ALL ALONE ( OC )

TITLE: All ALone
LOVE INTEREST: Your choice
BOOK/MOVIE: other
OC NAME: Alden Paxton
FACE CLAIM: Corey Fogelmanis
TAKEN BY: N/A

TITLE: All ALoneLOVE INTEREST: Your choiceBOOK/MOVIE: otherOC NAME: Alden PaxtonFACE CLAIM: Corey FogelmanisTAKEN BY: N/A

DESCRIPTION

"It's all in my head, is it? So Laury, Felicia, Victor, the Joker and Luke are all hallucination, they are not real?"

SUMMARY

Alden may be seen as a shy boy by people that didn't know him but his close friends knew how talkative and imaginative Alden was. His friends would describe him as a loyal bloke who was passionate about being a muggle actor, he knew all of the most famous directors and their works. He was a walking muggle movie encyclopedia. 

Alden started in his seventh year to feel uneasy but kept a fake smile in front of his friends to masks how he really felt inside. He was constantly tired and easily distracted. He felt like everyone was picking on him and talking behind his back. 

He kept all bottling up inside him until the last straw when he found himself in the Astronomy Tower ready to jump. The worse had been avoided and Alden had been transported to St-Mungos for further investigation until Alden was diagnosed with schizophrenia.       

NOTES

- Alden has schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal behaviour, strange speech, and a decreased ability to understand reality. Other symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices that do not exist, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and lack of motivation. People with schizophrenia often have additional problems such as anxiety, depression, or substance-use disorder. Symptoms typically come on gradually, begin in young adulthood, and, in many cases, never resolve (taken from wiki).

- Schizophrenia can be treated (or at least help) with medication and counseling, not everyone can be healed. Between 30 and 50 of people with schizophrenia fail to recognize they are ill and will never get treatment. 

-Schizophrenia is mostly linked with hearing voices, seeing people who don't exist and having trouble speaking. Men are most likely to have this illness and it develops during late teen years and early adult life.

- Alden schizophrenia's symptoms have resurfaced in his seventh year. Here are some of his symptoms and how Alden has them:

--Hallucinations: He heard voices in his head and created characters and act them out to his friends, which his friends thought he was creative and practicing to be a muggle actor. He sometimes talked with no one but people thought he was practicing lines.

-- Reduced social engagement: He was off in his own bubble with his hallucinations near the incident. He met his friends when he was young and stayed close to them and was closed/shy to others

--Paranoia: Near the incident, Alden feels as if everyone is talking behind his back but it is his hallucinations whom he hears in his head. 

- The incident where he gets transported to St-Mungos. Alden has been hearing voices in his head and his hallucinations keep telling him to end his life. Having enough of hearing these voices, he runs to the Astronomy tower. His friends see him and follow him, they notice he is acting weird and go get their head of household. They arrive in time to save Alden and he is sent to St-Mungos to understand what just happened. St-Mungos healed suspects Alden has schizophrenia and request that Alden stays for six months to make some tests. During this time his friends visit him at the beginning but in the end, only Mel Be stays by his side. 

- Only 30 to 50% of people with schizophrenia recognize they are ill and get treatment (medication and counseling), so I'll leave it to you if Alden recognize he is schizophrenic, but it would be more interesting if he indeed recognized his illness because you could go on about Alden's life and the struggles of living after the diagnostic (taking the medication and being ready to be in the public again). 

- The group of friends are all seventh year in Hufflepuff, it's up to you if Alden and Mel Be have a thing because the main point of this plot is to raise awareness for mental health. Alden is friend with Mel Be (which stays by his side after he is known to be schizophrenic), Trent and Sydney (both of them stop visiting Alden after a while and stop being friend with him because that is very wrong but still happens in real life).

-This plot is dedicated to my friend who is schizophrenic. Ça ne doit pas être facile de vivre en étant schizophrène, tu es fort et inspirant d'avoir reconnu que tu étais malade et d'avoir suivi les traitements, je te souhaite du bonheur et de la santé!

-The MsMarauders community is making plots for mental illness as May is mental health awareness month. Mental health needs to be talked about and discussed. It's something that people go through. It should not be stuffed away and dealt with by yourself. You are never alone

( plot by Kit )