Chapter 20 (Edited)

Authors POV

Kara and Mon-el laid in their bed together with his arm around Kara's body, Today was Owens birthday since it was a weekend they were both hoping for asleep in.

Kara peaked her eye to see the time on her bedside clock. She quietly moaned since it was 6 am and Owen wasn't awake if they could get to 6:45 the record for their sleep in would be broken. As she tuned in his arms, Mon-el moaned a little mon-el gave her a peck on her hairline, and they fell back asleep in each other's arms. "I hope he can sleep till 7" Mon-el quietly said "Don't jinx it," Kara said quietly. He mumbled and slumber hit them again until they heard the quiet patter of little feet at their door. Kara punched his arm for him jinxing it. Quietly numbing "Maybe he will leave us if we are sound asleep," she told him. "Or if we were under the covers just moving around like we were having an intimate moment," he said as a smile appeared on his face. "Umm, no," Kara said quietly as they heard the door open, and his feet walk towards their bed, feeling the bed sink at the end and his hands and feet crawling over them. They tried to keep still as possible but, it wasn't going to work because Owen started jumping up and down on the bed, and soon jumped in the middle of the two. He giggled, finally giving into him they giggled to opening their eyes to see Kara's son. "Morning Owen," Kara said, "Mummy, daddy," he said giving them both a hug and kiss. "I'm two," he said trying to hold up two fingers.

"What? It's your birthday?" Mon-el started. "yeah, we are going to have a big party with aunty Alex and my cousins" he started, making Kara and Mon-el nod their heads. "Uncle Clark and Aunty Louis are coming with Phoenix and Alya," Kara told her two favourite boys "Nixy is coming" Owen clawed his hands. Phoenix and Owen where a year apart and Alya is 5 years old, Louis came a custom to them kicking that for Phoenix's pregnancy she was able to stay on earth.

The three stayed in bed for the morning before getting up and having Owens favourite breakfast pancakes. After Pancakes Kara went and got Owen his present, which she and Mon-el had talked about, they hid it at the DEO, as well as the other presents.

"Ok bud stay here I'm just going to get your presents," Kara said with a smile, Kara flew to the Deo and grabbed his presents, putting one of them in a box, and carried the rest.

Meanwhile, Owen helped Mon-el clean up breakfast so they could get ready for everyone coming over.

"Do you want to have a shower before or after presents.?" Mon-el asked Owen "Before dadda." He said with a smile "Ok, let's go" he said with a smile. Mon-el bathed Owen, the two bonded all the time it was time well spent together.

Kara flew through the window. "I'm home" she called out. "We're having a bath" Mon-el called out. Kara put down all of the boxes and walked into the bathroom to see that it was filled with bubbles everywhere. She stood at the door, them not realising that she was there, she coughed, they looked and pointed at each other. Kara chuckled. "Ok, Owen lets get changed while Mon. Dad cleans the bathroom" Kara tells her son as he laughs.

Kara gets him dressed in a birthday outfit that Mon-el saw and had to get him, she loved the fact that he would love to go out and buy something, for Owen Kara would even start to call him dad as well. Kara always thought about what he would be like if they had a baby girl together.

They all walked out together, sitting him down on the floor.

"Ok Owen, so you know we are going to live in a bigger house in two weeks, so this is why I thought it would be a good idea to get you this as well as learning how to be gentle with the new powers that you will have." Kara started. Owen smiled "ok ready?" Kara questioned he nodded. Kara opened the large box and a puppy popes it's head out, Owen ran over to the puppy. "Do you want a pat?" Kara asked he nodded his head vigorously. Kara gently picked the puppy up and sat down on the floor next to Mon-el, and Owen sat in the middle of Mon-el's lap. "What's his name," Owen asked "he doesn't have a name," Kara says patting the Maltese puppy. "Boy or girl?" Owen asked Mon-el lifted the puppy up looking to see what it was, making Kara chuckle. "Girl," he said Kara looked too and nodded. "Umm," Own starts. "I don't know mummy what's a good girls name?" Owen asked "jazz or star or oh strikie was my cat's name?" Kara started "what about Comet?" Mom-el asked "I like that name daddy, hey comet" Owen started the puppy looked up. "I think she likes that name," Kara said with a smile. "Ok Owen, did you want to open your other gifts or play with Comet," Kara asked as Owen ran around the room with comet running after each other both falling down a couple of times making both Kara and Mon-el chuckle.

The two adults sat there watching the two fall over, Kara leaned into Mon-els shoulder, "I dream about him having a brother or sister one-day" Mon-el blurted out. Kara looked at him and smiled. "Umm," Kara responded giving her boyfriend a kiss. "Maybe in a year, when we are settled and we are both ready" Kara responded with a smile. "Ok, um some people have said you need to be married before you have kids?" He asked Kara looked at him and shook her head. "Some people think that, but I don't," Kara told him he nodded.

___________

The afternoon came around, Kara and Mon-el had just finished cleaning a few accidents that both Comet and Owen made, as well as getting everything ready for everyone to come over for Owens second birthday.

Clark, Lois, Phoenix and Lara came first, then it was Chyler and her new girlfriend Bree. Beca and Alex sadly didn't connect as well as she hoped plus Bree is amazing with Alexes daughter Steph. Wyn his girlfriend. Cat and her son Carter. And of course grandpa jhon

Owen opened the rest of his presents before they had their late lunch, after lunch they all went down to the park so all the kids could run around and so that the parents could have a rest.

As late afternoon came around, after returning back home they all decided to leave so Owen could have an afternoon nap. Kara and Mon-el cleaned everything up and kept Comet occupied.