Chapter 18

Kara's POV

We arrived home Owen fell asleep in the car thankfully, which meant that I could put him to bed while Mon-el and I talked about the homes we saw.

"I really like the second one, but I can see why the third one is good too, I mean it had a back yard, I guess if I really wanted a Jacuzzi I could get someone to build it, it has everything that the first one had, a nice open area with the kitchen and living area, it only has two bedrooms" she explained "you could always build on to it, I mean the others have trees, I just.. I feel like I want to build something for Owen to build him a cubby house?" Mon-el told me I smiled "Well it's your house, I'm just going to live in it," he said with a cheeky smile. "Mon-el I think at the stage we are now, it as much as your decision as it is mine," I told him, he smiled. We sat there for a while long deciding on a house out of the three we loved, when we got down to two houses, Owen walked out with his blanket, in its hand and his the other hand his thumb was in his mouth.

"Hey bud, have a good nap?" I asked him he nodded and ran up to me, I giggled making him giggle too. He crawled into Mon-els lap and gave him a high too. "Do you wanna go to the park?" I asked him, He nodded. Making Mon-el and I chuckle. "Ok, the bud should we get your coat and shoes on," Mon-el said with a smile putting him down getting up, giving me a kiss on the lips, before going to help my son. For just a second I placed my hand on my stomach but realised that no, it tp early to be thinking about it, again.

"Mamma, radi" he said running out falling over but getting back up straight away.. "Ok, let me put my shoes on and then we can all ready off. "k," he said as I walked into Mon-el and I's room, slipping on my shoes and getting a bag ready just in case.

I walked out to see Mon-el and Owen at the front door. "Did you want to take the pram?" He asked me. "Um yeah, he might get tired," I told him, he nodded and got the pram. "Bud do you want to sit in the pram now?" Mon-el asked Owen. "No you carry," he asked shaking his head, holding out his arms towards him, He looked at me for reassurance. I nodded "Ok" he replied, "Do you know the way to the park?" He asked Owen. Owen shook his head. "Mum" he simply said I saw him nod.

I opened the door and we walked to the elevator and waited.

Once we were out on the streets we walked to the park. "So are you going to ask for your job back at the Bar?" I asked him. "I would like to try and do something else, I mean its really hard to get into early childhood maybe I could do like high school teaching?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders "Would it be ok if I did that, it would mean that you would need to hire a new nanny, but please a female one, I don't want you going off with another Manny" he said with a smirk, "if you really want to teach I am not going to stop you, and don't worry, we can work something out maybe Owen can start going to daycare, in two months since we will be 2 very soon." I told him. "When is his birthday ?" He asked me "Um the 9th of June," I told him looking at Owen who was enjoying the sights from Mon-el's arms.

"That's next month," he asked "Yeah, he will be two. Wow, it's gone so quick" I said out loud. "Soon he will be going off to his ist day of Kinda, then primary school. Oh, we should get those how so you can build a tree house and we can lock him away from all the girls that will be coming after him" I said looking at Mon-el, making him chuckle. "Ok yes we can build him a tree house, but no we're not doing that if he was a girl then yes.." Mon-el said looking at me with a smirk on his face. I leaned on to his shoulder as we walked along the path, soon raving at the park.

We parked next to the playground, Owen immediately wanted to go to the playground. "I'll go with him unless you want to?" He asked me. "I'll come with you," I said.

"Mon-el helped him up the steps, and then walked slowly up the steps to the slid. "Owen, just wait so Chris can hold you," I told Owen. "No. My self" he said with a smile. "Ok," I said. Mon-el came to the bottom of the slide with me. "Ready" he called out. I nodded and watched my son go down the slide by himself.

Laughing as he got to the end of the slide. "Good job bud, do you want to go on the swing?" I asked him. "No again," he said getting off going to the steps by himself falling a couple of times but got up the steps by himself.

"So tomorrow is mothers day did you want to do anything?" Mon-el asked me.

"Um, we celebrate it, but we haven't really done anything plus, he's being too young for the past year to understand it," I told Mon-el.

"Umm, what if I asked him if he wants to do anything for you?" Mon-el asked me.

"Sure, but please I don't want anything too big," I told him, He nodded, giving me kiss on the cheek, while holding me, I moved out of his grip. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I.. are we public,?" I asked me. He looked at me. "What?" He questioned. "I mean I don't mind you giving me kisses inside the home, but out in public?" I questioned. "Do you want to be public?" He asked me. I nodded. Smiling at him. Well, then come here" he asks with a smirk, giving me a kiss as Owen slid down the slid. "Yaaa," he said clapping his hands as we chuckled "What are you clapping your hands for?" I asked him "Mummy and daddy kiss," he said smiling, we both chuckled. "Swing," he said jumping up into Mon-els arms. "Ok," we said, he took Owen over to the swings while a brought the pram over.

We spent a few hours at the park where we had ice cream and ran around on the grassed area together, it did feel like a family day out, and it felt good. It was good that he was running around it meant that he was going to sleep tonight but, he would be cranky at dinner tie which isn't fun.

As we were walking home Owen fell asleep in the pram, which was good making Mon-el and I's walk home peaceful.

Once we got home I put Owen on the floor, with a pillow so while Mon-el and I sat on the couch and looked at the three houses again. As it became closer to dinner time I woke up Owen and gave him a bath. Mon-el said that he would cook dinner for us, making a simple dish for Owen, and a more delicious dish for us.