Chapter 37

Authors POV

A few months passed Kara was four months pregnant, and everything was going great, Owen wanted to go to daycare the little boy Aden and him were good friend's Kara, and his mother made time for playdates as well as Kia and her daughter. Mon-el noticed something about the daycare which made him smile; he told Kara about what he saw, she wants to see if it was real and if she could do a story on it.

Kara told Mon-el to go off to work, and she would take Owen off to school and see if he and a few other sources were correct about this particular daycare.

"Kara, Owen Hello and welcome, Aden is in the play area," Kylie said making Owen run in without kissing his mum. It made her laugh, but she shouted out to him. "Love you, buddy" Kylie laughed. "Um, I was wondering if I could talk to your manager it's about a piece for Cat CO," Kara asked "Of course, come in," Kylie said offering for Kara to come into her office, while she went off to get Kaylen, the manager of the daycare.

Kaylen walked in closing the door behind her "So what is it about," she asked without any hesitations or distance, it must be real Kara thought to her self.

"Well," Kara started trying not to be nervous. "I have had some sources say that this daycare is alien friendly," Kara asked, Kaylen nodded and smiled taking a breath "That is correct, we have alien kids and parents as well as human parents, and it is very nice to see them interact with each other. I have to say that most of the kids are oblivious" Kaylen told Kara, she nodded "Can this be off the record?" Kara asked with a hint of nervousness in her voice. Kaylen nodded "My son; he is an alien as am I. His biological father wasn't, though mike is," Kara said like a weight lifted off her shoulders. "I know... Supergirl" she whispered. Making Kara look up chuckling pushing her glasses up. "It's ok. This daycare the reason why we are how we are is because all of our staff are all open, as well as the parents, we find going out to a bar or park where we can be who we are is what makes this daycare like a family, I know it sounds strange but it worked for us and being open is what makes it so successful" Kaylen explained "That can be on the record" she finished with a smile. "Thank you, and I would love to come back and do for this unique story" Kara asked. "No worries and we will treat Owen right if some of his powers come in, is there anyone we can call, or do?" Kylie asked. "My sister Alex, her number should be on his registration," Kara said with a smile. "No worries" Kylie replied smiling letting Kara out of her office allowing Kara to leave so she could begin writing up what she had, but also happy that her son would be safe at the daycare.

________

Mon-el stood in the schoolyard with another teacher "Is your fiancé better?" one of the student teachers the school had taken on asked. Mon-el "yeah she is going well as are our babies," Mon-el said with a smile not giving anything "That's good, and Owen enjoying daycare?" She asked, wanting to know more though mon-el couldn't wait to get away from this conversation "Yeah" he replied, Mon-el walked off looking for another place where he could stand and get away from this woman. She was a tad nosy for his liking though, Many of the teachers thought that she was somewhat obsessed with his fiancé.

Thankfully after the second bell of lunch went and Mon-el was able to go into the lunchroom and have his lunch and talk to his other co-workers that he could tolerate.

"How was the duty with her?" Lucas, the other male teachers, asked. Mon-el rolled his eyes, getting his lunch out of the fridge and sat by him. Lucas chuckled "That bad, huh?" He asked "you have no idea how annoying it is to have people constantly ask people about my fiancé, I mean ok, but it's our life, and we share what we want to share" Mon-el spoke Lucas nodded. Both male teachers, as most of them are reserved incase they share something about their partners don't want other people knowing. "Mike, how's Owen doing at his new daycare?" The other year 5/6 teacher asked, named Julie "He loves it, he made a new friend on his first day" Mike said with a smile on his face. "Do you where he will go to school? I hear he's bright?" Julie asked. "We haven't spoken about that yet; we are just trying to get through the pregnancy first, and then we will decide. Unless he can go to a three-year-old kindy, then we would consider it" Mike explained to Julie. She also had a three-year-old boy, Mike nodded. "How is he with you? I mean my girls are a little off with my new partner. He treats them so well" Mandy asked. "He's only two and a half, but when I met him he was one and a half, he thought I was his father anyways. Maybe allow your partner to have a day out with the girls if you trust him. There should be no problem and get their feedback to see if he would be good for a second dad" Mike suggested Mandy nodded she was the year four teacher. The four upper school teachers chatted about their partners and kids for the remainder of lunch as well as what they would be doing on the weekend. When the last bell rang for lunch, Mon-el said good luck to Lucas since he had this new student who was over the top, making the other teachers laugh.

_________

Meanwhile, Kara walked around Cat CO, seeing how all her employees are working. "Kara I was wondering if you could have a look at this?" One of the many male employees "Of course" Kara replied, looking at the screen.

Kara looked at the screen to see an article about the financial situation since there was a downfall in the stock market that somewhat impacted Cat CO.

The male put his hand on her back and slid it down to her backside. Kara grabbed his hand, "I hope that you didn't get me to read this so that you could touch me" Kara asked as she turned around and saw that another male employee was filming this incident. "Well, you're not going to look like this for much longer," he said with a smirk on his face. "MEETING NOW !" Kara yelled.

For the next 10 minutes, Kara spoke about how things will change for those who saw the incident today you will all be interviewed. "Even if you did not see it, but your name is mentioned, you too will be interviewed," Kara spoke loud and clear, quite a few of her employees were frightened of here since they had never seen this side of her, but now they have they all knew she meant business.

Kara sighed after all the interviews were completed, Kia came into her office, knocking on the glass doors. "Mrs Danvers there is a lady here from Owens knew a daycare," Kia asked. "Yes, can you bring her in and also a coffee or something to kick these pregnancy cravings away," Kara said. "No worries, would you like something?" Kia asked the lady. "No, thank you" she replied. Kia nodded and walked out, getting Kara a treat that will cheer her up.

"I came here because you didn't come back for the interview" Kaylen explained in her innocent voice. "Oh, right I am so sorry things got a little tense. Please have a seat," Kara said, getting up waddling over to the couch. "I didn't know you were pregnant" Kaylen explained "yeah Twins. I am four months my fiancé, and I wanted to keep it on the down-low" Kara replied Kaylen nodded. I knew that she shouldn't say anything at her place of work.

Kara and Kaylen talked, the interview went on, Kara said she would be back at the daycare to also speak to some of the alien parents and human parents to see how they think it impacts their lives as well as their children's. She would also ask if some of the refugees and human children could say something about their fellow human and foreign friends.

"I will see when this will be printed after I talk to some of the parents and your students and give you a free copy," Kara said with a smile as the two ladies got up shaking the hands of each other.