Chapter 40

Authors POV

Kara sat at her desk, rubbing her stomach, breathing out. "Babies, please don't make mummy go to the bathroom again. I have so much to do" she whispered to herself. Kara carefully gets herself up out of her chair not bothering to put he shoos back on. "Kia, Ally I'm off to the bathroom again," Kara said annoyance in her tone. "Can I also get something to eat, my babies and I are Hungary, burger, milkshake, chips oh and lots of potstickers?" Kara said happily. "Of course" Kia replied.

"While Kara was off to the bathroom, they got on of the interns that sits with them to go get the food while, Paige, Nia and a few of the other co-workers came into her office to set up a makeshift going away baby shower. Kara walked back from the female bathroom. With the remaining super-hearing that she had. She smiled at the fact that her friends and colleagues wanted to do this for her.

Kara came back to see a few of her employees looking at her, giving her smiles and started to follow her. When she walked closer a smiled plated on her face that she could see colours balloons, they had the traditional colours, but they also had green, purple, yellow, red. Nia, Kia ally and Paige new that since they were at her family and close friends baby shower, they didn't reveal the gender but allowed everyone to bet, the gender, names and the date of the birth. With the money that everyone came with and betted on, Kara said that she would double it, since it wasn't that much money, putting towards a charity of the person who one, and that what they did at Cat Co They would donating the money to help aliens set up their lives in National City, sort of like a shelter for refugee aliens.

The overly pregnant female CEO walked closer to her office; many of the employees on the floor came in. "Guys you didn't have to," Kara said happily also shocked that her employees would do this for Kara. "We wanted to, we know you already had a baby shower with your family, this is from us" Nia spoke, as a few of the interns came in with diapers and a variety of new baby items.

"Thank you so much, this is amazing" Kara gushed, smiling walking towards all the gifts. "Kara whats doing to happen while you are gone." One worker asked

"I will be working from home, from tomorrow. Once I have had my babies, I am off for a month or two but will try to answer your emails, and will come in when I can. As for printing, editing Nia, and Kia ally will be there to help the editing and printing team." Kara finished. Her colleagues nodded.

The boss and her colleagues spent time in her office that wasn't meetings, talking about Baby names, due dates, if Kara and Mon-el were going to have a boy or girl or two of the genders.

When the day came to an end, all the employees gave their boss a walk of honour. Nia and Kia took everything that her co-workers gave to Kara helping her to the car, seeing her off, for a few months.

When Kara left all she could think was what they would be doing tomorrow if they would be in a mess or if they would be having a party with their boss not being there.

____________

Today was the first day of being at home, Owen was at daycare Mon-el was at work, supergirl had to be off duty for a while, she didn't come though most people suspected that she was going away to start her own family by other news branches as well as some Cat co-employees wrote about, when she wasn't able to attend to some duties in national city.

Alex would pop in as well as Bree would pop in, while Eliza was driving up to National city. Kara sighed, rubbing her belly, watching the news with Car chases, and a bank robbery hostage situation going on. I wish I would be out there, when you too are out, I'm going out there, so you also are going to be safe." Kara told er babies, they both kicked at the same time, causing her to wince. "Ouch, that hurt mummy," she said aloud as the front door open. "Are they hurting you?" Kara heard Bree speak. Kara placed her feet on the floor, grunting at she got up. "Hey Bree, how are you?" Kara asked her sister's girlfriend. "Good, I thought I would just come and check if you heard the two situations going on. Kara nodded. "Thank you, it's killing me that I can't go out there," Kara said as the two went back over to the couch. "I would ask if you wanted to come out, but Alex strictly said that I was not to take you out of the apartment," Bree said. She was looking at me. I winced again. "You ok Kara?" Bree asked "yeah, but Brixton hicks" Kara replied. "This late?" She questioned. "Kara I'm no nurse, my sister is, and it shouldn't be like this" Bree explained. "It's fine, and We will wait till Eliza is here," Kara said. "No, I am going to take you to the DEO, you can message Eliza, and Mon-el when we are in there, Kara" Bree protested "Where's the baby bag?" She asked "I haven't made it yet" Kara explained "I was going to do it, but everything is in the babies room, and we decorated to the gender," Kara said, almost spilling the beans. Bree smiled. "I promise I will keep it a secret, can we just pack the bag?" She questioned. "FINE" Kara said with a groan, wanting to watch the chase and robbery.

Bree helped Kara pack the baby bags. The instructions from Kara what to pack while she was resting in the rocking chair. As Bree was packing onesies, diapers swaddle clothes, another Brixton hicks or contraction came she still couldn't tell the difference even if she had Owen almost three years ago.

"Ok I have everything, Alex and I will bring the car sears later," Bree said as Kara became restless. She groaned as she got out of the rocking chair and walked to down to the Kara, Bree didn't want to take the lift, so she took a chance wit the stairs.

Once they were in Bree and Alex's Car Kara rested for a little In a group message Kara texted Mon-el and Alex letting them know she was on her way to the DEO. Alex immediately texted back, 'Go to my house DEO under attack' "Um go your house; apparently, the DEO Is under attack 'I'll bring all the necessary things with brainy, and Nia' Kara read out what Alex said. "Ok," Bree said as they went to her and Alex's house. When they arrived at Bree and Alex's house. Bree helped Kara out into their home and on the couch. Bree went and got the bags from the car.

________

Mon-el POV

I had been messaging Kara though out the day when I had the time, the last two sessions, I had my kids in the classroom, so I wasn't able to message or check my phone. Lunchtime arrived, and the students left the class. I was on my way to the staff room. I looked at my phone to see a message between myself, Alex, Bree and Kara saying that; 1. the Deo was under attack 2. Kara was at Alex and Bree's home, and 3. Kara had gone into labour. I rushed to the main office to see if I could get an immediate replacement as I needed to go. I had told them in advance; I didn't take into consideration that it would happen so soon.

I rushed into the lunchroom to get my lunch bag and raced out. "Mike where are you were going," one of the staff members asked "Kara she's just gone into labour," I said and nothing else.

I raced to my car, getting in so I could drive off to Bree's place to be with my fiancé.