Chapter 17

Kara and Mon-el looked at some apartments or villa's so that Owen could run around in as he gets older.

"What about this one, its three bedrooms, two bathrooms, has a yard and is very close to the city," Mon-el said as Kara leaned on his shoulder and looked through the pictures. "Yeah I guess," she said trying to be interested, Mon-el sighed "Kara what's wrong?" Mon-el asked shutting the computer looking into her eyes. "I don't know, why I am not interested I mean, with my earnings this year, I could buy the whole building, but I don't want to," she told him. "Kara you do realise that it's ok to be selfish sometimes, particularly when it comes to you and your son, and me," he said giving her a cheeky smile. "You think?" She asked, "Of course Kara you are such a selfless person you deserve to be a little selfish, and I bet Cat would like that too, maybe she could help out?" Mon-el questioned, "Um yeah I guess she said she was in town this weekend, did you want to meet my big boss?" Kara asked Mon-el "Sure," he said without hesitation. They both smiled as Kara messaged Cat, getting a response right away tell her to meet at Noonan's for lunch and to bring Owen, written in bold capital letters.

__________

Kara, Mon-el and Owen in the stroller Walked into Noonan's, seeing a table that was labelled Cat Grant letting them know that they were meeting here her. The waitress sat them down while they waited for Cat. As usual, she came 'fashionable late'

She immediately picked Owen up sitting him on her lap while they ordered their lunch. "So is there something you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked Kara, "Um well I wanted to upgrade to more of a house, so Owen had a place to play and run around, and maybe get him a pet for him," Kara said. "I'm assuming that you are going to move in with her?" Cat asked considering how close they were sitting and holding each other. "Um we have been living together for 2 months now, but yes, we have being thinking of upsizing but I don't want to upsize to something big, more mediocre, somewhere close to the city" she asked Cat. "so you are close to work, a school and also with 'Supergirl'" she said whispering. I nodded. "Well, I cirtinall an give you some recommendations, and help you find a place," she told them "Thank you," Kara said Cat nodded. "No worries, now how about we have something to eat and we can go searching for a new home for you," she said waving over a waitress. "Mrs Grant what can I get you?" The waitress asked "The usual Salad," she said with a smile "and what would you like?" She asked Kara and Mon-el "I'll have the pork dim sum, and I get some fires for my son, and apple juice," Kara told the waitress. She nodded and looked at Mon-el "I'll have a burger and fries" he said the waitress nodded "your drinks will be right over" she told them all, they nodded and continued talking.

"there is something else I can tell, you're not..?" She asked.

"No..um I just..I am feeling stuck I feel like I'm not living up to your expiation" Kara told Cat "I am a disappointment" she said "Kara you the same as me when I was young, I can understand it, you have a one and a half-year-old son, plus you have your hearing" she explained to Kara. She nodded "I am going to be in National city for a couple of months help my son into a new boarding school I will be happy to help you get back on track." Cat told Kara. "Thank you," Kara said.

_______

Lunch was over quickly and Owen was very good eating his chips and come of Chris's salad from his burger.

"So the first one I think you might like is just out of the city but close to schools and Cat CO," Cat said, the two adults nodded and followed her in two her stand by the relator, that would be going round to multiple houses with them. "How many bathrooms and bedrooms is this?" Kara asked "Four bedrooms two bathrooms" the realtor explained showing them through the house. "So this one has a nice back yard and the Owen has just recently put a jacuzzi in, with a mini bar, so with all that there isn't much space for a child to run around, but if you buy this property, you can put a fence up around the front and you will have a closed in back yard. She told them. Kara and Mon-el both nodded.

After a few houses that were just on the outskirts of the city the second one stood out to Kara the most, it was open with the kitchen, and living area, had a fair size back yard and all the bedrooms where up the top, it seemed small from the outside, but it was a nice place, it included a theatre room and a jacuzzi.

"So have a think about it and let me know if you want a second look at any of the places and we can arrange a time to catch up, and go through prices." She said "Thank you, Shelby," Kara said as they all shook her hand as they left while she was left to lock up.

"Soo?" Cat asked

"I like the second home," Kara tells Cat. "Really, I thought the third one was more you," Cat said. The third home was much like the second, just not including, the Jacuzzi and theatre room, it was a little smaller but liveable.

"What about you Mike?" Cat asked

"This one, the trees make it homier, plus I think I would like to build a nice tree house with Owen in the front yard," Mon-el said, Kara rubbed his back, smiling at the fact that he was wanting to build a tree house for Owen. Cat nodded. "Well, Kara I will see you on Monday, have a good weekend," Cat told Kara and Mon-el. Walking away from them while Mon-el strapped Owen in. Kara watched him and smiled, she knew deep down that he was amazing with him and that he was the one, but she was so scared from her past relationships that when things got hard with Owen, they would leave because they couldn't deal with disciplining a kid, and she wanted to believe that with Mon-el she just needed more time to see if would stick around.

Kara sat in the car at the steering wheel.

"You ok?" He asked her.

"Yeah" she replied Mon-el sighed

"Kara something is wrong," he told her

"I just don't want to buy something and then have something happen to us, I mean yes I want a yard for him and as he got older, I probably would have upsized," Kara said going on to ramble. "Kara," he said getting her attention. "Yeah" she replied "other than this Kara is a house your biggest purchase?" He asked her. She nodded slowly. "Ok, well you don't have to let them know right away have a think about it and Cat won't be mad if you don't go with the agent," mon-el said rubbing her back. She smiled he was always able to calm her down.