Chapter 30 (Edited)

A week went on; Kara was becoming more tired with more morning sickness, so she would be taking Owen to daycare while Mon-el went to school early so he could leave half an hour after the bell or after he completed the after school yeard duty. Kara also Called her mum, Clark and Louis along with some other friends to ask them if they wanted to come around for dinner on the weekend, as she thought it was time to tell them about the baby. Alex said it was safe to tell everyone and she couldn't wait for Step to find out along with Bree, who's relations ship was great. Step absolutely loved Bree and didn't mind to have to mummy's cause she had Mon-el. 

As Kara dropped Owen off to his daycare without any hesitations, she had to sign one of the forms so her sister could pick her up at any time. She also confirmed that she was with the FBI and she means business. Kara also mentioned that Cat Co could also ruin the centre, by being the most successful reporter in National City, as well as being the CEO of Cat Co. The young manager gulped, "Um" she said, not having an answer to Kara's words. "If I hear that you are calling my son an alien again, I will be sure to tell my friends and Owens friends that we are moving because of the accusations you have been making towards, her and son," Kara said. She nodded "Ok bud, be good today will be daddy or me picking you up today," she told her son, giving him a hug before he ran off and played with his friends.

Kara left the daycare nauseated one; for her son's future there and two; pregnancy. This pregnancy wasn't agreeing with her.

Kara walked into work. She didn't mind if people were not at her desks or waiting for her by the elevator. She always wanted them in her office for the morning meeting, and if they weren't there too bad, and they wouldn't get a scoop, they would get a boring short story that didn't mean much. They would have to work on something they wouldn't want, or at least try to find anything they could write.

"Ally make sure everyone Is in my office in 5 minutes and if there are ant new interns I want them in my offices for the morning" Kara stated Ally nodded "Can I get you anything Kara," she asked almost scared. Kara sighed truing to Ally, who was worried and scared. Um yeah can I have a tea, and I'm sorry, I am tired, actually after the meeting can you stay in my office please, your not in trouble I need to figure things out and make sure everything is all ok here" Kara told Ally. "Kara, you're scaring me." Ally said with a frown. "Everything is fine, I will tell you, and you are not in any kinds of trouble," Kara told her assistant, holding her shoulders and looking her in the eye with a smile. "I will make sure everyone is I your office" Ally said with a smile as Kara went into her office to see mounds of paper there. She sighed and got ready for her day ahead.

The meeting was stressful; at one point, Kara felt like yelling at everyone as if she was Cat Grant. "So can everyone do their task, and please ask Nia you have all piled this on to my desk," she said to all her employees. "Nia can you please here," she said, rubbing her forehead sitting down. "Kara are you ok?" Na asked worried that she had turned pale, knowing that can't happen to her. "Um yeah, I am fine. Can you please help anyone that needs it I am not in the mood today" Kara explained Nia nodded, knowing that this wasn't her.

"Kara, what's wrong you seem off," Ally asked ash she closed the door to her office walking closer to Kara's desk. "I'm pregnant" she blurted out. "It's Mon-els, but I don't know how I am going to handle this." she started "can you please see if Cat grant is in town I need to speak to her" Kara finished telling Ally. "Of course, do I need to call Alex to see what I can get for you," Ally asked, "No it's ok, I will call her, um where are the interns?" Kara asked again. "Um the only intern is Paige that is willing to help, but I can get every intern on your office for an important meeting" Ally suggested. "Um yes please, I will get one of them to help you today," Kara said with a trying smile. Ally nodded walking out, calling all interns to her, urgently they flocked to Kara's office. Kara smiled at the fact that she was so much like her, but also Nia.

Kara spoke to the interns letting them know she needed help if they didn't want to do this they could leave and by the end of the day, should be keeping an eye on a few of them for further employment. A few of them left not wanting to do the jobs, though a few stayed and one of them was very quiet, she did what she needed to do though she looked confused at times. "I am so sorry, what was your name again?" Kara asked the young girl that was on the floor next to kara's desk far away from everyone.

"Kia," she said quietly scared to look up at her.

"Would you like to have lunch with me?" Kara asked the young intern. Kia didn't know what to say. "Um.. what would you like," she asked, confused. "Oh, it's ok it's on me, I just wanna get to know a few of my interns, and you don't have to be quiet," Kara said with a kind smile. She looked up at her with glassy eyes. "Kia it's ok, come and have lunch and then I can get you onto something else" Kara suggested. Kia nodded, unsure "do you have a bag?" Kara asked she nodded "it's at the front desk were are not allowed to have it with us," Kia said. Kara nodded. I will come with you and let the, know to give all the inturns their bags back." Responded, Kia nodded worriedly on what the other inturns will think of her.

————-

Kara and Kia walked down to Noonans; they ordered takeaway. Kara took her down to the park.

"Do you study," Kara asked, taking a bite out of her meal. Kia shook her head. "Kia you know you're allowed to talk to me" Kara explained Kia. She looked up and smiled "Um no I applied for a paid internship, I haven't got any experience in writing or anything like that but if it helps me and my daughter survive then I will do what I need to do to give her everything she needs," Kia said with a smile. "How old is your daughter?" Kara asked "she just turned 3" Kia responded, smiling as she thought of her daughter. "My son is two, how would you like to have a play date, it would be good for Owen" Kara suggested. Bonding over their children. Kia gulped, "I... don't usually do playdates, but... I know you know Supergirl, so you're Ok with Aliens, is it ok is myself and Lilly are Aliens?" She asked anxiously that she outed herself to the CEO of the company that gave her an internship.

"Kia, do you know I do all the applications for people, to do internships and working, I see your work, and I knew there was something special about you, and I do not mind that you are from another planet because I am too," Kara said smiling. Kia smiled.

The two ladies ate their lunch and talked about their son and daughter, organising a time where they could have a playdate. As the two ladies walked back to the tall building; Kara explained that she would like to get her doing something else. now, this wasn't because they bonded over the child or the fact that they were both aliens, but because Kara saw something in Kia, and she knew that it was special, like how she saw a special spark in Kia, that needed to be used.