Chapter 23 (Edited)

Authors POV

As the week went on of Kara and Mon-el living in their new home, Owen going to daycare for a few days it meant that Mon-el wasn't doing much so he and Kara decided that he should get another job and not just at the alien bar, so she decided to see what was available at cat co before they went for other jobs. There was a job going for someone at the front desk, now mon-el has only really worked in a bar so his people skills are great however but his Tech skills were not so good, so he spent the day with Wyn at DEO learning about the technology and emails, so he would know somewhat how to do things if not there wasn't much out there, others then a photojournalist, he would, of course, start off as an assistant to someone and learn on the job, other than that he could go back to doing daycare, or work as a teacher.

For both of the adults searching for jobs for Mon-el most of the day Owen was at daycare, he met some new friends but they had to call Kara because he wasn't feeling well, so the care's thought.

"Hello, is this Kara Danvers?" The person over the phone asked "Um this is her assistant, can I ask who is this?" Ally kara's assistant asked. "Um this is Mary, from Owens daycare, is Kara available to pick him up, he doesn't look well, his pale, red eyes, and he's shaking," Mary explained the symptoms.

Now, Kara warned Ally about these symptoms, this was Owen starting to get his powers. "Um, I can see if she is available if not her partner Mike Mathews will pick Owen up" Ally explained "Ok, no worries please try and get them here as quickly as possible," she asked worriedly. "No worries" Ally replied and went straight into Kara, letting her know it was an emergency. "Kara, um it's an emergency Owen it's um he's thrown up, and the staff are worried he's contagious," Ally said as a code for 'Owen's powers have been coming through. Or he is using his powers.' Kara's eye's widened "Um I am so sorry I'm going to have to cut this short, Ally can you take all the calls let people know that I'm home for the remainder of the day" Kara said "Of course" Ally said "You can't just leave in a middle of an interview" the interviewer said "I can when it involves my son, that's off, the record we will continue this tomorrow or you lose the interview and it will go to someone else" Kara said grabbing her bag walking out.

Kara's POV

I raced out of the elevator and getting into my car letting the DEO know so I could bring Owen in straight away along with Mon-el to meet me at the DEO.

Kara parked outside the daycare racing in, seeing Owen in a separate room. "Hi. um... I'm here for Owen" I said to one of the care's she nodded and walked me into the room where he was with another educator who seemed very calm. "Please close the door," The career said I gulped nodding sitting next to Owen picking him up. "Um please, please correct me if I am wrong and I don't want to offend you in any way. But are you an alien?" She asked. I gulped, 'Owen why do you need to blow our cover at daycare' Kara thought to herself. "Um, I think I should really get Owen home, thank you," I said diverting from the question. "I know what it's like, raising a kid as an alien" she started I turned to her. 'did she just out herself to me,'   "I'm one, as is my partner and our kid, well they are part alien." She said I looked at her. All I did was just nod "Ms Danvers, please I want to help, and I don't want Owen to be kicked out, he's a special kid, but he needs more interactions with the kids, he has the smarts, but he's not interacting very well" she told Kara "He's just turned two, you can't expect him to do that, so early" Kara spat. "I'm sorry, please I'm going to try and talk some sense into my manager, but if you need any help with him please give me a call." She said handing me her number. "If I was an alien, and he was I think I would know how to take care of my child" Kara spat again walking out of the room, getting Owens bag, and walking to the car, so we could head straight to the DEO. "Baby you're going to be ok," I tell Owen as I start him into his car seat as he smiles and tries to use his heat vision giggling thankfully I stop it. "DON'T," I tell him, he then starts to cry. "Owen stops that right now," I tell him as I get into the front seat and drive off to the DEO.

_______

We arrived at the DEO I raced into "Take him into the med bay" Alex told me I nodded as Mon-el came racing up to me and Owen. "Hey, you ok?" Mon-el asked me. I nodded as I held Owen rocking him in my arms. Mon-el gave me a kiss before we walked into the med bay.

Alex did a full examination looking at us. "he is just getting his powers, I suggest that you get him glasses, he can wear red glasses, line with led" Alex said. "Can we do anything else?" I asked for a different option. Alex sighed "I am only saying this for the last resort" Alex started as Mon-el and I nodded for her to continue. "We can inject him with a small amount of Krypton....." Alex started "No, no way in hell" Mon-el started "Mon.." I said rubbing his arm, I loved that he is being so protective "No we are not using kryptonite" I finished "Ok, well the glasses will have to do otherwise we could do a small led necklace that can repress his powers. In the meantime at home, we should start to train and work on him practising his abilities." Alex suggested. I nodded "Ok" I replied. "Hey, Owen do you want to see what you can do?" Alex asked her nephew. He looked up at Alex and then at me. "Come on bud, let's go to mummy's training room," I say and pick him up. Mon-el and I walked in together with Owen and Alex, Wyn and Jhon following behind. "Guys I'm sorry but please can we have some space instead of measuring and seeing what abilities he has, he's two" I yelling not know that I did. "Ok," Wyn said walking away. "Kara," Alex said "Look I'm sorry but I just don't want him going all tech on Owen he's only two, and I just want to make sure that he is safe before wyn, you and j'hon start prodding and poking him," I said walking into the room with Mon-el.