Chapter 39

Authors POV

The weekend approached kara was more stressed out about the weekend than her upcoming court date with her Nate, the male that disobeyed the restraining order.

"Babe, everything is fine, it's a Friday night, come watch a movie with me," Mon-el said, pulling Kara away from the kitchen. "Exactly, I need to get things done before tomorrow," Kara said. "Just use your super speed, please I wanna spend time alone," Mon-el asked, kissing his fiancés neck. Making her lean back into him. She moaned. Help me finish this and then we can have some fun." Kara said. Mon-el sighed. He helped his fiancé clean the mess up before sitting down on the couch comfortably.

——————

Morning arrived, Kara and Mon-el were laying in each other's arms comfortably and naked, their cuddle on the couch turned into a make-out session and, the next thing they knew they were in their bed. The two were out to the world, so they didn't hear Owen creep into their room and jump on their bed. "Mumma dada," Owen screamed, jumping up and down on their bed. Mon-el groaned while Kara chuckled. Opening her eye's ever so slightly, she pulled her arms out from underneath the covers, pulling her son towards them, he giggled. "are you excited today?" Kara asked him. "Yaaaaa friends come' over," he said with a grin on his face. Making her smile, that her son was excited that he had friends coming over to his house. Mon-el eventually smiled and cuddled his fiancée and Owen, who would soon be his son. Kara and mon-el had been thinking about this that when they get married, they would also make Mon-el his father, adopting him so he could have the same last name as his mother and future father.

"Yeah, are you excited?" Kara asked her son. "YESSS," he said, coming away from his mother grip jumping up and down onto Mon-el.

"Ok bud, how about we get up and have some breakfast and let mummy get ready," Mon-el told Owen. He jumped up of the bed and ran into the kitchen, while Mon-el kissed his fiancée.

For the part of the morning, Kara made sure that Mon-el was keeping her son occupied so she could get everything ready. Thankfully for her super-speed, she was able to get everything ready, making sure that she was able to have a rest before five kids came over with their parents.

Kia and her daughter Lilac arrived, the two kids ran off out to the back yard to play with Owens dog comet. "They are adorable together," Kia said with a smile as Mon-el took Kia's cooler bag. "thank you Mon-el, and they sure are" Kia replied with a smile. The three adults watched their kids play while more kids and parents and partners came in, minutes after Kia and Lilac came.

Soo everyone arrived, and all the kids were playing outside while the parents sat on the patio out the back, talking about their jobs and congratulating their article on the centre.

"I know this is a strange question to ask, what's it like to be a pregnant alien, Kara" Jo, Alex's mum asked

"its different for every alien, but for me I loses a lot of my strength, and become more human and less immune to the basic viruses and colds" Kara explained, for example if it was for my cousins wife, they had to go back to Argo for all her pregnancies as she is human, they didn't know what it would be like so for her and the babies safety they went back to Argo." Kara told her friends "What about the birthing?" Aden's mum asked. "Well for Owen, I didn't know what to expect, so it was all new to me, but now that I know, it was like a normal birth through way harder," Kara explained to their new Human friends. They nodded, not sure what to say or think. "It's ok" Kara replies as they look at their kids playing together. Every singling one of the was inclusive, inviting Lica into their circle of friends.

"I love how they don't seem alien.

_____________

With the kids

All the kids were playing on the swing set for that the DEO made for Owen so he was able to play on it so it wouldn't break as he became older.

"Lilac push me pwease" Owen called out to his friend Lilac.

"Ok," she said, skipping across the yard.

"Aden, wanna have a swing?" Emily asked Aden; he nodded, running over to the swing, as did Emily.

Leaving Joey and Alex.

"Guys we should play a game," Alex asked. "What kind of game?" Lilac asked. "Mum and dad brought me the bowling game?" Owen said, "What about we ask if we can go to the park?" Alex asked "Yess; we can go on the monkey bars," Lilac said. "Yeah," Emily said as the girls raced up to their mums to see if they could go down to the park.

The boys, on the other hand, stood there, unsure of what to do. "We could play with a ball down at the park?" Joey asked. All the boy's bar Owen ran up asking their parents if they could go, Aden ran back to Owen and asked him if he was coming and if he could bring the bowling set down since he wanted to play that.

Owen was headstrong like his mother, so if he didn't get his way as well as being two It wasn't a pleasant sight. Owen looked up at his friend and nodded but went back to the swing set, sitting back down on the swing while Aden went back to Mon-el tapping him, showing Owen on the swing by himself.

_____________

"Hey bud what's wrong?" Mon-el asks kneeling so he was close to Owens height.

"Wanna stay here" he huffed. "I know bud, and I know you invited them over, but they suggested you we go to the park, there's more to do," Mon-el said, Owen shook his head. "Do you wanna make a compromise?" Mon-el asked he shook his head again. "Ok, I'll get mum then," Mon-el said before he got up, Lilac came over. "You gonna come?" Lilac asked her friend Owen shook his head down, wiping his eyes. "Why are you crying?" Lilac asked. "I wanna stay here" he pouted hoping that it would work. Lilac sighed "please can you come, I really wanna play with you so does Aden," Lilac asked, making Owen smile, as Kara walked over kneeling next to her son and Lilac. "Bud what's wrong, Alex said that you don't wanna go to the park, you love the park," Kara said, I wanna play here, I invited them here," he said frowning at his mum. "I know, but sometimes it's good to change places, how about we take Comet down too, I am sure he would love a walk. Joey also said we could bring down some of your sandpit toys so you could make an even bigger sandcastle" his mum asked Owen nodded. "Good, so can you get your castle kit and we can bring a ball too" Kara replied with a smile. "Ok," Owen said in defeat, with his head down, jumping off the swing walking grudgingly unhappy of the outcome.

_____________

Down at park, the families the dads that came went off and played with the kids while the mums sat down watching them play. "Kia is Lilac's father involved?" Samantha Aden's mother asked. Kia looked down. "No, he um, he was killed in an Alien attack" she spoke. "Oh, I am.," Samantha replied, shocked unspoken and lost for words.

After a few hours of the kids playing, the mothers and their kids went to the ice cream shops across from the park while the man sat down and had a drink talking about what they wanted, sport as well as the other fathers giving Mon-el advice on how to give attention to three kids instead of one.