My fault

We went home in silence, both of us looking straight forward and crying.

I decided to break the silence. "This is all my fault isn't it?" I ask, my voice shaking.

What did we do wrong? We were so careful and sensitive. The worst thing about this is that, it completely broke Shaynes heart, and I saw it.

He parked infront of our house and turned to me, looking me in the eyes with his teary blue ones.

"It's not your fault. It was an accident" his voice was breaking and I opened the doors, giving him a sad look. "Let's just go to sleep"

I don't think I can handle it all in the middle of the night. I walked out and on the rain before I started crying again. It all fell apart because of me.

I feel his hand on my shoulder and he turns me around, pulling me in a strong and warm hug. I cried and sobbed loudly in his shoulder.

"Don't you dare think it's your fault." He whispered gently as the cold rain poured on us.

I leaned on his chest,my hands around him tightly. "It'll be alright. Just calm down" he whispered parting away and putting a warm kiss on my forehead.

I let go of him and walk in our warm house. I take off my jacket and let him lock the doors before I sat down on the couch. This really happened.

I looked down and felt his hand on my shoulder. "Go to sleep honey. I don't want you to be tired tomorrow for hearing cry the whole night" I reply without thinking.

He kneeled infront of me and took both of my hands. "Max, when I married you, I knew we'll have our ups and downs. This is definitely a down. And I swore I'll be there with you whatever happens. I don't care what you tell me, I'll be there" I tried not to cry.

I opened my arms and he pulled me in a hug "Let's go to sleep honey" he whispered and I nodded, before he picked me up bride style making me smile.

We changed into our pyjamas and removed the bloody sheets, then replaced them. I couldn't sleep with that reminder on my mind.

I laid down snd Shayne pulled me in a strong hug. "Calm down and sleep Maxine. You need it" he rarely used my name and I knew he was serious.

I hugged him back and burried my head in his neck, letting a few tears fall down my cheeks again. He rubbed my back gently and I soon fell asleep crying in Shayne's arms.

<Next morning>

I woke up and rubbed my eyes for a bit. I rubbed away my dried tears off of my cheeks.

I opened them to see I'm hugging a pillow, which was still wet from my tears.

I put in my bathrobe to warm me up and walk down the stairs, seeing Shayne getting dressed.

I look at the clock to see it's almost 8 am. "Why didn't you wake me up?!" I panicked before he took my hand and pulled me in a hug.

"You're not going anywhere. I want you to rest. I'll go and tell them. Don't worry and go back to sleep if you're tired" he said rubbing my back and pressing me to his chest.

I part from him and put my hand in his soft cheek. "Thank you" I say and he pressed a gentle kiss on my lips. "Anything for you"he said grabbing his coat and putting it on.

"See ya honey" he said and I waved to him as he left.

I don't know what I'd do without him.

<Shayne's POV>

I can't believe this happened. And after everything I told her she still blames herself.

But it's not her fault. It was a mistake and mistakes happen.

My heart got scratched but I'd rather loose a baby than loose Max, she's my everything and I'm so glad to have her be my wife.

As I drive into the parking lot of our office, I notice I started crying. I wipe away the tear and walk straight in.

I took in a deep breath before I start getting nervous or start crying. I walk into our room and I look at all of four, who gave me all the same looks.

"You okay Shayne?" Noah spoke up first. I sat down on the couch and looked down "No"

I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Courtney and the trio sit around me. "What happened?" She asked. Hoof here we go.

"Last night, Max woke up in pains... And the sheets were bloody" I started looking straight, avoiding eyes contact.

"I rushed her to the hospital instantly. We were really worried" I add and feel them staring at me.

"Then the doctor came... And said we lost... Our baby" I was close to a breakdown. I looked down and burried my head in my hands, my fingers going through my hair.

I feel them tap my shoudlers or back, trying to calm me down. "And she thinks it her fault but it was an accident"

"Give ger time. It's a big shock. Go home and be with her, we'll tell Ian" Olivia said and I looked up at them.

"You sure guys?" I ask, my voice still shaky.

"Don't worry Shayne. That's what we're here for" Keith said before they all pulled me in a hug.