FRAGMENTS (Regulus Black) ✓

TRIGGER WARNING
This plot is about Dissociative Identity Disorder and focuses on severe trauma and abuse.

TITLE: Fragments
LOVE INTEREST: Regulus Black
BOOK/MOVIE: Marauder's Era
OC NAME: Emery Seymour (I literally generated a name so you can change it)
FACE CLAIM: I don't know about Emery, but Regulus is Timothée Chalamet and you can fight me on that
TAKEN BY: @mxnlightbae

TITLE: FragmentsLOVE INTEREST: Regulus BlackBOOK/MOVIE: Marauder's EraOC NAME: Emery Seymour (I literally generated a name so you can change it)FACE CLAIM: I don't know about Emery, but Regulus is Timothée Chalamet and you can fight me on thatTAKE...

DESCRIPTION
"I just wanted to ask if you maybe wanted to go with me to Hogsmeade this weekend?"

"Aren't you the guy who pushed me over yesterday?"

".....No?"

SUMMARY
If you dropped a glass bowl and it shattered into a bunch of smaller fragments, then what?

NOTES
-Prepare yourself cause these notes are long. The first half will go in depth on the mental disorder Regulus has, and then I will go into actual ideas for the story

-This plot has to do with a mental illness called Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID for short, and formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder). It is an extremely complex mental disorder, which is why I was hesitant to write about while we were doing mental health awareness last May

-People with DID are made up of alters. They have one host (The host is not to be mistaken as the 'original person' or the 'owner' of the body. They are the alter who fronts, or controls the body, the most) and any other "personalities" are referred to as alters (alternate states of mind)

-Someone with DID has at least two alters (including the host), but someone could hypothetically have 100 alters in a functioning system (a person may refer to their group of alters as a 'system')

-Alters are formed after the person faces extreme trauma that they cannot mentally handle. This alter will appear or be created for the purpose of defending the host from this specific scenario. For example, if someone faced verbal abuse to the point they felt they couldn't handle it, then an alter may appear to protect the host from it. This alter will front when the host is once again being faced with verbal abuse or something similar.

-Alters can be triggered both positively and negatively. Going off of my previous example, if someone raises their voice then that alter might be triggered and decide to front.

-Alters are their own person. They have a name, a gender, an age, a sexual orientation, and even know what they would look like if they had a physical form. There's also different roles that alters can play in a system.

-That's the simplest way I could explain it, but I would highly suggest researching DID if you're interested in writing the plot, because there is so much more to this disorder.

-Something else I forgot to mention was Dissociative Amnesia. Unless the host is co-conscious, then they will not remember the events that happened when someone else was fronting.

-Now onto the actual story..

-My poor baby Reg has a lot of trauma. In this story, Walburga and Orion are very abusive in their parenting, and not just towards Sirius. Regulus had his first alter appear after a particularly bad beating from Orion. I want this alter to be female, and her role's protector. You can name her and everything, but she's a badass and very short tempered

-However, because her job is to protect Reg from the trauma, he does not know it happened. He basically blacks out until everything's settled down and he doesn't remember anything. He does not know she exists until later on

-I want him to have more than the one alter, but we can work that out separately

-By the time Regulus is in his sixth/seventh year, he has a well functioning system, but he still doesn't know something's up. He goes through the majority of his day, but if he gets stressed over something than someone else will front. If someone messes with him in the corridor and he feels threatened, then another alter will front. And so on.

-So, referring to the description, when Regulus has had a particularly bad day and the alter who I said was a badass and short tempered is fronting, they run into Emery. Emery calls after him and asks for an apology or something, and then Regulus/The protector says something snarky.

-Flash forward and Regulus, who has a major crush on Emery, builds up the confidence to ask her out, but obviously doesn't remember that his alter had been rude to her.

-The summary is just a metaphor to Regulus and how his alters are just a bunch of fragments making up him (the original glass bowl)

-I hope I haven't completely lost you by now

-So basically, Emery and Regulus become really close and start dating. Regulus' alters are not all sure that it's a good idea, but ultimately don't do anything about it

-After a month or so into their relationship, Regulus' triggered by something and a very defensive alter goes off on Emery, giving her quite the scare because that's not her Reg

-She cries and shit cause his words were hurtful, but she can tell somethings off so she stays and calms him down. After awhile when Regulus is able to front, he states that he doesn't remember yelling at her at all

-Emery helps research his symptoms, and once they've got a general idea of what he has, his alters actually communicate with them

-I haven't yet decided if Regulus goes off to be a death eater, or if he dies when getting the locket. So we can discuss those details later as well.

-I'm sorry this is so long but this is a really complex disorder and I didn't even cover a quarter of what it's all about. But if you're interested in the plot you can comment or dm me, and there we can go over it more!

-Also I'm half asleep right now so if this makes zero sense then I'm sorry...

( plot by Tuft )