Chapter 24 (Edited)

Kara's POV

Mon-el and I returned home for the DEO. Owen started to cry, not wanting to do any of the things Alex suggested, or what I wanted to do. I gave up and came home with Mon-el so Owen could rest knowing that we would be tired, so I put him down for a nap and sat on the couch with Mon-el. "Are you sure your ok, this stress isn't good for the baby" Mon-el explained "What" I asked confused "Your stressing, and you don't normally go off at wyn, nor you do with Alex" Mon-el told. I sighed "One of the carer's at Owens daycare asked if we were alien and then proceeded to say that she was alien, and said she had a few tips to help me" I told Mon-el as I leaned my head into his shoulder relieving some of the stress that was building up in me. "look I know if that there are books on taking care of babies and toddlers but not alien toddlers or babies" Mon-el said with a chuckle making me smile. "Why don't you write one, you know because you have a lot of spare time." I suggested "Oh yeah about that I have an interview for a primary school teacher, I believe its year 5 or 6," he said with a smile. "That's great, congratulations," I said with a smile kissing him. I kissed him more passionately, straddling him, sliding my hands through his hair. "Umm not now, maybe I can get someone from the bar to help with Owen, some of my regulars that come to the bar after work have kids and they could help?" Mon-el suggested. I nodded "Ok, if not I guess Alex, j'hon and wyn will help, but I just.. he needs to get them under control, so he can go back without harming anyone at daycare" I explained to Mon-el. "Ok, well my interview is tomorrow, so if you don't think its safe, you can take the day off or until I get back from my interview, you can go into work" Mon-el told me as he rubbed my shoulders, I smiled and leaned into him as we just sat together on the couch for a while.

Authors POV

Owen got out of his bed, walking in to see his mum and Mon-el on the couch. "Mumma," he said quietly, from the doorway. Both Kara and Mon-el look to see him. "What's wrong baby," she asked "Scad" he spoke. "about what," Kara asked her son, he was usually fearless. "Why are you scared, Owen?" Kara asked him. "You," he said, pointing at me. "me?" Kara asked, worried "Bud, why you scared of your mum?" Mon-el questioned "Fly," he said, Kara sighed. "Come here," Kara said, and Owen shook his head racing over to Mon-el clinging onto him. "Owen it's ok, you know how you weren't feeling well earlier today?" Mon-el asked him, Owen nodded "you know mummy has special powers?" He questions Owen, he nods and smiles "Mummy saves people" grinning from ear to ear. "Well, you have the same powers as mummy's," Mon-el told Owen "you powrs," Owen asked Mon-el, Mon-el nodded his head. Owen clapped his hands happy. "fly" he wondered "Maybe tomorrow bud, we need to make sure your eye's don't heat up again" Kara said. Owen covered his eye giggling. Kara and Mon-el smiled and cuddled with Kara's son before Mon-el had to get ready for his interview for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Kara and her son spent the afternoon kara teaching her son about the planet they come from, even though he was two he caught the grasp on the language pretty quickly. Owen wanted to learn how to fly while Owen was taking a second nap. Kara went and found a pair of her old glasses that she first got when she arrived and got wyn to adjust them to Owens face frame, wyn gladly accepted and asked if he could even make a suit. Kara declined and went back to their home with red glasses with small amounts of Led that can stabilise his new powers coming in.

___________

After the eventful day the three had, Owen was in bed early from all the known knowledge he was gaining he was exhausted. Kara and Mon-el sat together on the couch in each other's arms. "So what happened today, at the daycare centre?" Mon-el asked as he stroked her arm, giving her a feather kiss on her shoulder. Kara sighed "One of the cares. She came out to me as an alien, and I didn't even know her, she didn't know me, and you know me, I'm all for coming together as aliens.  I just felt she wanted me to tell her that I was an alien, or Owen was an alien" Kara said, taking a pause and breath. "hey it's up to you, but in my opinion, I don't think you should tell her, I don't want your secret, getting out nor do I want people looking for Owen just because he is the son of the girl of steel. If they ask you again deny it, call J'hon and your sister" Mon-el told his girlfriend. Kara nodded

"Thank you," she said again, turning towards him kissing him, their kiss became heated but was interrupted by a loud thud, they looked at each other getting up not hearing a cry. The two raced in to see Owen on the floor. Kara read over to pick him up, while Mon-el turned on the light. "Is he hurt?" Mon-el question. "its a boy of steel, of course, he is not hurt" Kara spat. "Ok," he said, walking over to Kara. "What happened?" Mon-el asked. "I don't know, he could have fallen out of bed, or he could of being sleep hovering, I mean I slept hover, when I first came to earth" Kara said as she laid her son back down back in bed, going him a kiss on the forehead, with Mon-el behind her, giving Owen a kiss as well.

Kara and Mon-el went to bed keeping an ear out to hear any more thuds, Mon-el suggested to pull out a baby monitor that she had recently unpacked looking through things that they would desperately need when their baby comes along, they fell asleep in each other's arm.