saying.

She looked up and started to walk away, but before she could I grabbed her arm. She nodded in understanding. She moved over slightly making

room for Daisy. They both had a worried look in their eyes. I could see them talking and their voices were slowly becoming easier to hear. I soon could make out everything they were saying. They were more quiet than normal, but I could still hear them.

"She's really pale and barely holding on." Daisy said to Gwen.

"She's still awake which is surprising. She was exhausted when it hit her. Kevin wasn't as fortunate." Gwen responded sadly.

"How did this happen?" Daisy asked.

"Exile and Sheath surprised us and wanted me for Hala's army. She did the best she could when we started fighting, but when Sheath threw her life-sucking-knife, she couldn't get out of the way in time." Gwen explained avoiding the real reason we were there. She glanced down at me when she finished.

"We'll talk more later, but right now we need to help her." Daisy said nodding to me.

"I'll be fine in a while." I said while moving myself into a more comfortable position. They both looked at me surprised.

"Are you sure? When other people have been hit head-on with those knives they normally, die." Daisy put bluntly.

"Wow, way to be brutally honest." I reply.

"Well, I guess you are feeling better then." Daisy said with a laugh.

"I told you." I state with a smirk.

"Well then, Gwen you said they surprised you in the ally right? Then why were you in your suit?" Daisy questioned. Gwen glanced at me, like she was asking what she should tell Daisy.

"Just tell her the truth." I told her.

"Are you sure?" Gwen asked me. I nodded. So Gwen explained everything. Our talk, the fire, my identity, and what really happened in the ally.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in." Daisy said with a sigh.

"That's all you're gonna say? I thought you'd yell or something." I responded truthfully.

"Believe me I want to, however that wouldn't do any good. I'm glad that you weren't the one who started the fire, but mad that you didn't tell us the truth." She said looking at me.

"Give her a break, she was only doing what she had to." Gwen said defending me.

"She's not the only one who did something wrong. You should've called for backup when Exile and Sheath showed up, then we could've helped, or at least know they escaped so we could start scanning for Exile's energy signature. You should've used your head." Daisy scolded.

"Well, we could lure them in with something." I suggested.

"What do you mean?" Daisy asked facing me.

"We know they want Gwen right? If we start up the program to track them when he teleports we'll know where he goes. All we have to do is lure them in, and when they escape we'll know where they went." I explained.

"So if we used Gwen as bait with the program on my phone running, whenever they go back through the portal we'll be able to track them back to Hala." Daisy summed up.

"Wait, you're actually thinking about this? All you have to do is turn on your program and wait for Exile to turn up. We don't need to use me as bait!" Gwen exclaimed.

"We can't just wait until he attacks again. If we use you as bait we know you can take care of yourself if they show up. We can't risk someone else getting hurt or taken to Hala. You're the only option we have." Daisy countered.

"Fine." She said with a sigh. "So what do I do? Just go off somewhere alone. If I do that the police will come after me."

"We'll figure it out later, but it's getting late. You should go home and act normal and tomorrow afternoon we'll make a plan. I'll take care of Ace." Daisy said leading her to the ramp.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." Gwen said as the platform started rising.

-----------------------------------------

There, another chapter. Sorry, it's a little late. I had some things come up today and was exhausted when I got back. I hope you enjoyed, another chapter will hopefully be out tomorrow. Get ready for Wednesday! As of me writing this, there are 45.5 hours left until it premieres. So excited!

-RF