--Chapter Twenty-Four--

"Wow

"Wow. You weren't kidding." I said once she was done. I wanted to say more but wasn't sure what to say.

"Well, I warned you. Blacking out has also become something that happens more than it should." She said with a bitter laugh.

"Comes with the territory. Thanks for changing my perspective." I said facing her.

"No problem."

"Well that was all nice and sentimental, but that's not what I came here for." A voice I recognized said from behind us. I put my mask back on before facing him.

"Exile? How did you get out?" I asked once I turned around.

"Exile? Really?" Ace asked to no one in particular.

"I know right?" I answered her remembering the first time I heard his name.

"Go ahead and laugh while you can. You don't have long." He said right before disappearing into one of his portals.

"Stay alert, he'll be back. He wouldn't just appear and disappear for no reason." I warned her.

"You're right. He just got me to even the playing field." A voice I knew all too well responded.

"Sheath." I said in a low voice, putting as much hate as I could into her name.

"No one to save you now. It's time to squash you like the bug you are."

"You couldn't beat me before, what makes you think you can now?" I responded.

"Because Exile and I want vengeance, you can't defeat both of us. Not with her." She said nodding in Ace's direction.

"Just watch me." I told her getting ready to fight.

"That's a show I'd pay for, if it even existed." Exile said popping behind us as he knocked me to the ground.

"Don't count me out yet." Ace said, then webbing him to the ground.

"Thanks." I said getting up. Then I attacked Sheath started.

Time passed quickly as we fought. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Exile pin Ace to the ground.

"Ace!" I cried. As I tried to go help her Sheath knocked me to the ground.

"What was that about beating us?" Sheath asked me mockingly.

"Let her go! She has no part in this!" I said while struggling to break out of Sheath's hold.

"She does now. Hala wants new recruits, she sent us after you but she's an added bonus." Exile said smugly.

"Why me? I would never fight for Hala!" I yelled still trying to get up.

"We have something that might convince you otherwise. Also, you'll help us convince another recruit. Says he won't fight, but we know he'll do anything for you." Exile said with a laugh at the end.

"Who are you talking about?" I questioned him. I wondered if he was talking about Kevin. I dismissed the thought because Sheath killed him.

"You'll find out soon enough." Sheath replied.

"Now enough questions, it's time to bring you in." Exile said ending the conversation.

I saw Exile life Ace to her feet and soon Sheath did the same with me. He shoved Ace to Sheath, so he could open the portal. Ace took this opportunity to blast Sheath with what I was assuming to be Quake's powers. Sheath was forced to the wall dropping me.

"Come on! Let's get out of here!" Ace said helping me up.

"Not so fast!" Sheath proclaimed throwing one of her energy knives at us. I quickly ducked out of the way, but I saw it hit Ace's leg. She fell onto the ground, crying out in pain.

I webbed Sheath and Exile to the wall in one fluid motion and scooped her up as I started swinging away.

-----------------------------------------------

There, now we're all caught up. I want to thank everyone who has shown support on this story. Whether it was voting, commenting, or adding it to your reading lists. The next chapter will reveal what will happen to Ace, then some more problems after that. I will try to post every day in honor of "Battle Of The Bands." It should be possible. If I don't I apologize in advance. Once again thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed!

-RF